Page 5 of 865 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    I could look it up, but if you don't mind my asking, what is contained in that Colossal Conan mega-collection in the middle of that middle picture? Looks sweet.
    it's issues 0-50 of the kurt busiek and cary nord run and a bunch of extras. it's one of my favorite stories in comics, i originally had it in trades and when i saw the size of it, i had to have it. if you have any interest in conan, it's worth it.
    formerly 'weeks'

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    it's issues 0-50 of the kurt busiek and cary nord run and a bunch of extras. it's one of my favorite stories in comics, i originally had it in trades and when i saw the size of it, i had to have it. if you have any interest in conan, it's worth it.
    Thanks, James. I've read the Busiek issues in trade and thought they were great.

Fantastic Member

Goddamn weeks! One hell of an impressive collection of books!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Goddamn weeks! One hell of an impressive collection of books!
    thanks! if it wasn't from the influence of this community, i wouldn't have half as much stuff, haha.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Do yourself a favor and pull the trigger on the Fear agent books If you like sci-fi with a lot of pulp influence, don't hesitate.
    Also, HB and BPRD are awesome, but I'm not sure the BPRD hardcovers are omnibuses, I've never seen them called that by the publisher. Nevertheless, great stuff.
    I've seen them mentioned as Omnibus' while doing research so it just stuck in my head :3. I might pick up the 1st Fear Agent LE to get me started, but it's definitely on my short term buy list.

@James: That's a beautiful collection. Thanks for posting it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Those Fear Agent LE's look amazing. I recently found instocktrades, which I hope to order from this weekend. Cheapgraphicnovels looks really good as well except for the lack of a free shipping option, but as of now they have Powers Definitive 1 and BPRD Omnibus 2 in stock while IST doesn't so they're a good second option.
    I just got Fear agent LE 1 and it's awesome! My second best Indie collection, after The Sixth gun Deluxe (also recommended)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    In your opinion what are the pros and cons of having either the color reprints of EC comics that are focused on the various titles, as opposed to the black and white reprints which are focused on the artists? Im curious because I got Came the Dawn and it looks great. I enjoy the essays they include about the artists and the history/behind the scenes stuff. What am I missing with the color reprints?
    Well, for me both treatments have their advantages. My first exposure to the EC stuff was through a childhood friend of mine back in the early 80s who was a huge fan. He had some of the originals and a bunch of reprints. I fell in love with the garish coloring and I feel that's ultimately the way the artwork was intended to be presented. Otoh, I think it mostly looks pretty great in B&W too and I also like the background/historical write-ups in the fantagraphic books. In the EC Archives you get the full issues of the comics...the story quality is up and down but you get the letter pages and adverts and so forth and that's always entertaining to me (oh, not to mention you get the covers in the archives as well of course).
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 05-01-2014 at 05:34 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    I could look it up, but if you don't mind my asking, what is contained in that Colossal Conan mega-collection in the middle of that middle picture? Looks sweet.
    #1-#50 I thought
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Judging by another picture that was posted earlier it looks the exact same height as the Library Editions. So I'm guessing this new line of Stuff from Dark Horse must be their super oversized Omnibus editions. Right? It collects as many issues as an Oversized Omnibus, but it's as tall as a Library Edition. First Colossal Conan, now Big Damn Sin City is coming out and it's got even MORE pages then the Conan book!! Wonder what else Dark Horse is going to release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Judging by another picture that was posted earlier it looks the exact same height as the Library Editions. So I'm guessing this new line of Stuff from Dark Horse must be their super oversized Omnibus editions. Right? It collects as many issues as an Oversized Omnibus, but it's as tall as a Library Edition. First Colossal Conan, now Big Damn Sin City is coming out and it's got even MORE pages then the Conan book!! Wonder what else Dark Horse is going to release.
    hopefully more conan! and i REALLY want baltimore to eventually get an oversized collection.
    formerly 'weeks'

It has some fantastic stuff but I ended up selling mine. I didn't read it very often because I never wanted to get the ropes and pulley out so it mostly sat on the shelf. For me, some books are just too big.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    If I remember correctly it's even bigger than the library editions.

Incredible Member

Awesome collection, James!

Fantastic Member

Warren Ellis tweeted earlier that Vertigo informed him that Transmetrolpolitan would be released in 5 hardcovers in the "near future". That's all the info he had. Im assuming these will be in the deluxe format Vertigo has been using lately. Can't wait.

Incredible Member

Here it is cap! I knew I saw the pic somewhere, the Fear Agent Library Editions look to be the same height as the Colossal Conan.