Page 473 of 865 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 12974

In April will see a deluxe edition for W+D

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Watch your tongues kids, uncle Walt's always watching

Btw, mr Simonson, is Ragnarok going to be an established amount of issues (if so, could you share that amount?) or are you not sure yet how long it will last?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Couple of new Image HC updates on Amazon:

The Wicked + The Divine: Year One - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1632157...6110_AA75_QL70

Lazarus: The Second Collection - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1632157...6110_AA75_QL70

Man i cannot wait for the W + D hardcover! How many tpbs will this be collecting 2 or 3??

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Some oversized awesomeness greeted me late Friday. Except for TWD, the rest were blind buys. And, folks, let me tell you that Ragnarok is bad ass! I was a little hesitant. I'm a big Simonson fan, but a lot of the old school creators - Byrne, Miller, Claremont, etc. haven't impressed me these past 10-15 years. Now, that said, this is Thor the way Thor should be. We're talking Simonson writing and drawing his version of the Dark Knight Returns with Thor! The book collects the first six issues of what looks like will be a series. Mycomicshop solicited issue 7 and at the end of this books it says it concludes "Book 1." I got sucked in immediately. I started reading Private Eye, which is great, too, by the way, and for the heck of it decided to read just one issue in Ragnarok. Yeah, right. I read it in one sit-in. I'll post some pics of just that book shortly.

Attachment 30024
    I just read Ragnarock and it's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    Man i cannot wait for the W + D hardcover! How many tpbs will this be collecting 2 or 3??
    2. Issues 1-11... and a lot of extras. Lazarus will cost more than the previous one...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    Well, heck. I'm delighted you liked it.

Thanks for taking the chance.

Best/Walter
    Ha ha, no problem! I loved your brief run drawing the Hulk a few years ago by the way! I also probably should have mentioned that I picked up the OHC of Star Slammers awhile back. I'd recommend that, too!

Anyhoo, some pics

DSC06463.jpg
    DSC06464.jpg

The artwork is pretty cool. I just opened to a random page. It's all good, though. Lot of sketches included as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30056[/ATTACH
    DSC06466.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

This Walter Simonson guy should totally write Thor next, IDW has found a new talent just like Kanye West introduced Paul Mccartney to us!

Dick Tracy vol5 hc just arrived and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It could be bigger like the Rip Kirby r Steve Canyon hc-s (also from IDW) but my biggest disappointment is the paperstock because it's glossy! It just doesn't feel right with the material and I love the nice matter papers these strip collections are usually printed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Oh my God simonson has been here the whole time!?
    Yeah, there's a number of creators who pop up from time to time. Personally, I think it's great. Simonson is on as is Roger Stern ( he was really shilling his Spider-Man omnibus collection - it was great), and Dan Slott come to mind. I feel bad to Slott sometimes because the trolls, who don't like change, go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    This Walter Simonson guy should totally write Thor next, IDW has found a new talent just like Kanye West introduced Paul Mccartney to us!
    If Aaron leaves, I'd certainly agree. His run on Thor in the 1980s was big, powerful and freakin' epic. But, again, check out Ragnarok. It's better than what Aaron's doing and I'm digging his run as well.

Yeah, there's a number of creators who pop up from time to time. Personally, I think it's great. Simonson is on as is Roger Stern ( he was really shilling his Spider-Man omnibus collection - it was great), and Dan Slott come to mind. I feel bad to Slott sometimes because the trolls, who don't like change, go after him.
    I met Dan a couple years ago at a convention and he gave me some insight into his Silver Surfer ongoing well before it came out ( I got him to sign my Superior Spider-Man OHC while he was at it :P). He's a good guy and doesn't deserve some of the shade thrown his way...but yeah..some people don't like change and just want to vent.

BANNED

If Aaron leaves, I'd certainly agree. His run on Thor in the 1980s was big, powerful and freakin' epic. But, again, check out Ragnarok. It's better than what Aaron's doing and I'm digging his run as well.
    Oh i'm very very very familiar with Simonson's Thor run. I was just acting like a dumb kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I met Dan a couple years ago at a convention and he gave me some insight into his Silver Surfer ongoing well before it came out ( I got him to sign my Superior Spider-Man OHC while he was at it :P). He's a good guy and doesn't deserve some of the shade thrown his way...but yeah..some people don't like change and just want to vent.
    Yeah, a buddy of mine met him and said he was a really nice guy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Oh i'm very very very familiar with Simonson's Thor run. I was just acting like a dumb kid.
    I know (the Kanye-McCartney remark gave it away), but you still made a good point.

Just finished Captain Easy vol2 and it's really good, especially considering these strips are 80 years old! :O
    I think it's similar to Tintin with a bit more emphasis on the light hearted adventure romp parts but not as idiotic as Popeye (well, haven't read too much Popeye but it's definitely more silly than this).
    I really liked how progressive it was with the portrayal of the female characters. Not so much with ethnicities unfortunately, but it's not outright racist just stereotypical.
    The book itself is weird, the cover is rough, there is no printed coat on it only on a small portion of the surface of the cover which makes the sides easily damageable. Otherwise really good binding, good paper and large format (even bigger than Popeye).
    Unfortunately there is some waster space on the pages but overall nice presentation other than the weir cover design.