Page 505 of 865 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    That looks really awesome Endsville. Thanks for posting those. I was just trying to find some pics last night. Really tempted to get this book.
    No problem, I'd definitely put it on the to-buy-somehow-someday list. Only got a few of these books by various publishers printing artwork at its original size but I'd have to say this is the best so far. Really looking forward to Graphitti Designs' The Dark Knight Returns next, which should still be due out next month, after seeing the quality of this and then there's too damn many similar books coming out this year from other publishers that somehow I'm gonna have to find a way to afford!

Has anyone ordered the Uncanny X-Men Vol 3 Omnibus? Should I wait for a better price or is the current price on Amazon the cheapest its gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Has anyone ordered the Uncanny X-Men Vol 3 Omnibus? Should I wait for a better price or is the current price on Amazon the cheapest its gonna go?
    You are in the US right?
    Generally speaking (since it's the general thread :P) amazon is rarely the best option, especially considering their lackluster packaging.
    Other americans might know better but AFAIK your best option is InStockTrades on release day when they usually have 50% off RRP on a lot of titles (Marvel omnis almost always get this discount).
    Oh, btw, forgot to reply in the other thread, check CGN (cheapgraphicnovels) for the Marvel omni clearance sales, I think that's where mtop2036 ordered the ASM omni.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You are in the US right?
    Generally speaking (since it's the general thread :P) amazon is rarely the best option, especially considering their lackluster packaging.
    Other americans might know better but AFAIK your best option is InStockTrades on release day when they usually have 50% off RRP on a lot of titles (Marvel omnis almost always get this discount).
    Oh, btw, forgot to reply in the other thread, check CGN (cheapgraphicnovels) for the Marvel omni clearance sales, I think that's where mtop2036 ordered the ASM omni.

instocktrades always has the best prices on new books, except when CGN is having a sale. however, it's still wise to shop the prices, considering CGN charges for shipping and IST does not (on orders over $50).

couple days ago i placed a huge order. had two windows open, one for ist and the other for cgn. i saved a decent amount of money ordering from ist. However, i will say cgn's search feature is light years ahead of ist.

Fantastic Member

Does anybody gat the Irredeemable premmier Vol.1 and/or Crimson Vol.1 and if yes, could you post some pictures please

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You are in the US right?
    Oh wow! Never thought of that. So it's best just to get the Omni on the date of it's release?

Also thanks for answering about the ASM omni, but I think he was talking about ASM vol 1. CGN's only had the Stern omni on clearance I believe.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If you're new to the Omni buying then yes, I'll re-emhpasize: Know what's coming, budget accordingly, buy the week of initial release. At IST that's Tue afternoon/Tue afternoon. IST updates their site approximately 3pm Eastern Time/2pm Central. Why is the time important? On a few rare instances Direct Covers are highly sought after and there have been instances where someone at 8pm Tue night didn't get a cover cause stock was already out.

Buy week of release. Also, IST has that optional 2% rolling discount if you buy consecutive weeks. I've sometimes gotten Omnis for 52% off due to this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Oh wow! Never thought of that. So it's best just to get the Omni on the date of it's release?

Also thanks for answering about the ASM omni, but I think he was talking about ASM vol 1. CGN's only had the Stern omni on clearance I believe.
    Yeah IST almost always has their marvel/dc omni's 50% off for the entire week of release. You're generally not gonna get a better price than this new unless you wait for clearance items which is always random and never guaranteed. Factor in their packaging and free shipping over $50 and they're a no brainer for most in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If you're new to the Omni buying then yes, I'll re-emhpasize: Know what's coming, budget accordingly, buy the week of initial release. At IST that's Tue afternoon/Tue afternoon. IST updates their site approximately 3pm Eastern Time/2pm Central. Why is the time important? On a few rare instances Direct Covers are highly sought after and there have been instances where someone at 8pm Tue night didn't get a cover cause stock was already out.

Buy week of release. Also, IST has that optional 2% rolling discount if you buy consecutive weeks. I've sometimes gotten Omnis for 52% off due to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah IST almost always has their marvel/dc omni's 50% off for the entire week of release. You're generally not gonna get a better price than this new unless you wait for clearance items which is always random and never guaranteed. Factor in their packaging and free shipping over $50 and they're a no brainer for most in the US
    Wow OK! I appreciate the help.

LukeBITW

Hi guys, new to this forum, been collecting now for a few years, and living in Australia prices are pretty crazy. There isn't much on eBay and other local websites such as Booktopia can charge $150 AUD or more for an omni. Ive tried Book depository but prices can still be a bit high especially when you consider sites like Instock Trades and they prices they offer.
    Are there any other Aussies here? Where do you guys buy your books? What are other good websites that offer good prices for international customers and what is the international shipping like on places like Instock trades.
    Thanks

Sorry I didnt see your post on that thread until now. But CGN had stern and ASM vol 1 omnis both on clearance for 50$. ASM is not on clearance anymore but imo 80$ is not a bad price for it at the moment. Although it is being reprinted in may so it will be cheaper than that on the release week.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Where have you seen two different spine designs?
    At my LCS. One book had "Lazarus The First Collection" down the spine while the other had "The First Collection: Lazarus" (or something to that effect).

Ah, ok. Good to know. I'll most likely just wait for the reprint.

Amazing Member

what's the consensus on selling hard to find, OOP print books?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBITW View Post
    Hi guys, new to this forum, been collecting now for a few years, and living in Australia prices are pretty crazy. There isn't much on eBay and other local websites such as Booktopia can charge $150 AUD or more for an omni. Ive tried Book depository but prices can still be a bit high especially when you consider sites like Instock Trades and they prices they offer.
    Are there any other Aussies here? Where do you guys buy your books? What are other good websites that offer good prices for international customers and what is the international shipping like on places like Instock trades.
    Thanks
    Hey, another fellow Australian here! Generally you're out of luck if it comes to Omni purchases since book depository is the cheapest. However there are some sources like:
    - booko.com.au which will check all the book websites and returns a list of the stores and prices. Kinda like the Google of books
    - comicsetc.com.au which is easily the cheapest comic book store in Australia since they try to sell at cover price but since the AUD is doing badly against the USD, they've had to raise prices
    - fishpond.com.au which is great for preorders since you can lock in prices around cover price but the only problem is they don't let you know when they charge or ship you your book, just have to make sure you have enough money on your credit card when you order. If you pay via PayPal, you'll be charged during the order.

A couple of years ago when the AUD was strong, it was easy to find books under cover price but the way it is now, if you can find the book for cover price then you've scored a good deal.