Page 456 of 865 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    okay, maybe I'm under educated but can't remember ever hearing of Jonathan Case but his book gets published in ohc by DH while the Ba-Moon book, whos authors get buried under awards gets an undersized hc. Why DH, why?
    Jonathan Case is also the artist on The Green River Killer, and The Creep. Both books are also published with Dark Horse. I really like his style, but not sure if I like it more than Moon/Ba though. Both styles are quite different, but Case's art is worth it to be oversized. http://jonathancase.net

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Great haul, MartinNL! And what do you think about 2 brothers? Don't sure if I need to buy it.
    I really hope to read it this weekend and will come back here to post about it. But the premise sounds fascinating:

"Twin brothers Omar and Yaqub may share the same features, but they could not be more different from one another. And the possessive love of their mother, Zana, stirs the troubled waters between them even more. After a brutally violent exchange between the young boys, Yaqub, “the good son,” is sent from his home in Brazil to live with relatives in Lebanon, only to return five years later as a virtual stranger to the parents who bore him, his tensions with Omar unchanged. Family secrets engage the reader in this profoundly resonant story about identity, love, loss, deception, and the dissolution of blood ties.

Set in the port city of Manaus on the riverbanks of the Amazon, Two Brothers celebrates the vibrant life and diversity of Brazil. Based on a work by acclaimed novelist Milton Hatoum, Two Brothers is stunningly reimagined by the award-winning graphic novelists Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Is Wastleland recommended? Something I keep meaning to try.
    Still feeling lazy, so check what I wrote about it some time ago and remember it's a great b&w post-apocalyptic story.
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post659665

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    So I just got back from the Remender/Opena/Dalyrymple signing at Gosh!. Got Remender and Opena to both sign my Fear Agent Library Edition 1. I was actually quite surprised by the amount of people who brought omni's and stuff to sign. One guy had a suitcase with both Library editions and the Uncanny X-force Omni inside. Remender even noticed this, jokingly saying "oh man. again" when I came over with my Library edition.
    Considering he once people to drown in hobo piss or something, I was quite surprised by how nice Remender actually was. He got really taken back when I told him that I really enjoyed his Cap run and was sad to see him go. He said that he read quite a bit of negativity towards it cause he took a more Sci-fi route and coming after brubaker's run didnt exactly help. He was really grateful for my comment cause he honestly didn't think people really liked what he did. He also talked a bit about how he read Kirby's stuff to research the run and it had a big influence on him whilst writing (Kinda obvious). Opena was nice if a bit quiet. He just jokingly bickered with Rick a few times. I told him I really likes the way he draws the hulk and he said he hopes to get more chances to draw him in the future.

Attachment 28993

Man, Remender's sig is tiny

EDIT: Didn't see lvizzz's post up there. Hey, that's not fair man! you got a drawing in yours..

Somebody's got my nickname right, give this guy a beer!

Yeah, life sucks sometimes but you didn't have to carry my backpack today, thing was heavy. Also I had to start early shift from 5:30 at work to get to signing, didn't get half day off, and for me it's quite a journey, let's say 90 minutes each way. So yeah...

I've seen this guy with travel bag, that's a commitment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Is Wastleland recommended? Something I keep meaning to try.
    I think a bunch of people like it. But I didn't. I read the first book then promptly sold it

BANNED

Do you guys think Dark Horse will make a library edition out of Usagi Yojimbo? I'm simply curious, because the Special edition hardcovers, such as the 1st volume had only 900 prints printed with the signature, will they make a non special OHC version for regular people?

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Do you guys think Dark Horse will make a library edition out of Usagi Yojimbo? I'm simply curious, because the Special edition hardcovers, such as the 1st volume had only 900 prints printed with the signature, will they make a non special OHC version for regular people?
    Rest of them you can get easily, that first volume thou...500 quid or something.

BANNED

Yeah but if you can't get the 1st volume then whats the point you know. :b i saw volume 2 was going for 30$

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Somebody's got my nickname right, give this guy a beer!

