Page 493 of 865 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 12974
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I'm not sure how you even bought it/got it on Amazon in the US. As far as what Amazon US shows me, the official Amazon listing is still pre-order until February 9, 2016. And unless I'm missing something, I don't even see a non-standard duplicate rogue entry for the product for people to re-sell the ones that erroneously were sold in Europe early.
    I don't know either, but I got it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Okay, here's some pics of what I was talking about earlier. Notice how the pages all bend in a crescent shape. There's about 1/4 of an inch gap because of this between the pages and the back and front covers. Also, the ripples didn't show up when I took pics, so I can't show you that. But this is bad enough:

20160119_164330.jpg

20160119_164220.jpg

20160119_163918.jpg
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

And here's pics of the text. The text in the word balloons are fine. But the text in the boxes are light and thin which makes it hard to read and sort of irritating:

20160119_164114.jpg

Incredible Member

Rick Remender himself said these copies are all misprints and shouldn't of been sold.

https://twitter.com/Remender/status/682013305028755456

"Yeah, if you get one of these before Feb it's a misprint and they owe you a new copy when the reprint hits. "

Get in contact with whoever your brought it from and demand a refund/new copy when the correct versions ship.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Rick Remender himself said these copies are all misprints and shouldn't of been sold.

https://twitter.com/Remender/status/682013305028755456

"Yeah, if you get one of these before Feb it's a misprint and they owe you a new copy when the reprint hits. "

Get in contact with whoever your brought it from and demand a refund/new copy when the correct versions ship.
    Already did

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    And here's pics of the text. The text in the word balloons are fine. But the text in the boxes are light and thin which makes it hard to read and sort of irritating:

20160119_164114.jpg
    I returned my copy too. The story is too good to settle for a flawed copy.

All-New Member

comment removed
    Last edited by briar; 01-20-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Incredible Member

So I found this on Amazon, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/161988...I1BB5RXAJ0OFOJ

A upcoming Deluxe edition Hardcover for the Sonic/Mega Man Worlds Collide crossover. However after checking the size dimensions on Amazon, it seems like it'll only be the size of a Marvel PHC. Not oversized...

I'm more than a little pissed off at Valiant right now.

So I got the Archer & Armstrong Classic Omnibus (being a massive fan of BWS, I had get it), and I shouldn't be surprised, but Valiant pulled the same bullshit with this book as they did with the XO omni.

The book is "oversized", but the art is not. There's just bigger borders around the art. To make things worse, the borders are black, making it distracting and rather garish. If they can't blow up the art like every other Omnibus does, then why make the book oversized?

That was a rhetorical question, as the obvious answer is so they can still give it a $100 cover price. But if they're cheaping out on the production of the art, they sure as shit aren't passing the savings to us. Furthermore, the "hardcover" is super cheap, about as half as thick or durable as most hardcovers, bending and warping pretty easily.

Does anyone know people at Valiant to complain? I don't like them getting away with this shit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

So I got the Archer & Armstrong Classic Omnibus (being a massive fan of BWS, I had get it), and I shouldn't be surprised, but Valiant pulled the same bullshit with this book as they did with the XO omni.

The book is "oversized", but the art is not. There's just bigger borders around the art. To make things worse, the borders are black, making it distracting and rather garish. If they can't blow up the art like every other Omnibus does, then why make the book oversized?

That was a rhetorical question, as the obvious answer is so they can still give it a $100 cover price. But if they're cheaping out on the production of the art, they sure as shit aren't passing the savings to us. Furthermore, the "hardcover" is super cheap, about as half as thick or durable as most hardcovers, bending and warping pretty easily.

