Page 455 of 865 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 12974

So I just started reading Prince Valiant (v6) and thought I should stop by and curse LordJulius for convincing me to let myself get sucked into a new vortex.
    So far this book is AWESOME! I expected much more old fashioned writing and less humor (even though it's not a comedy book there are some well placed, subtle gags). Also, the art is just amazing.
    Got Flash Gordon as well today, very handsome hardcover (Titan) really looking forward to that as well. Might pull the trigger on that Hogarth Tarzan collection too.

Folks, thanks for the response to my questions abut Godlands. I think I'm going to pass on it.
    It's kind of funny, sometimes when you ask a question you get a lot of pros and a lot of cons and few in-betweens (90s X-Men omnibus collections come to mind. LOL)

But with this one, it seems most every not kind of put it in the middle - almost an "eh, it's OK".
    Since there's so much great stuff out there, I don't want to put something like that on the back reading list.
    That said, it would have been nice of DC/Wildstorm to give us a nice Joe Casey Wildcats oversized collection (and an Alan Moore one as well)!
    Hell, how about a nice Alan Moore Supreme OHC collection (although I guess that's on Image rather than DC)

So I got my copy of Fear Agent Vol 1 Library Edition, and I'm pretty astonished by the quality overall. It's several steps above DC and Marvel's similarly priced stuff, which have been the only hardcover comic brands I've had personal experience with.

HOWEVER, the only complaint I have is that, after you get past the first signature of pages - which lay wonderfully flat - it doesn't lay flat again without the need for my hand on it until ~125 pages in. I guess the binding is just a little tight, though there is ZERO gutter loss. It will probably loosen a little over time. Regardless, I'm INCREDIBLY happy overall.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 11-11-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Pretty good stuff with Gainman.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So I just started reading Prince Valiant (v6) and thought I should stop by and curse LordJulius for convincing me to let myself get sucked into a new vortex.
    So far this book is AWESOME! I expected much more old fashioned writing and less humor (even though it's not a comedy book there are some well placed, subtle gags). Also, the art is just amazing.
    Got Flash Gordon as well today, very handsome hardcover (Titan) really looking forward to that as well. Might pull the trigger on that Hogarth Tarzan collection too.

http://youtu.be/FPQlXNH36mI

Got these ones in today...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

okay, maybe I'm under educated but can't remember ever hearing of Jonathan Case but his book gets published in ohc by DH while the Ba-Moon book, whos authors get buried under awards gets an undersized hc. Why DH, why?

Fantastic Member

Great haul, MartinNL! And what do you think about 2 brothers? Don't sure if I need to buy it.

And here is mine:

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

on the topic. Do you think I should go back to Prince Valiant vol 1 and catch up to vol6 (the only volume I have now) or just move forward with vol7?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Is Wastleland recommended? Something I keep meaning to try.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Was just about to ask the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Same here.

Another signing at Gosh, this time with Remender and Opena.Remender is a big lad, didn't expect that, sarcastic as well, but he was super cool, same Opena when I told him his art has blown my mind. Young, looks like he's in his 20's.

And I met fellow nerd in queue, had a chat, grabbed a pint of Guinness after signing, will see him - and his girlfriend - again at some point. Today was a good day.

And I bought The Last Days...shouldn't really have with Gosh price - 19 quid - but when I saw it I thought 'Let's give those guys some money, been on couple signings here'. And it doesn't hurt the book itself is beautiful.

Last edited by lvizzz; 11-13-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Oh, and Mark Millar on Twitter said it'd be slipcase edition with all four Kick Ass books, not hc's thou, tpbs. 50 bucks.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 11-13-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

shipping from cheap-comics arrived today, also some other stuff ir orderen through amazon (ice haven, from hell slipcase)
    sry for the poor quality

Spectacular Member

So I just got back from the Remender/Opena/Dalyrymple signing at Gosh!. Got Remender and Opena to both sign my Fear Agent Library Edition 1. I was actually quite surprised by the amount of people who brought omni's and stuff to sign. One guy had a suitcase with both Library editions and the Uncanny X-force Omni inside. Remender even noticed this, jokingly saying "oh man. again" when I came over with my Library edition.
    Considering he once people to drown in hobo piss or something, I was quite surprised by how nice Remender actually was. He got really taken back when I told him that I really enjoyed his Cap run and was sad to see him go. He said that he read quite a bit of negativity towards it cause he took a more Sci-fi route and coming after brubaker's run didnt exactly help. He was really grateful for my comment cause he honestly didn't think people really liked what he did. He also talked a bit about how he read Kirby's stuff to research the run and it had a big influence on him whilst writing (Kinda obvious). Opena was nice if a bit quiet. He just jokingly bickered with Rick a few times. I told him I really likes the way he draws the hulk and he said he hopes to get more chances to draw him in the future.

image1.jpg

Man, Remender's sig is tiny

EDIT: Didn't see lvizzz's post up there. Hey, that's not fair man! you got a drawing in yours..
    Last edited by Ben11345; 11-13-2015 at 03:17 PM.