Yeah, life sucks sometimes but you didn't have to carry my backpack today, thing was heavy. Also I had to start early shift from 5:30 at work to get to signing, didn't get half day off, and for me it's quite a journey, let's say 90 minutes each way. So yeah...

I've seen this guy with travel bag, that's a commitment.
    Jeez man, that must have sucked carrying around that all day. I can kind of sympathise though, I remember having to take the rising stars compendium and a whole bunch of comics to school one day for a JMS signing (not at my school, elsewhere). Whilst not as heavy as Fear agent, it certainly felt like a rock for 15 year old me who was used to carrying like two books and a can of coke all day!

You going to any of the other signings at Gosh! next week? I'm going to the Rios one on monday. I really wanted to go to the Kot signing on tuesday but I've accepted a late shift at work without realising and its too late to trade off now. I missed him last time as well, hopefully he comes back soon.

Awesome hauls all around, everyone.

Martin: enjoy Southern Bastards. Loving the series.
    Roland: bit disapointed by the latest Donald Duck book because it's basically only ten pagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

on the topic. Do you think I should go back to Prince Valiant vol 1 and catch up to vol6 (the only volume I have now) or just move forward with vol7?
    Well, I started with the same volume, but then I went back to vol. 1. Of course you could just continue witn the next one, but you'd miss out on five equally excellent books.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got these ones in today...

Can you do me a favor? Can you take a picture of the binding on Two Brothers and 2 Sisters (preferably while they're open about halfway)? I've been thinking about getting them, and I know that Dark Horse usually means excellent quality, but I'm wondering if the binding is good despite them not being their big library editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Jeez man, that must have sucked carrying around that all day. I can kind of sympathise though, I remember having to take the rising stars compendium and a whole bunch of comics to school one day for a JMS signing (not at my school, elsewhere). Whilst not as heavy as Fear agent, it certainly felt like a rock for 15 year old me who was used to carrying like two books and a can of coke all day!

You going to any of the other signings at Gosh! next week? I'm going to the Rios one on monday. I really wanted to go to the Kot signing on tuesday but I've accepted a late shift at work without realising and its too late to trade off now. I missed him last time as well, hopefully he comes back soon.
    Don't have time, would like to go for Kieron Gillen's in December but I'm not sure is it for his SW books or can you bring any other stuff of his.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Can you do me a favor? Can you take a picture of the binding on Two Brothers and 2 Sisters (preferably while they're open about halfway)? I've been thinking about getting them, and I know that Dark Horse usually means excellent quality, but I'm wondering if the binding is good despite them not being their big library editions.
    Sure no worries. I have yet to come across a Dark Horse hardcover of any size though that has crappy binding. All are sewn. 2 sister is very flexible as you can see below, and Two Brothers is a little stiffer, but still great.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Jonathan Case is also the artist on The Green River Killer, and The Creep. Both books are also published with Dark Horse. I really like his style, but not sure if I like it more than Moon/Ba though. Both styles are quite different, but Case's art is worth it to be oversized. http://jonathancase.net
    [/url]
    Haven't read Green riverk iller but loved the Creep. I have nothing against Case it just seems weird that they publish Ba and Moon in a pocketbook hc while Case, who is not as big of a name gets an ohc.
    But GRK and The Creep was undersized hc-s as well if I'm not mistaken. Even weirder then the sudden ohc release.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    shipping from cheap-comics arrived today, also some other stuff ir orderen through amazon (ice haven, from hell slipcase)
    sry for the poor quality

How is the From hell slipcase? Do you think it's worth it to upgrade from the trade?

New books. Speaking of "vortexes": Franquin was such a master of the medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Great haul, MartinNL! And what do you think about 2 brothers? Don't sure if I need to buy it.

And here is mine:
    Great haul, Roland!I hope the S.H.I.E.L.D. omnibus with Steranko cover?)
    Last edited by SmilingPirate; 11-14-2015 at 04:43 AM.