Does anyone know people at Valiant to complain? I don't like them getting away with this shit.
    Damn shame.. Wonder if they're gonna do that with the Bloodshot Classic Omnibus as well.. Seems the Quantum and Woody Omnibus is the only one to get the oversized art treatment.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from Image comics April solicitations:

AIRBOY DELUXE HC
    STORY: JAMES ROBINSON
    ART: GREG HINKLE

APRIL 27 / 128 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99 

When acclaimed comics author JAMES ROBINSON (Starman, Fantastic Four) is hired to write a reboot of the 1940s action hero Airboy, he's reluctant to do another Golden Age reboot. But it's nothing that a drink can't fix. Then, after a night of debauchery with artist GREG HINKLE, Airboy himself appears and suddenly no one in this story has their life go according to plan. Read the whole unexpected miniseries, as well as bonus material and conceptual art from Greg and James.
    Collects AIRBOY #1-4

LAZARUS: THE SECOND COLLECTION
    STORY: GREG RUCKA
    ART / COVER: MICHAEL LARK

MAY 18 / 320 PAGES / FC / M / $39.99

Sixteen Families have gathered together in the exclusive luxury confines of Triton One to resolve the emerging conflict between Carlyle and Hock, and they've brought their Lazari with them. Deception and war go hand in hand, culminating in a final revelation that will truly change everything for Forever Carlyle.
    Collects LAZARUS #10-21

WE STAND ON GUARD DELUXE HC
    STORY: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

ART / COVER: STEVE SKROCE

MAY 4 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99

Set one hundred years in our future, WE STAND ON GUARD follows a heroic band of Canadian civilians turned freedom fighters who must defend their homeland from invasion by a technologically superior opponent... the United States of America.
    Collects WE STAND ON GUARD #1-6

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE BOOK ONE HC
    STORY: KIERON GILLEN

ART / COVER: JAMIE McKELVIE

APRIL 6 / 400 PAGES / FC / T / $39.99

KIERON GILLEN, JAMIE McKELVIE, and MATTHEW WILSON return with an Eisner Award-nominated modern fantasy where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. Revel in the opulence of this oversized hardback! Revel in it! 

Collects THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #1-11

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The HCs from Image comics April solicitations:

AIRBOY DELUXE HC
    STORY: JAMES ROBINSON
    ART: GREG HINKLE

APRIL 27 / 128 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99 

When acclaimed comics author JAMES ROBINSON (Starman, Fantastic Four) is hired to write a reboot of the 1940s action hero Airboy, he's reluctant to do another Golden Age reboot. But it's nothing that a drink can't fix. Then, after a night of debauchery with artist GREG HINKLE, Airboy himself appears and suddenly no one in this story has their life go according to plan. Read the whole unexpected miniseries, as well as bonus material and conceptual art from Greg and James.
    Collects AIRBOY #1-4

LAZARUS: THE SECOND COLLECTION
    STORY: GREG RUCKA
    ART / COVER: MICHAEL LARK

MAY 18 / 320 PAGES / FC / M / $39.99

Sixteen Families have gathered together in the exclusive luxury confines of Triton One to resolve the emerging conflict between Carlyle and Hock, and they've brought their Lazari with them. Deception and war go hand in hand, culminating in a final revelation that will truly change everything for Forever Carlyle.
    Collects LAZARUS #10-21

WE STAND ON GUARD DELUXE HC
    STORY: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

ART / COVER: STEVE SKROCE

MAY 4 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99

Set one hundred years in our future, WE STAND ON GUARD follows a heroic band of Canadian civilians turned freedom fighters who must defend their homeland from invasion by a technologically superior opponent... the United States of America.
    Collects WE STAND ON GUARD #1-6

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE BOOK ONE HC
    STORY: KIERON GILLEN

ART / COVER: JAMIE McKELVIE

APRIL 6 / 400 PAGES / FC / T / $39.99

KIERON GILLEN, JAMIE McKELVIE, and MATTHEW WILSON return with an Eisner Award-nominated modern fantasy where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. Revel in the opulence of this oversized hardback! Revel in it! 

Collects THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #1-11
    Wow, I'm buying all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Wow, I'm buying all of those.
    Second that. Though I have no clue what Airboy is..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

y'know, the degree of callous cynicism evident in releasing an oversize hardcover comic collection in which the only thing over-sized is the borders around the artwork is almost comical. "Enlarge the artwork!?? Oh screw that! It's a comic book...nobody cares about the artwork! They just want a bigger book to put on the shelf!" I can only assume whoever made that decision has a really awesome Snidely Whiplash moustache! lol...

And it's not like they can't make the art bigger to better fit the bigger pages. The cover art is blown up from the original - just do the same to the rest of the book. And if you really can't, don't make it an over-sized $100 book. Make it a $75 normal sized book, you greedy bastards.