Page 413 of 865 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 12974

Didn't get any books for about 2 months, but then this week all these babies arrived

More Space Dumplins pics, please! Also Long Walk to Valhalla seems very interesting
    Last edited by Fuller; 09-11-2015 at 11:44 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Nice haul Martin! Waiting fir my Sweet Tooth to arrive soon too, very excited! Hiw's Long Walk to Valhalla? It really interests me but it seems a bit expensive for a less rhan 100 page regular hardcover.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Nice haul Martin! Waiting fir my Sweet Tooth to arrive soon too, very excited! Hiw's Long Walk to Valhalla? It really interests me but it seems a bit expensive for a less rhan 100 page regular hardcover.
    My Sweet Tooth copy will arrive next week too. Scalped deluxe 1-2 (I sold my tpbs) too.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Didn't get any books for about 2 months, but then this week all these babies arrived
    I'd already thought you'd given up on comics

Been thinking about upgrading Scalped and Sweet Tooth, also because I don't have complete sets of the TPBs yet. Is the paper any good? My main gripe with the Scalped TPBs is that the ink-heavy art doesn't work well on the cheap paper.

Valhalla does indeed look interesting. It's just a tac too expensive on Amazon atm: less than 100 pages for €20.

New this week:

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hiw's Long Walk to Valhalla? It really interests me but it seems a bit expensive for a less rhan 100 page regular hardcover.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I'd already thought you'd given up on comics

Been thinking about upgrading Scalped and Sweet Tooth, also because I don't have complete sets of the TPBs yet. Is the paper any good? My main gripe with the Scalped TPBs is that the ink-heavy art doesn't work well on the cheap paper.

Valhalla does indeed look interesting. It's just a tac too expensive on Amazon atm: less than 100 pages for €20.
    Well the thing about the Valhalla book is that it's not less than 100 pages! It actually has 144 pages (just counted them). That should make it a lot better price per page. Also it's an Archaia book, and very well done with sewn binding. I haven't read it yet, but you can read quite a few preview pages here (the pages on which I decided to buy it): http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...halla-preview/

As for upgrading... I think it's very worthwhile to do so. It's got the high quality matte paper that was used in more recent Vertigo deluxes, such as DMZ and Daytripper and also IIRC the same as Y (sold the set to get the Absolutes at some stage). The pages are nice and white and not like the yellowish paper used in the tpb's.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 09-12-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    They're semi-autobiographical comics about Campbell's life. Alec MacQuarry is Campbell's stand-in until he finally abandoned that conceit in the "After the Snooter" stories. Quite frankly, these are some of the most poignant, most beautiful, funniest, and most heartbreaking comics ever published. It's kinda hard to do them justice with mere words. I love Bacchus, but Alec is why Eddie Campbell is my favorite writer in comics and among my favorite writers in any medium.

If you love Bacchus, do yourself a favor and buy yourself Alec: The Years Have Pants. I don't know if Top Shelf is still having their yearly clearance sale, but Alec is a bargain at any price.
    I will, Christmas is coming. I had no clue what Bacchus was going to be like. I can see why Gaiman does a back cover blurb. I could never see what the book was going to be like by looking at random images. He's a great host to terrific storytelling, a bit like the Spirit, the Crypt Keeper, DC's Cain and Able, and of course Sandman. I think he kind of looked like the Goon so that's what I was expecting.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I will, Christmas is coming. I had no clue what Bacchus was going to be like. I can see why Gaiman does a back cover blurb. I could never see what the book was going to be like by looking at random images. He's a great host to terrific storytelling, a bit like the Spirit, the Crypt Keeper, DC's Cain and Able, and of course Sandman. I think he kind of looked like the Goon so that's what I was expecting.
    He's usually drunker than the Goon, but couldn't win a fight if his life depended on it. He really is more of a collector of stories than your traditional comic hero. Of course, there is some ridiculous action in the book, too, something that's really on display during the "Hermes vs the Eyeball Kid" stories, which is one of the best and most crazy battles I've ever seen in comics. Uh oh, Hermes got the Big Glove!

What's the quality like of images deleuxe hcs? Like the binding the paper quality and is there artwork on the covers of the b@ok under the dust jacket? Been waiting for wayward to come out in hc and just saw its comming out in October and its also overdosed! Haven't read it but it seems like its gonna be great. Any of you read it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    What's the quality like of images deleuxe hcs? Like the binding the paper quality and is there artwork on the covers of the b@ok under the dust jacket? Been waiting for wayward to come out in hc and just saw its comming out in October and its also overdosed! Haven't read it but it seems like its gonna be great. Any of you read it?
    there is no dust jacket and the quality is always different. Usually it's good paper with good binding but some books have quite crappy paper like East of West and a bit less stellar binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    there is no dust jacket and the quality is always different. Usually it's good paper with good binding but some books have quite crappy paper like East of West and a bit less stellar binding.
    Shocked about no dust jacket. I mean who does that? but still gonna get it. Thanks!

Have any of you read wayward? How many issues and is it over or still going?

Mighty Member

A few of the image books have dust jackets. Morning Glories and Sex Criminals come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    A few of the image books have dust jackets. Morning Glories and Sex Criminals come to mind.
    oh yeah, SC has a dust jacket, silly me. But mostly they don't have one.
    I prefer the no dj books in general, usually the dj-s are just too fragile and can easily get warped and ripped.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh yeah, SC has a dust jacket, silly me. But mostly they don't have one.
    I prefer the no dj books in general, usually the dj-s are just too fragile and can easily get warped and ripped.
    Yeah I don't like dust jackets. I usually take them off when reading a book. Just easier that way.