Page 497 of 865 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Terry Moore has announced today on Twitter that we should expect Rachel Rasing omnis in similar size like those for SiP. Sweet! Love this guy's writing, so natural and simple, Echo is one great book, can't wait to read more stuff from Moore.
    great news! how i hoped this would happen

that reminds me, i simply must have SiP Kids in my collection as well.
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 01-22-2016 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Alan Moore's Crossed: 100 hardcover, ya or nay?

Terry Moore has announced today on Twitter that we should expect Rachel Rasing omnis in similar size like those for SiP. Sweet! Love this guy's writing, so natural and simple, Echo is one great book, can't wait to read more stuff from Moore.
    AWESOME! Gonna get it as soon as I can before it goes super oop like the SiP and Echo hc-s. Still have to get Echo, I just don't want to pay like 25 pounds for a 600 page tpb.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Alan Moore's Crossed: 100 hardcover, ya or nay?
    ya for the story, but don't know about this edition unless it is cheaper than the 6 comics themselves (no extra if i remember correctly?).
    If you haven't read it I must warn you that it is not easy to read because the characters speak a langage invented by Moore, but you will find all you need here (and much much more) https://theperiodicfable.wordpress.c...lary-glossary/, and be rewarded for your effort.
    Last edited by vark; 01-22-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    AWESOME! Gonna get it as soon as I can before it goes super oop like the SiP and Echo hc-s. Still have to get Echo, I just don't want to pay like 25 pounds for a 600 page tpb.
    Echo had been available in some places, I found mine in polish webstore, multiversum. Man would love to have SiP in HC....Get Echo, it's awesome.

cheap-comics.com still has the Echo HC in stock. A bit pricy, but ...

Echo had been available in some places, I found mine in polish webstore, multiversum. Man would love to have SiP in HC....Get Echo, it's awesome.
    can't even find an isbn for the hc...
    But I would get the tpb just waiting for a good deal.

It's question time again!!!
    Anybody has the Shadow vs Grendel hc? Or tpb? or what it is exactly?
    Cheap comics and amazon lists it as a hc but Wordery and other sites as well has it as a paperback. But same ISBN. So is it a paperback or a hardcover?
    it's a hc on DH-s website but when I copy the isbn to wordery it's a tpb But Wordery is selling it on amazon with the same isbn and it's a hc there I think I will risk it. I vaguely remember someone buying this book here? TomSlick maybe? Someone who didn't like Shadow Year one but really liked this.

Ha ha, you have got an incredible memory. Yes that was me.
    My copy of Shadow V Grendel is a hardcover. I really enjoyed this one but, you're right, I wasn't into Year One, which also by the way was hardcover but listed on some sites as a soft cover. (I'm a big Wagner fan, so I did want to like it but couldn't.)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha, you have got an incredible memory. Yes that was me.
    My copy of Shadow V Grendel is a hardcover. I really enjoyed this one but, you're right, I wasn't into Year One, which also by the way was hardcover but listed on some sites as a soft cover. (I'm a big Wagner fan, so I did want to like it but couldn't.)
    hahh, cool
    Definitely remember you not liking Y1 but that's just one of those books we have to agree to disagree (this and half of Morrison's bibliography). The Shadow Y1 book is a tpb, the one you have is a limited edition hc, Dynamite is always doing those, driving me crazy.
    Weirdly enough they released Zorro Y1 in 2 hc-s, not limited edition. Discovered it today...guess what I'm buying next :P
    But the Grendel-Shadow book is Dark Horse so that's why I'm confused. I think I will buy the book from wordery and if it's a regular tpb I will just complain because it is listed with a height of 27,8 cm on their site (tpb-s usually are 26cm in case you used to measure things in inches).

So I might loose all credibility here but started to read Vampirella archives volume 8 and found it similar to the EC library stuff (or at least Came the Dawn) but...well...better.
    It has Vampirella stories but it's also an anthology that published short horror-scifi stories and I actually quite like them so far. There is a certain amount of gore and nudity but the stories themselves are entertaining, obviously not academic level writing but it is good for what it is (which is mid seventies horrors with boobs and intestines).

Of course these are made a good 20-25 years after the EC stuff and I've only read a very few portion of those collections, I'm just surprised because I never thought I would prefer Vampirella.

Incredible Member

Amazon has put up the preorder for The Goon Library Edition Volume 4!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/150670...6110_AA75_QL70

Nice stuff

nicestuff.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Nice stuff

nicestuff.jpg
    what the heck are those two Busiek COnan books??

Colossal Conan... italian edition Same size and same contents of the american edition, but split in two volumes.

Do we know if the Nameless HC next month is oversized?