Page 49 of 865 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Go these books this week. Finally Blast 4. Cannot wait to read. Based on volume 1-3 I just don't understand why this hasn't been picked for translation to English. Probably the best graphic novel I've read. Volume 4 is the final volume.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Got my Archer & Armstrong Deluxe Edition Volume 1 today! Came with the Annihilaton Omnibus and Bloodshot Deluxe Edition Volume 1!
    I'm reading Archer and Armstrong right now and loving it. I love the tone of it. I thought about getting Bloodshot but I heard it mixes a lot more in with Harbinger and I couldn't stand Harbinger. I don't think I even finished the Deluxe book before selling it. Hopefully, Valiant will keep the deluxes coming out regularly.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I'm reading Archer and Armstrong right now and loving it. I love the tone of it. I thought about getting Bloodshot but I heard it mixes a lot more in with Harbinger and I couldn't stand Harbinger. I don't think I even finished the Deluxe book before selling it. Hopefully, Valiant will keep the deluxes coming out regularly.
    I was thinking of buying the Archer and Armstrong and Harbinger ones, since those are the most acclaimed. What do you hate so much about Harbinger? Also, can you put some pics of the deluxe?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Go these books this week. Finally Blast 4. Cannot wait to read. Based on volume 1-3 I just don't understand why this hasn't been picked for translation to English. Probably the best graphic novel I've read. Volume 4 is the final volume.
    nice haul, dude! i've been wanting that shadow's treasure for a long time...
    formerly 'weeks'

Incredible Member

Harbinger Wars should be out in a couple months I believe, which is the Harbinger mini series and the last 3? issues of the Bloodshot and Harbinger Deluxes. Then Shadowman Deluxe Vol 1 is out near the end of the year! I would think Quantam and Woody would be getting one soon, especially since they just started a new series with Archer & Armstrong called The Delinquents. Rai, I think will most definitely get one next year just for that amazing art alone, and what else is there from Valiant? I've bought all the ones they've released so far.
    Last edited by TheTemp; 05-25-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Harbinger Wars should be out in a couple months I believe, which is the Harbinger mini series and the last 3? issues of the Bloodshot and Harbinger Deluxes. Then Shadowman Deluxe Vol 1 is out near the end of the year! I would think Quantam and Woody would be getting one soon, especially since they just started a new series with Archer & Armstrong called The Delinquents. Rai, I think will most definitely get one next year just for that amazing art alone, and what else is there from Valiant? I've bought all the ones they've released so far.
    X-O Manowar and Bloodshot just got one and I'm pretty sure a Unity one will be released soon. And I think Armor wars will also get a collection eventually like Harbinger wars
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    X-O Manowar and Bloodshot just got one and I'm pretty sure a Unity one will be released soon. And I think Armor wars will also get a collection eventually like Harbinger wars
    X-O Manowar was the first one! Came out November last year

X-O Manowar was the first one! Came out November last year
    I know! I think pretty much every serie will get one eventually up to the point where they can't afford it anymore (so when they reach Dark horse/IDW size)

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I was thinking of buying the Archer and Armstrong and Harbinger ones, since those are the most acclaimed. What do you hate so much about Harbinger? Also, can you put some pics of the deluxe?
    I thought harbginger had not only boring characters but unlikable ones. On top of that I thought the plot was generic and didn't go anywhere. The premise seemed interesting but never really developed. And the plot felt really bad to me with almost no interesting dialog. Just didn't do it for me. I really enjoyed X-O and archer though. I'm going we get vol 2 and 3 etc... of these books.

