Page 412 of 865 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Man, I sure prefer Dark Horses premiere HCs pricing on Amazon to Image's. Black Science is up for $59 cdn...The Goon $28! The Fatale HCs are nearly $60 as well. That's crazy considering they are much smaller volumes than the Fear Agent books.
    I did a double take before realizing you were talking about $CDN prices. $60 is too much for Fatale deluxe but Vol.2 will have more pages than the first one. Four issues worth + extras. The Image deluxes are definitely comparable to the Dark Horse volumes as they both use glued bindings.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    I did a double take before realizing you were talking about $CDN prices. $60 is too much for Fatale deluxe but Vol.2 will have more pages than the first one. Four issues worth + extras. The Image deluxes are definitely comparable to the Dark Horse volumes as they both use glued bindings.
    Ill have to take another look but i coulda sworn DH uses pretty much exclusively sewn, albeit a still sewn binding

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Dark Horse's LE's blow almost every other HC oit of the water. Especially the overpriced OHC's from Image and Marvel.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Dark Horse's are sewn bindings...and much nicer books in general. The Fatale vol 1 book I have doesn't even compare to the Hellboy LE's, the Fear Agent LEs or I'm sure the upcoming Goon LE's. I got the 1st Vol of The Goon LE pre-ordered through Indigo for $22 cdn...

Black Science otoh is pre-ordering for $59.
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 09-09-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Dark Horse's are sewn bindings...and much nicer books in general. The Fatale vol 1 book I have doesn't even compare to the Hellboy LE's, the Fear Agent LEs or I'm sure the upcoming Goon LE's. I got the 1st Vol of The Goon LE pre-ordered through Indigo for $22 cdn...

Yea the Dark Horse Library are night and day above Image OHC's, both in price/size/quality of construction. It sucks that Canadian prices seem to keep jumping, and they seem to be stopping the 30+% discounts and all pre-orders no longer offer a discount above 11% by the looks of it. Dollar is really affecting the prices now for Canadian buyers...

Luckily I was able to pre-order a bunch of Omnibuses, DC deluxes, Fatale Vol 2, and Black Science 2 when they were listed at $40 a few weeks ago. Being a Canadian shopper sucks .

Fantastic Member

Yeah I see now that the DH prices have jumped too. I got The Goon vol2 pre-ordered just in time. Got it for $28 and it's jumped up to $39 now. Still even the non-discounted prices are crazy. The Fatale books list at $66.50 while the Goon LE's are $50.99. That pretty much doesn't make sense to me...

Incredible Member

according to Amazon, the date for the upcoming Harbinger Deluxe Volume 2, is no longer listed for January 16, 2016, but is now set to be released October 8th, 2015!

Yeah I see now that the DH prices have jumped too. I got The Goon vol2 pre-ordered just in time. Got it for $28 and it's jumped up to $39 now. Still even the non-discounted prices are crazy. The Fatale books list at $66.50 while the Goon LE's are $50.99. That pretty much doesn't make sense to me...

Yea for sure, 66.50 is ridiculous, the first Fatale Book only contains what 286 pages or so? I am pretty sure the Marvel OHC's with similar page counts are still listing at 28-29 CAD but who knows they will probably jump up too... I also should have bought East of West Apoc as it now has jumped up to $50 cad after discount.

I also pre-ordered the Goon Vol 1 & 2 before they jumped. Ah well, what can you do when your only online buying options are Amazon.ca and Chapters and they seem to both follow the exact same pricing for most of these books...

I stand corrected, I just checked my Mind MGMT and it is indeed sewn. The squared spine block (like Image books deluxes) was deceptive. I agree that the Dark Horse editions are very sturdy for the price. The inflated prices for Fatale may be due to availability/demand but vol.2 should have 440 pages according to amazon, not 286 like v.1.

Incredible Member

I stand corrected, I just checked my Mind MGMT and it is indeed sewn. The squared spine block (like Image books deluxes) was deceptive. I agree that the Dark Horse editions are very sturdy for the price. The inflated prices for Fatale may be due to availability/demand but vol.2 should have 440 pages according to amazon, not 286 like v.1.
    For the record, a lot of comic prices on amazon have decreased their "discount". Or gotten rid of them completely. Not sure why some of them aren't 37% off anymore but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon enough, nothing to worry about!

Hi guys, I need your help...

http://www.amazon.com/Elephantmen-Ma...antmen+mammoth

Can you tell me something on this Elephantmen edition? Is it like a minicompendium or what? A spin-off, a miniseries, a new edition for the first volumes of the series? What is it?
    And also if there will be other volumes like this one on the way... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Hi guys, I need your help...

http://www.amazon.com/Elephantmen-Ma...antmen+mammoth

Can you tell me something on this Elephantmen edition? Is it like a minicompendium or what? A spin-off, a miniseries, a new edition for the first volumes of the series? What is it?
    And also if there will be other volumes like this one on the way... Thanks!
    Volume 1 - 1st printing. Collects Elephantmen (2006) #1-18, Elephantmen War Toys (2007 Image) #1-3, Elephantmen: War Toys - Yvette (2009 Image) and Elephantmen: War Toys - Agathe (2010 Image). Written by Richard Starkings and Joe Kelly. Art by Moritat. Cover by Nick Bradshaw. Collecting 18 issues of ELEPHANTMEN back-to-back in one big volume! Includes the WAR TOYS miniseries and one-shots! Softcover, 488 pages, full color. Cover price $29.99.

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    Volume 1 - 1st printing. Collects Elephantmen (2006) #1-18, Elephantmen War Toys (2007 Image) #1-3, Elephantmen: War Toys - Yvette (2009 Image) and Elephantmen: War Toys - Agathe (2010 Image). Written by Richard Starkings and Joe Kelly. Art by Moritat. Cover by Nick Bradshaw. Collecting 18 issues of ELEPHANTMEN back-to-back in one big volume! Includes the WAR TOYS miniseries and one-shots! Softcover, 488 pages, full color. Cover price $29.99.
    Thanks... so I have to think the "Mammoth" is a new kind of format. This volume was out 1 year go... when will we see a second one?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am currently loving Eddie Campbell's Bacchus, what's Alec about?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 09-10-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am currently loving Eddie Campbell's Bacchus, what's Alec about?
    They're semi-autobiographical comics about Campbell's life. Alec MacQuarry is Campbell's stand-in until he finally abandoned that conceit in the "After the Snooter" stories. Quite frankly, these are some of the most poignant, most beautiful, funniest, and most heartbreaking comics ever published. It's kinda hard to do them justice with mere words. I love Bacchus, but Alec is why Eddie Campbell is my favorite writer in comics and among my favorite writers in any medium.

If you love Bacchus, do yourself a favor and buy yourself Alec: The Years Have Pants. I don't know if Top Shelf is still having their yearly clearance sale, but Alec is a bargain at any price.