Page 42 of 865 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    are you aware that it won't have any speechbubbles? There was a discussion about this on the previous forum, I don't remember if you were a part of that so I thought I would mention it.
    I don't think I was, but yeah I realize they're just art books. Mignola's the only one I think I could bring myself to pay that much for one book.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I don't think I was, but yeah I realize they're just art books. Mignola's the only one I think I could bring myself to pay that much for one book.
    usually they have the bubbles, because the older comics had hand lettered pages but in case of HB (and 95% of modern comics) bubbles are added digitaly, so an art. ed. won't have those.

usually they have the bubbles, because the older comics had hand lettered pages but in case of HB (and 95% of modern comics) bubbles are added digitaly, so an art. ed. won't have those.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about it, buying it for the art. Just hope it doesn't take forever for Hellboy in Hell to get Library Editioned ( I know it will though).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

You know what, it seems so obvious but that never occurred to me. Ive never read Steranko's Fury before and figured since I love his art this would be like the ultimate way to experience it. I feel kinda stupid for not having thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    You know what, it seems so obvious but that never occurred to me. Ive never read Steranko's Fury before and figured since I love his art this would be like the ultimate way to experience it. I feel kinda stupid for not having thought of that.
    The Steranko art. ed. has the bubbles, if you are worried about that:
    http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...862.jpg?9098e0

I don't own any artist editions, just checkin pics and videos about them, but it seems to me that the Hellboy one is the first without any text and bubbles.

Spectacular Member

A quick feedback on Cheap-comics' package: impressive!
    Package insanely tapped together; no way of this getting opened or anything; Inside was a lot of newspaper and carton to protect every single book in the package. I got a free book even without the minimum price order so I immediately ordered HB Library 5 and Stray Bullet Uber (41€ which a good price considering its limited availability this side of the world).

So Image is going to publish AEs now as well: "The Walking Dead: All Out War", incl. #115-126, reproducing Adlard's pencils.

According to the article on BC, it'll be be printed at "full size on board pages". All 248 pages of it. But the price is supposedly $34.99. Now I know that this being a WD book, it'll sell more copies than all IDW AEs so far combined which should have a positive effect on the pricing. But still: I can't believe it'll be of a similar quality (and with almost twice as many pages) if it's just $35. But let's see.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...war-all-of-it/

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So Image is going to publish AEs now as well: "The Walking Dead: All Out War", incl. #115-126, reproducing Adlard's pencils.

According to the article on BC, it'll be be printed at "full size on board pages". All 248 pages of it. But the price is supposedly $34.99. Now I know that this being a WD book, it'll sell more copies than all IDW AEs so far combined which should have a positive effect on the pricing. But still: I can't believe it'll be of a similar quality (and with almost twice as many pages) if it's just $35. But let's see.

maybe it takes less effort to make the book because they don't have to scann 30 years old artwork in full colour, like in case of most of the IDW A.E.-s? If Adlard is drawing with a regular pencil the pages could be reproduced in greyscale, so it will be like a bigger edition of the DC unwrapped books.

Pretty hard to resist picking this book up, looking forward to it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Package insanely tapped together; no way of this getting opened or anything; Inside was a lot of newspaper and carton to protect every single book in the package. I got a free book even without the minimum price order so I immediately ordered HB Library 5 and Stray Bullet Uber (41€ which a good price considering its limited availability this side of the world).
    I've never ordered from them until earlier today. Thunderbolts ultimate Ellis collection for €12 and X-statix omnibus for €39.50 (!!!!). So good to hear
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Has anyone bought/seen the last of IDW's books on Alex Toth (Genius, Animated)? Amazon is releasing it in a couple of days and I'd like to know whether it comes with the slipcase for all three books or not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    I'll second this. I ordered from them last year and its was incredibly well packaged, the only place that has come close for me is Reed comics and the occasional (potentially over zealous) eBay private seller.

Incredible Member

The talk on the forums over there is that Adlard dosn't work to the same huge scale you'd expect from an IDW artist edition and it'll be closer to a deluxe sized book. But as with everything that comes from that site its all (both the book and the potential size of it) just a nonsense rumor until you hear otherwise.

All-New Member

Has IDW said anything about another Martini Edition for books 3 & 4? The Score and Slayground look so sad in comparison on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBaron View Post
    Has IDW said anything about another Martini Edition for books 3 & 4? The Score and Slayground look so sad in comparison on my shelf.
    Cooke said there will be a second Martini edition. Might take a while... Book 3 & 4 will not have enough content to fill another Martini edition, since some pages were already in the first edition.