Page 468 of 865 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Started reading The Eternaut tonight. I'm just 35 pages in but man it is great! It's like a fantastic episode of the Twilight Zone. Has this been brought to the screen in any form? If not, why not? Some of the scenes even this early into the story just seem super well-suited for the big screen. I could imagine it being really creepy - maybe because I live in a "snowy" part of the world and I know how creepy even just normal snowy nights can be.
    Just a follow up to the above - what a pleasure it is to read a PA story in which the characters make smart, pragmatic decisions! I mean compared to the idiot parade of something like TWD (especially the TV series)...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Sorry, should've used a winking smiley.

But in all seriousness, I've met Britons who became quite upset at the notion that such a large part of their vocabulary is French. Can't imagine it to be any different in the US.

Back on topic: I'm tearing through both Gaston and Spirou atm. It's astounding how modern these stories seem, particularly if you know that some of them are from the 1950s.
    In America, we speak American. None of that Queen's English crap. And no Frenchy stuff either. We eat Freedom Fries! /s

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, that's an old one and one that doesn't get much recognition, but probably because Miller couldn't do with Spider-Man what he did with DD. most of the stories just aren't that good. There's also two versions of this book. I believe one is oversized and then the more rarer one isn't, and it has one of those odd "Miller" half dust jackets that was on the original DD omnibus books.
    I have the full dust jacket version and I believe it is oversized.

The half-dust jacket one is definitely the rarer version though.

All-New Member

Personally, I much prefer the half dust jacket versions that were done for the three Miller books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jpg View Post
    Personally, I much prefer the half dust jacket versions that were done for the three Miller books.
    The two Daredevil and one Elektra one are kind of interesting aesthetically with the color change and the interplay of the dust jacket with what's printed on the hardcover. There's really nothing interesting about the Spider-Man one though, and I actually like the font/logo they used for the book's title on the full dust jacket versus what they have on the actual hardcover for the half-dust jacket.

Spider-Man Half-Dust Jacket: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ixe04HVESy...0/IMG_1130.JPG

Spider-Man Full Dust Jacket: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71yd1oSN%2BaS.jpg

While I really like these classic strips, collecting them can screw up your shelf uniformity. The ones with normal dimensions are alright but every landscape format book is a different size even the ones from the same publisher. Flash Gordon, Rip Kirby, Eternaut and now Steve Canyon. They look weird on the shelf next to each other. I wonder how the The Private Eye will look
    Only solution is to get every book from each series so I will have some resemblance of shelf uniformity

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    While I really like these classic strips, collecting them can screw up your shelf uniformity. The ones with normal dimensions are alright but every landscape format book is a different size even the ones from the same publisher. Flash Gordon, Rip Kirby, Eternaut and now Steve Canyon. They look weird on the shelf next to each other. I wonder how the The Private Eye will look
    Only solution is to get every book from each series so I will have some resemblance of shelf uniformity
    pretty much why i got rid of my 300 HC, just looked too weird on the shelf

Fantastic Member

lol. Personally, I couldn't care less about "shelf uniformity." I'm perfectly happy to have books of different sizes and shapes all over the place - as long as the books are good. I'd certainly never get rid of a good book because it looked weird on the bookshelf...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    lol. Personally, I couldn't care less about "shelf uniformity." I'm perfectly happy to have books of different sizes and shapes all over the place - as long as the books are good. I'd certainly never get rid of a good book because it looked weird on the bookshelf...
    Same with me, but then again I have a Walt Simonson Alien Artist Edition and its hanging off the edge of the top of a Billy bookshelf.

WTF? Amazon Germany has Black Science Premiere in stock and I even received a shipping update mail saying it'll arrive Wednesday. Wasn't it Remender himself who said it's delayed until early next year???

Just checked: everyone else, Tfaw, CGN, ToW, Amazon.com etc, still has it down for February.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-07-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Incredible Member

WTF? Amazon Germany has Black Science Premiere in stock and I even received a shipping update mail saying it'll arrive Wednesday. Wasn't it Remender himself who said it's delayed until early next year???
    Maybe you're in the future and you don't realize it. If you are, please send us stock tips and let us know if we have personal time travel pods by then. Thank you.

Incredible Member

Just checked: everyone else, Tfaw, CGN, ToW, Amazon.com etc, still has it down for February.
    Well, hopefully this is a good sign that we are actually receiving it this month then!

Really weird. They even have a specific number of copies on their site. Atm it says "only 20 left in stock". Curious now if I'll get a shipping confirmation later tonight or tomorrow, and if so, what actually arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Maybe you're in the future and you don't realize it. If you are, please send us stock tips and let us know if we have personal time travel pods by then. Thank you.
    Yes. Time travel pods are all the rage here in February 2016��

Fantastic Member

Really weird. They even have a specific number of copies on their site. Atm it says "only 20 left in stock". Curious now if I'll get a shipping confirmation later tonight or tomorrow, and if so, what actually arrives.
    Bet you're about to receive the first volume of the TPB edition.