I thought harbginger had not only boring characters but unlikable ones. On top of that I thought the plot was generic and didn't go anywhere. The premise seemed interesting but never really developed. And the plot felt really bad to me with almost no interesting dialog. Just didn't do it for me. I really enjoyed X-O and archer though. I'm going we get vol 2 and 3 etc... of these books.
    Strange.. never heard anything but good things about it and the premise interests me a lot. I'll give it a shot and see if I'll continue from there. I might also pick up Bloodshot (X-O Manowar's premise doesn't interest me at all. I might pick it up someday but it simply doesn't interest me at all right now). And a Unity one when it comes

Fantastic Member

Those Valiant Deluxe Hardcovers look pretty good, im gonna definitely get the Unity and Rai ones when they come out. What really annoys me is the Valiant Masters series. I want to get Rai and Ninjak, but they are only 7 issues! It really doesnt make much sense to me to release such small hardcovers. Perhaps they wanted to test the market with something small, but I mean those series are pretty long and its not like they have to wait for the issues to come out to collect them. The price is ok, since I can find them pretty cheap, but I dont want to buy them and only have a few issues to read then have to wait a year or more for them to release the next volume. I wish they would have just put out larger collections. As it is ill probably wait until it gets closer to the second volumes coming out (or if it looks like they may start getting expensive/OOP).

Also, I can't remember who asked a few pages back about the Wasteland Apocalyptic Editions, but I received volume two (number one is still on the way) yesterday so I can post pics of it if you want.
    Last edited by johnsme; 05-25-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Does anyone keep a list of all that they own? I've been thinking of doing this in case I ever need it for insurance purposes, and just to gloat over my ever-growing collection?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Archer & Armstrong is pretty good for the first 8 chapters/issues, but I didn't like the last story-arc in The Faraway. Just got too silly....The book already had comedic elements, but The Faraway arc was a little too much for me. And I didn't like much of the subsequent issues, after that.

Although you hated Harbinger, you might want to get the Harbinger Wars deluxe book. In my opinion, it's the best thing the new version of Valiant has released. It's a solid storyline where a lot of major players come together. It's a cross-over between Harbinger and Bloodshot, and also brings some new characters into the fold.

The deluxe book of Harbinger Wars is coming out in a couple weeks (Early June).......CORRECTION: Amazon.com says June 10, but I looked at the Valiant Comics website and they have the release date set as May 28. Usually, the direct market release date is only a week ahead of Amazon and such, but this about a 2 weeks difference.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 05-25-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Archer & Armstrong is pretty good for the first 8 chapters/issues, but I didn't like the last story-arc in The Faraway. Just got too silly....The book already had comedic elements, but The Faraway arc was a little too much for me. And I didn't like much of the subsequent issues, after that.

Although you hated Harbinger, you might want to get the Harbinger Wars deluxe book. In my opinion, it's the best thing the new version of Valiant has released. It's a solid storyline where a lot of major players come together. It's a cross-over between Harbinger and Bloodshot, and also brings some new characters into the fold.

The deluxe book of Harbinger Wars is coming out in a couple weeks (Early June).......CORRECTION: Amazon.com says June 10, but I looked at the Valiant Comics website and they have the release date set as May 28. Usually, the direct market release date is only a week ahead of Amazon and such, but this about a 2 weeks difference.
    I'm interested in Bloodshot (ridiculous 90s name aside) so I may check it out with Harbinger Wars and see how that sits with me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Those Valiant Deluxe Hardcovers look pretty good, im gonna definitely get the Unity and Rai ones when they come out. What really annoys me is the Valiant Masters series. I want to get Rai and Ninjak, but they are only 7 issues! It really doesnt make much sense to me to release such small hardcovers. Perhaps they wanted to test the market with something small, but I mean those series are pretty long and its not like they have to wait for the issues to come out to collect them. The price is ok, since I can find them pretty cheap, but I dont want to buy them and only have a few issues to read then have to wait a year or more for them to release the next volume. I wish they would have just put out larger collections. As it is ill probably wait until it gets closer to the second volumes coming out (or if it looks like they may start getting expensive/OOP).

Also, I can't remember who asked a few pages back about the Wasteland Apocalyptic Editions, but I received volume two (number one is still on the way) yesterday so I can post pics of it if you want.
    That was me! Would love some pics! Also, if you don't mind, can you make a pic of it standing next to a library edition, absolute or dc omnibus? Gives me a good idea of how it will look on the shelf