Page 500 of 865 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Hey all!

Quick question on two series I'm considering getting atm: 100 bullets or BPDR plague of frogs.

Of course, considering the collected editions (even though some HCs are not always easily available), and although I'll get both series at some point, I want something with continuity right now so the series with a clear start and end would get the crown. I know that BPRD continues with 'hell on earth' but perhaps there's a clear ending for the plague of frogs run.
    I know I could find this online quickly but I'm afraid of getting spoiled reading too much about either series - and I know some of you will like to explain why they love one series of the other!

Thanks!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey all!

Quick question on two series I'm considering getting atm: 100 bullets or BPDR plague of frogs.

Of course, considering the collected editions (even though some HCs are not always easily available), and although I'll get both series at some point, I want something with continuity right now so the series with a clear start and end would get the crown. I know that BPRD continues with 'hell on earth' but perhaps there's a clear ending for the plague of frogs run.
    I know I could find this online quickly but I'm afraid of getting spoiled reading too much about either series - and I know some of you will like to explain why they love one series of the other!

Thanks!
    I haven't finished either series, but as far as collected editions, I'd say go for the BPRD volumes. Even as someone with a short attention span reading digitally, 100 Bullets reads better to me that way, especially on a large device or monitor. The heavy blacks on the glossy deluxe edition paper stock are annoying and the gutters are tight. Plague of Frogs has great binding, in both hard and softcover, although the latter might still be prone to loose pages with prolonged wear.

Fantastic Member

Just got my X-Statix Omnibus. It is great to re-read this amazing series. Milligan's plotless but fluent writing is such rare style of comic book writing. Camus meets Warhol meets X-genes!

Fantastic Member

I'm still trying to find it for less than 60 bucks! But I agree, it's fantastic.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey all!

Thanks!
    Well, BPRD is pretty oop at the moment so that may be a factor in your decision. Personally, I love the 100 Bullets deluxes, such a great series.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Well, BPRD is pretty oop at the moment so that may be a factor in your decision. Personally, I love the 100 Bullets deluxes, such a great series.
    Wow, BPRD is OOP?! When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Not exactly sure, it just kinda was one day. Vol 3 and 4 go for >70 on Amazon currently and it's very hard to get cheap copies of the others as well
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    like a year ago? Or more? I'm so glad I got them when they came out, bit weird that the HB LE-s are evergreen but with BPRD they went the DC route (hc then chunky paperbacks)

Just got my Archer & Armstrong omit and am enjoying it. Hopefully Valiant will continue with their classic Valiant omni line. I would bo fine with more than one a year.

I was never able to get a feel for how many copies of their XO omni were printed. Thinking it might be under 200 to the direct market. Just a curiousity - does anyone know?

100 bullets is also way OOP... vol 2 is going for crazy prices. I was lucky to get all of them last week for about 100 euros!

speaking of crazy prices, anybody collecting Hermes Press books?
    Gahd I wish they would go out of business and IDW or somebody could take over their licences cause these Phantom books cost an arm and leg and the quality is...hmmm....well, doesn't really justify the price.
    Guess this is how the X-men completionists feel when they realise they need that Inferno hardcover for their ohc line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    100 bullets is also way OOP... vol 2 is going for crazy prices. I was lucky to get all of them last week for about 100 euros!
    Really? Got mine 6 months ago for €90 total

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Really? Got mine 6 months ago for €90 total
    That's a great deal. In the US they sell the entire set of 5 book for about 200-250 bucks
    Last edited by Fuller; 01-28-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

I would recommend Plague of Frogs over 100 Bullets easily. I like both, but 100 Bullets is very unnaturally stretched out at several points in the run to make it 100 issues. That said, on the page, it's dueling artists Eduardo Risso and Guy Davis with top notch visual narratives.

I couldn't resist the temptation and got the Dutch edition two months ahead of the Fantagraphics edition