Page 470 of 865 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I thought Rat Queens was an Image book, their bindings have always been on the tight side.
    I have several image books and they are mostly okay or good but there is the odd quality dip sometimes.

So I finished the Goon LE yesterday and started reading the Rat Queens deluxe after that and then noticed the cover prices.
    IT'S THE SAME!
    We always say how good the DH LE's are with their price-quality ratio but holding the two books in my hand and realising they cost the same just shed a new light on this situation.
    The Goon has twice as many pages, awesome binding and paperstock and is almost absolute sized. Basically a perfect book, maybe the dj is a bit unnecessary.
    Rat Queens is "only" oversized, the binding is thigh and the paper is okay, feels nice but wavy as hell and has half as many pages.

At least the story in RQ looks good so far and most of the money goes to the creators AFAIK (but also Powell gets a nice chunk of the Goon money as well).

First impression: NOT a TPB

Size comparison:

It's only a couple of milimeters shorter than the Goon Library Edition, so almost Absolute-sized.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So I finished the Goon LE yesterday and started reading the Rat Queens deluxe after that and then noticed the cover prices.
    IT'S THE SAME!
    We always say how good the DH LE's are with their price-quality ratio but holding the two books in my hand and realising they cost the same just shed a new light on this situation.
    The Goon has twice as many pages, awesome binding and paperstock and is almost absolute sized. Basically a perfect book, maybe the dj is a bit unnecessary.
    Rat Queens is "only" oversized, the binding is thigh and the paper is okay, feels nice but wavy as hell and has half as many pages.

At least the story in RQ looks good so far and most of the money goes to the creators AFAIK (but also Powell gets a nice chunk of the Goon money as well).
    I had the same situation a month ago. I just bought the Alias omnibus for €50, which I considered to be a very good price. It arrived the same day as my Kabuki LE (€28) and suddenly I felt so mich less excitement. Kabuki was larger, thicker, had more extra's and the issue/price ratio was still better, even tough Kabuki was bought with 30% off retail and Alias with 50%. That's why I love DH, they're head and shoulders above the others with their LE's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I had the same situation a month ago. I just bought the Alias omnibus for €50, which I considered to be a very good price. It arrived the same day as my Kabuki LE (€28) and suddenly I felt so mich less excitement. Kabuki was larger, thicker, had more extra's and the issue/price ratio was still better, even tough Kabuki was bought with 30% off retail and Alias with 50%. That's why I love DH, they're head and shoulders above the others with their LE's.
    to be fair, both Alias and Rat queens are at least freakin' awesome reads, that eases the pain a bit.
    Almost finished with Rat Queens and loving it to bits. Engaging, funny and epic the action is well choreographed and the art is good as well. Also, female heroes kickin butt, drinkin, having sex and just all around being awesome.
    I'm in love.

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

dude is the tv show Grimm based of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    dude is the tv show Grimm based of this?
    no AFAIK Grimm was before this. This is about 4 female mercenaries in a fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IT'S THE SAME!

Yup. DH cannot be beat. Incredible quality at an incredible price.

So. Finally found some time to have a closer look at the Black Science Premiere HC.

- it's sewn, and opens up almost flat, with just a minimum of gutter loss on some pages (noticeable because of many splash pages), which isn't really a bother
    - it's oversized (see photos above), which is perfect for Scalera's art
    - there is no fore- or afterword or any other type of editorial text
    - the extras include a number of variant covers, quite a few character and concept sketches and the script for #1 - somewhat reminiscent of Dark Horse's Library editions, but overall nothing too exciting
    - paperstock could be a bit thicker (first batch of pages in my copy is a bit wavy), but it's still nowhere near as thin as what Marvel uses these days

All in all, 16 complete issues of stunning artwork in Absolute-format equals $50 well spent (and let's be honest: most of us won't 'go full retail' on this anyway. Never go 'full retail'.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So. Finally found some time to have a closer look at the Black Science Premiere HC.

- it's sewn, and opens up almost flat, with just a minimum of gutter loss on some pages (noticeable because of many splash pages), which isn't really a bother
    - it's oversized (see photos above), which is perfect for Scalera's art
    - there is no fore- or afterword or any other type of editorial text
    - the extras include a number of variant covers, quite a few character and concept sketches and the script for #1 - somewhat reminiscent of Dark Horse's Library editions, but overall nothing too exciting
    - paperstock could be a bit thicker (first batch of pages in my copy is a bit wavy), but it's still nowhere near as thin as what Marvel uses these days

All in all, 16 complete issues of stunning artwork in Absolute-format equals $50 well spent (and let's be honest: most of us won't 'go full retail' on this anyway. Never go 'full retail'.)
    I canNOT wait to get my copy
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Size comparison:

It's only a couple of milimeters shorter than the Goon Library Edition, so almost Absolute-sized.
    Wasn't it pushed back to february?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Wasn't it pushed back to february?
    Posted about this a couple of days ago: it was and on basically any site it still is. But I got an email from Amazon Germany two days ago saying it was going to be shipped the next day, and there it is.

Just checked and still no other Amazon has got it - not .co.uk, not .ca, not .com. Same on CGN, TfaW etc. etc. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Posted about this a couple of days ago: it was and on basically any site it still is. But I got an email from Amazon Germany two days ago saying it was going to be shipped the next day, and there it is.

Just checked and still no other Amazon has got it - not .co.uk, not .ca, not .com. Same on CGN, TfaW etc. etc. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I'm certainly not complaining.
    That's very strange. I don't wanna scare you but... maybe they pushed it back 'cause this copies got some problems? I don't know, just guessing

Fantastic Member

Size comparison:

Oh that looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    That's very strange. I don't wanna scare you but... maybe they pushed it back 'cause this copies got some problems? I don't know, just guessing
    Nah. Unlikely. Had a thorough look at it and there's nothing wrong at all (and even if, returns aren't an issue with Amazon). I rather think that someone botched the release date or that Amazon.de received a shipment they shouldn't have, at least not yet.