Page 502 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My collection is a mix of lots of different formats, because it is impossible to get everything in the same format. And I will quite frequently sell off "worse" formats for better ones, most recently selling my Gotham Central hardcovers in order to fund the impending Omnibus. I find the whole process ok-ish, it helps fund the the upgrade and it stops me having lots of multiple copies on the shelf but sometimes getting down the post office is haaaaard. Frequently I've just given copies away to friends because I know the resell value of the books just isn't worth my time (most recently I gave away the first 6 Sandman trades for nothing).
    This kind of goes handle in hand with my other post I started about how to choose in what format to buy.

For example I have the gotham central HCs and I don't plan on upgrading to the omnibus as I think the hc is the "best" format as they are easier to read than a big omni. I guess it's just personal preference. Unless the omni had oversized pages or better paper I think I prefer the hardcovers.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

So any final thoughts on Absolute Hard Traveling Heroes, I am debating this or the Dark Horse Panic out this week?

I picked up BOOM!'s Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book Archive hardcover that came out on Wednesday. It's a really nice package. Collects the Bogus Journey adaptation and complete Marvel series written and drawn by Evan Dorkin. It contains a new introduction by Dorkin, various extras in the back, and all of the letters pages. A very cool hardcover that was not on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    anybody ever get rid of all their trades in order to upgrade collection to HCs, deluxes, OHCs, and omnis? i'm considering doing this, just want to hear other's experience with it
    I did it with my walking dead trades. The only thing is the trades will probably only fund part of the upgrades to a better format. I think I sold the first 18 trades to upgrade to the walking dead omnibi. Pretty sure they only sold for a little less than $100 though. For me it wasn't a huge deal because I really just wanted to get rid of the trades and get a little money to put towards the hardcovers. I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my fables trades. I have mostly fixed the problem for me and only buy stuff in hardcovers now unless it is something I think won't ever see a hardcover release.

Mighty Member

In my experience sets of trades tend to sell much better. When I upgraded from trades to hc's for Y, DMZ, Scalped, etc I made almost enough to pay for the hc's of each respective series. Now with something like image I will buy the trades of series i like until a hc is released and then batch them together cause it's not really worth selling 2 or 3 trades of a series by themselves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    So any final thoughts on Absolute Hard Traveling Heroes, I am debating this or the Dark Horse Panic out this week?
    Unless you hate old comics buy it, everyone should own hard traveling heroes in some format and the Absolute is hands down the best reporduction currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I picked up BOOM!'s Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book Archive hardcover that came out on Wednesday. It's a really nice package. Collects the Bogus Journey adaptation and complete Marvel series written and drawn by Evan Dorkin. It contains a new introduction by Dorkin, various extras in the back, and all of the letters pages. A very cool hardcover that was not on my radar.
    I grew up hooked on these movies as a kid and the recent comic did pique my interest, I didnt realize it was already out in hardcover. Is it oversized? could you post some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Unless you hate old comics buy it, everyone should own hard traveling heroes in some format and the Absolute is hands down the best reporduction currently available.

I grew up hooked on these movies as a kid and the recent comic did pique my interest, I didnt realize it was already out in hardcover. Is it oversized? could you post some pictures?
    This collects the Marvel series from the 90s, not the current Boom series. It is not oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Haul for January. Alex Toth book is a beast!

Pretty good Dredd books, one is about Wally Squad and I just love stories about those guys: it's noir crime but with lots of humor and crazy ideas, Crazy Frank!!!! I'm digging stuff from 2000 AD, would like to read much more from tgem, shame so many books haven't been published in HC or are OOP. And have to watch documentary about them at some point.
    I am with you with Low Life, and IMO Rob Williams is the best 2000 AD writer at the moment (apart Pat Mills of course). I am a great fan of the ABC Warriors since more than 20 years but I was still blown away by Clint Langley's art, and it is one of my favourite run.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I am with you with Low Life, and IMO Rob Williams is the best 2000 AD writer at the moment (apart Pat Mills of course). I am a great fan of the ABC Warriors since more than 20 years but I was still blown away by Clint Langley's art, and it is one of my favourite run.
    Yeah, I'm planning to get more stuff from them, definitely ABC Warriors, books written by Pat Mills.

Miraclemen by Moore - should I get it? Is it good? And most important question: is there HC edition?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning to get more stuff from them, definitely ABC Warriors, books written by Pat Mills.

Miraclemen by Moore - should I get it? Is it good? And most important question: is there HC edition?
    Yes there are the three Miracleman HC reissued by Marvel the last two years (with tons of extra and a new coloring). I haven't double dipped for the time being as I own the original Eclipse paperbacks and I am waiting for an Omnibus (in my dreams it would be an absolute edition if it was not Marvel). IMO it is one of Moore's eighties masterpiece. Notice that it is not 2000 AD related.
    Last edited by vark; 01-30-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Recently purchased:

Have forgotten this one from my haul, because it sits in my backpack, reading it in public transport and on my breaks at work. Got it for 20 quid, so very happy with purchase, corners are a bit bent but I don't care.

£20? Daaaayum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Thanks for all the opinions on 100 Bullets and BPRD!

@MartinNL: looking forward to your thoughts on the book! in the same vein, I did the same with 'Two Brothers': got the French version a good two months in advance, in a great Absolute-sized version.
    I posted a little review on goodreads. Mild spoilers:

It's 2012 when Jack and his wife Patience are ecstatic when they find out Patience is expecting. Their faces look rather worried though. But this is a book by Daniel Clowes so what else could be expected? How will they be able to afford this baby? Patience is jobless and Jack's lousy excuse for a job doesn't pay much either. Fast forward a couple of months when Jack comes home to find his wife murdered on the floor. His world collapses and on top of that he is the main suspect too. When the police discover not the murderer, but that Jack couldn't have done it, they release him. Jack swears revenge... This is really where Jack's story starts.

We fast forward to 2029. Jack is still stuck in his thoughts about wanting to solve his wife's mysterious murder. His life has been stuck ever since 2012, but all of a sudden he finds a possible opportunity to not only find out whodunnit, but also to get both his wife back as well as his unborn child. A prostitute Jack got friendly with tells him she has a customer that knows how to travel in time. Back and forward to the past and future. Jack of course is skeptical, but the idea gives him hope. Will this help Jack discover who murdered his wife? And will he be able to prevent the murder from happening at all, so that he can grow old with his wife and child? And what else will he discover about himself and his wife's past.

I enjoyed reading this book very much. It's Clowes weirdness, the characters are funny, down to earth and melancholic. We get a sci-fi, a thriller and a love story all wrapped into one story, with those first two being quite unusual themes for Clowes. But he succeeds very well. This book is comics at its best!!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 01-30-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Looks like first DMX book is going slowly OOP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DMZ-Deluxe-H...5&keywords=dmz