Page 416 of 865 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    That is an absolute bargain!

If you've not had a chance to read this series what a great book to get you into the world.
    I would love to but I'm afraid they're not gonna release other volumes after this one...

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the Image comics December solicitations:

CHEW OMNIVORE EDITION, VOL. 5 HC
    STORY: JOHN LAYMAN
    ART / COVER: ROB GUILLORY
    DECEMBER 2 / 296 PAGES / FC / M / $34.99
    This gorgeous oversized edition collects the ninth and tenth storylines of the New York Times bestselling, Harvey and multiple Eisner Award series, as well as the beloved one-shot CHEW: WARRIOR CHICKEN POYO.
    Collects CHEW #41-50 plus WARRIOR CHICKEN POYO

THE PRIVATE EYE: THE CLOUDBURST EDITION HC
    STORY: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
    ART: MARCOS MARTIN & MUNTSA VICENTE
    COVER: MARCOS MARTIN
    DECEMBER 2 / 304 PAGES / FC / M / 12 x 7.5 / $49.99
    THE EISNER AWARD-WINNING "BEST DIGITAL COMIC" IS FINALLY AVAILABLE IN PRINT!
    Because retailers, readers, and ROBERT KIRKMAN demanded it, the online sensation from PanelSyndicate.com's BRIAN K. VAUGHAN (SAGA, PAPER GIRLS) and MARCOS MARTIN (The Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange: The Oath) is finally coming to print with this gorgeous deluxe hardcover edition, presented in the story's original widescreen format!
    Years after the digital cloud "bursts" and exposes all of our worst secrets, THE PRIVATE EYE is set in an inevitable future where everyone has a secret identity. Following an unlicensed P.I. who is thrust into the most important case of his life, this sci-fi mystery explores the nature of privacy with frightening prescience.
    Collects THE PRIVATE EYE #1-10

REVIVAL, VOL. 3: DELUXE HC
    STORY: TIM SEELEY
    ART: MIKE NORTON
    COVER: MIKE NORTON & JENNY FRISON
    JANUARY 20 / 128 PAGES / FC / M / $34.99
    For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now, it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Officer Cypress must solve a brutal murder, and everyone, alive or undead, is a suspect. The sell-out hit series created by New York Times Bestselling author Tim Seeley and Eisner-winning artist Mike Norton is collected in this oversized hardcover featuring Revival #24-35, plus many behind-the-scenes bonuses and other features.
    Collects REVIVAL #12-17

THE WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS, VOL. 6 HC
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    DECEMBER 2 / 560 PAGES / BW / M / $100 / S & N EDITION $150
    This deluxe hardcover features 24 issues of the hit series, THE WALKING DEAD, along with the covers for the issues all in one massive, oversized slipcase volume.
    Collects THE WALKING DEAD #121-144

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    how is hat even possible? well. it seems like I'm done with this series then
    Later Kabuki is a very different book to early Kabuki. Mack basically gives up on any semblance of a plot and just goes nuts with the art. I still loved the later issues, but for very different reasons.

Amazing Member

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now, it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Officer Cypress must solve a brutal murder, and everyone, alive or undead, is a suspect. The sell-out hit series created by New York Times Bestselling author Tim Seeley and Eisner-winning artist Mike Norton is collected in this oversized hardcover featuring Revival #24-35, plus many behind-the-scenes bonuses and other features.
    Collects REVIVAL #12-17

I think something is wrong here..

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Are y'all crazy??? The b&w issues of Kabuki are the reason I almost didn't pick up the second TPB at the time. Artistically it's vastly inferior to the later volumes. Mack's painted artwork is a sight to behold, similar to Sienkiewicz and McKean. Beautiful, beautiful stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Later Kabuki is a very different book to early Kabuki. Mack basically gives up on any semblance of a plot and just goes nuts with the art. I still loved the later issues, but for very different reasons.
    see, this is my problem. I want to read a story and not just stare at the art. Honestly the plot in the last three issues could have been summed up in 5 pages, I could barely read it. Decompression is fine when you tell a story with it but it felt to me that McKean was just talking about the same thing over and over again, in slow mo.
    And I like his art, but if I'm reading a comicbook then I want some story as well.
    Yes the art in the early issues are mostly just serviceable but I kept reading because it was an engaging story.

see, this is my problem. I want to read a story and not just stare at the art. Honestly the plot in the last three issues could have been summed up in 5 pages, I could barely read it. Decompression is fine when you tell a story with it but it felt to me that McKean was just talking about the same thing over and over again, in slow mo.
    And I like his art, but if I'm reading a comicbook then I want some story as well.
    Yes the art in the early issues are mostly just serviceable but I kept reading because it was an engaging story.
    I think the b/w art in Circle of Blood is just astonishing. And story was beatiful as well. I'm sorry to read that in the rest of the stories there will be mostly this very "abstract" art, but I will keep buying the volumes... at least the second one, cause the first one was incredible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    Collects REVIVAL #12-17

I think something is wrong here..
    Lol yeah I noticed that "12-17" thing at the bottom as well, however I didn't notice until just now that the paragraph above says it'll collect 24-35.

Amazing Member

The 12-17 is for volume 3 of the TPB, not the OHC I think? But that doesn't really explain the 128 pages does it?
    I was really thinking about getting these deluxe editions, but if they are $35 for 128 pages I will skip..

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    The 12-17 is for volume 3 of the TPB, not the OHC I think? But that doesn't really explain the 128 pages does it?
    I was really thinking about getting these deluxe editions, but if they are $35 for 128 pages I will skip..
    It's just a typo. The volume is the third deluxe hardcover and collects issues 24-35

Spectacular Member

Thank you all for the different opinions on Kabuki!
    I need to the read the first volume ASAP, before the release of the second one to know if I'm gonna stick with the whole set. While I love amazing art, I tend to agree with Balakin: being bored and only stare at the art is not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Thank you all for the different opinions on Kabuki!
    I need to the read the first volume ASAP, before the release of the second one to know if I'm gonna stick with the whole set. While I love amazing art, I tend to agree with Balakin: being bored and only stare at the art is not my cup of tea.
    I don't think the later issues of Kabuki are boring at all, they're just very different from the earlier ones. It's a far more introspective book in those issues and the painted/collaged art really fits the tone of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I would love to but I'm afraid they're not gonna release other volumes after this one...
    That is a bit odd!

Incredible Member

Some Amazon fish!

Locke and Key Master Edition Volume 2:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Locke-Key-Maste...2461754&sr=1-3

Superman: The Atomic Age Sundays Volume 2 (1953-1956):
    http://www.amazon.ca/Superman-Atomic...2461754&sr=1-1

Bloodshot Classic Omnibus Volume 1:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Bloodshot-Class...+entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Some Amazon fish!

Locke and Key Master Edition Volume 2:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Locke-Key-Maste...2461754&sr=1-3

Superman: The Atomic Age Sundays Volume 2 (1953-1956):
    http://www.amazon.ca/Superman-Atomic...2461754&sr=1-1

Bloodshot Classic Omnibus Volume 1:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Bloodshot-Class...+entertainment
    Locke & Key, at last, I thought I was going to be left hanging after selling my regular HC's as I couldn't find any news on this.

Has anybody bought these valiant Omni's? I had pretty much all the valiant floppies many years ago but can't seem to pull the trigger on these, what has been released so far? Archer & Aarmstrong? Harbinger? X-O? How's the paper and binding?

Yeah... I was waiting for the the second volume of Locke & Key... Now I can buy the first one (although I think it's way too pricey...)