Page 451 of 865 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Glued. It's a shame. Bermejo deserves better. But I don't regret buying it. Even if there is a deluxe later, I'm impatient.

Back from my 3-week vacation to Indonesia... sad since it was fantastic!!!, but time again to start buying and reading comics and commenting here....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Attachment 28217

In two days I've read the first volume and half of the second one... just lovin' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Still looking forward to receiving it, as you say it's looks like a great idea.

Going back to the quick exchange about 'Heartbreak Soup', I kept going but, similar to you, this isn't for me.

I started Peter Pan by Loisel, which I really enjoy!
    That looks like a fantastic book. Definitely should get that. I was hesitant about buying this softcover slipcase since it's well... softcover... but I should just get it. Is it the same size as the Dark Horse collections?

And good to hear another one that loves Loisel's Peter Pan. Is there anyone that doesn't like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    My haul for October. UW1 is one great looking book, no extras thou, story is very complicated but there are some stupid bits which can put you off: they' re still using radar in space etc. Still superb sci-fi stuff, bit of manga, would recommend.

Got myself Parker martini with New Frontier for signing, shame it's been cancelled. It's one hell of a book, I do understand why Martin loves it so much but in my opinion Sin City library is unbeatable.

Really good two Dredd books.

Saga! Will see what that series is about and does it deserve such a good reviews from you guys. Will be reading it in next couple days.

Told ya so about the Parker book Great edition you got btw. I'm thinking of getting this one as well, but the price is holding me back, especially since I already have the regular edition.

A couple years ago (yeah really), I did a review on the 9th blog about this fantastic Norwegian book called Munch, you know from the painting The Scream.

And finally it's getting a translation to English by SelfMadeHero! Seriously people put this on your "must buy" list!! Check the review I did here http://the9thblog.blogspot.nl/2013/1...verneland.html

And check the SelfMadeHero brochure for Spring 2016 here http://issuu.com/selfmadehero/docs/s...m_medium=email

Another book from their Spring roster I'll be looking forward to is Reinhard Kleist's An Olympic Dream. Kleist's book The Boxer was translated last year and definitely one of my favourites from 2014 reads. Then again most of the books they publish sound interesting to me.

Last edited by MartinNL; 11-07-2015 at 02:39 AM.

Got these books yesterday. Lone Sloane and Asterix are also available in English. Really looking forward to reading the Four Seasons book by Cyril Pedrosa, whom you might know from his book Three Shadows. Decided to go with the Dutch editions of Lone Sloane, since they are 14" tall!

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    REALLY! I LOVED TSUKIHIME! Tell more please.
    The main character in Wayward also sees a similar pattern to Shiki. And there are also monsters. Plenty. Its different but I definitely saw an influence that made me think of Tsukihime. You'll like wayward !

Also that Munch book looks aces! Thank you for the heads up.

Spectacular Member

I found a copy of absolute top 10 for 100 bucks new. Should I get it?

Latest.......

and such great value from marvel, with one of the smallest books being by far the most expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Latest.......

and such great value from marvel, with one of the smallest books being by far the most expensive
    My Invincible 10 and Sixth Gun 3 should arrive next week. Man, that Prometheus/Aliens books looks awesome. I'd love to get it - I'm a huge Aliens fan - but, damn, as many times as I've tried I cannot make it through Prometheus. It got to the point where I just read the synopsis on wikipedia and I still thought it was bad.

That said, do I need to be into Prometheus to enjoy that book?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My Invincible 10 and Sixth Gun 3 should arrive next week. Man, that Prometheus/Aliens books looks awesome. I'd love to get it - I'm a huge Aliens fan - but, damn, as many times as I've tried I cannot make it through Prometheus. It got to the point where I just read the synopsis on wikipedia and I still thought it was bad.

That said, do I need to be into Prometheus to enjoy that book?

to be honest, i didn't even know about it till last week or so, so i wasn't even sure what it collected (i was hoping for the early DH Alien/Pred stuff) so i have no idea what it is about, is it an ongoing series or just a Prometheus tie-in? like you a love Alien stuff and the fact it is a lovely library sized book and half the price of the puny Hawkeye omni, i just had to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    to be honest, i didn't even know about it till last week or so, so i wasn't even sure what it collected (i was hoping for the early DH Alien/Pred stuff) so i have no idea what it is about, is it an ongoing series or just a Prometheus tie-in? like you a love Alien stuff and the fact it is a lovely library sized book and half the price of the puny Hawkeye omni, i just had to buy
    It was a series of 4 loosely conected mini series by different teams. Comprising of Prometheus, Aliens, Predator and AvP titles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Collecting SHADOWMAN #11-16, the never-before reprinted SHADOWMAN #13X, SHADOWMAN: END TIMES #1-3 and PUNK MAMBO #0.

It'll definitely be the smallest of the Valiant Deluxes I believe

October haul.
    Everybody go and get Atomic Robo and Doc Savage! Support fun adventure books! (well, Doc is old material but I want more collections like this).
    I'm really in the mood for pulpy oldschool adventure stuff right now but might gonna read Bouncer next. My initial love for Jodo died down a bit now but recently watched a movie called Bone Tomahawk which is quite an unconventional western and I really liked it so Bouncer now is on the top of my read pile.

Incredible Member

According to Amazon, Nailbiter Murder Edition Volume 1 is now scheduled for March!