Page 41 of 865 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    I've been wanting to start reading some Judge Dredd books and noticed IDW released some artist specific ohc's by Brian Bolland, Carlos Ezquerra and Cam Kennedy. Since I don't know much about Dredd, would this be a good place to start reading some classic works in over sized format?
    If you want to read classic Judge Dredd start with the complete case files the early ones are black and white but they are collecting all Dredd stories in order. Case Files 1 - 5 are great starting place and contain some of the best Dredd stories.

I've never really read a lot of Judge Dredd but years ago - maybe in the early 2000s or so, one company started releasing Garth Ennis collections. And there were a number of oversized tpbs. I really enjoyed them but eventually sold them off. I'd love for there to be a complete Ennis collection but it probably won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've never really read a lot of Judge Dredd but years ago - maybe in the early 2000s or so, one company started releasing Garth Ennis collections. And there were a number of oversized tpbs. I really enjoyed them but eventually sold them off. I'd love for there to be a complete Ennis collection but it probably won't ever happen.
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Ga...te+garth+ennis

I believe all of Ennis stuff has been reprinted in the case files but that is a solid collection of Ennis Dredd.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 05-18-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you want to read classic Judge Dredd start with the complete case files the early ones are black and white but they are collecting all Dredd stories in order. Case Files 1 - 5 are great starting place and contain some of the best Dredd stories.
    Thanks for the response. I just saw my friend had the Brian Bolland one and it looked amazing in oversized hardcover, was contemplating getting it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Ga...te+garth+ennis

I believe all of Ennis stuff is been reprinted in the case files but that is a solid collection of Ennis Dredd.
    Well, damn. Thanks! Although I wish it was HC. I might get this.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I just saw my friend had the Brian Bolland one and it looked amazing in oversized hardcover, was contemplating getting it anyway
    It is a nice hardcover but for Cursed Earth and The Day The Law Died you just get the Bolland parts not the whole stories so be ready to have some gaps in a couple of the stories.

Incredible Member

Anybody read the newer Rocketeer books? The original was always one of my favorites, and I was thinking about picking up the new ones, but I recently took a look at the Rocketeer / Spirit and the art wasn't very good. Wondering if the others are worth picking up.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

In addition to what Kalitarix posted, this also popped up on amazon:

The Phantom Omnibus the Complete Gold Key Comics

The description reads:
    Hermes Press' best selling Phantom the Gold Key Years, Volumes One and Two, now out of print, are collected in this deluxe omnibus edition. Presenting the complete run of Gold Key Phantom comic books, issues #1-#17 in one comprehensive, definitive volume. Featuring painted cover art by comic book legend George Wilson with interior artwork by Silver Age stalwart Bill Lignante and scripts by Bill Harris. The definitive collection presents classic adventures of the Ghost Who Walks!

512 pages

$84.99 RRP
    $59.40 preorder price

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Anybody read the newer Rocketeer books? The original was always one of my favorites, and I was thinking about picking up the new ones, but I recently took a look at the Rocketeer / Spirit and the art wasn't very good. Wondering if the others are worth picking up.
    I loved Cargo of Doom. It was so much fun, and I usually don't like when Rocketeer goes against giant octopuses or similar things, because there wasn't anything like that in the original, but in this case it was executed very well. Also, it's Mark Waid and Chris Samnee! OK, Samnee's art is nothing like Stevens' but that book was pure awesomeness for me.
    The others not so much.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-19-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    In addition to what Kalitarix posted, this also popped up on amazon:

The Phantom Omnibus the Complete Gold Key Comics

The description reads:
    Hermes Press' best selling Phantom the Gold Key Years, Volumes One and Two, now out of print, are collected in this deluxe omnibus edition. Presenting the complete run of Gold Key Phantom comic books, issues #1-#17 in one comprehensive, definitive volume. Featuring painted cover art by comic book legend George Wilson with interior artwork by Silver Age stalwart Bill Lignante and scripts by Bill Harris. The definitive collection presents classic adventures of the Ghost Who Walks!

512 pages

$84.99 RRP
    $59.40 preorder price
    I used to read the newspaper, as a kid, solely for the phantom 3 panel strips on the entertainment page by the crossword. They were pretty awesome, are these anything like it? Wonder if they ever collected them anywhere.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

For the dutch guys, Cheap-comics.com just priced X-statix omnibus for €39,50. I'm definitely buying it now
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Can anyone give me helpful advice or tips on where to get the best price on the Steranko Nick Fury Artists Edition? This will be my first Artist Edition and im not sure where to get it from. Heavyink.com had it listed for $76 but it is listed as out of stock. Never ordered from them before but I guess they dont do pre-orders. Also, that price cant be right can it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Can anyone give me helpful advice or tips on where to get the best price on the Steranko Nick Fury Artists Edition? This will be my first Artist Edition and im not sure where to get it from. Heavyink.com had it listed for $76 but it is listed as out of stock. Never ordered from them before but I guess they dont do pre-orders. Also, that price cant be right can it?
    Normally they're the same price pretty much everywhere,noone really marks them down at all unless they have a bunch and have had them forever. My LCS told me if I preordered one and paid for it in full I'd save 10% (I'm planning on getting the Mignola one, and it'll be my first as well).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New Member

If anyone is interested, I found ABC warriors Mek files vol 1 at Book Depository for the bargain price of £16.23, way cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.

http://www.bookdepository.com/B-C-Wa.../9781781082584

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Normally they're the same price pretty much everywhere,noone really marks them down at all unless they have a bunch and have had them forever. My LCS told me if I preordered one and paid for it in full I'd save 10% (I'm planning on getting the Mignola one, and it'll be my first as well).
    are you aware that it won't have any speechbubbles? There was a discussion about this on the previous forum, I don't remember if you were a part of that so I thought I would mention it.