Page 507 of 865 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 12974
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    My LCS did not get the Black Science hardcover today. They said it was on their sheet for next week, delayed due to bad weather on the EC or something
    Yeah I noticed CGN had it pushed back to next week, but IST had it up when I ordered so I guess they got copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Finally, a close-up of a panel I really liked, a shot of some of the art unfortunately being lost to the gutter despite the really great binding and a page from Alan and the Sundered Veil, O'Neill's art accompanying Alan's text in the finished comic. The section previous to that, the Kevin O'Neill Gallery, was covers and unique art made for the Absolute Edition and other collections if you were wondering, which I think means that every piece of original art made for Volume 1 of this series is indeed collected in its entirety in this book. So here's hoping we'll see a Volume 2 and the rest after that! And maybe, following their Zenith Phase One Apex Edition, the good folk at 2000AD could collect O'Neill's glorious Nemesis the Warlock artwork if it isn't in the hands of fans, as most 2000AD artwork is.

Attachment 31991

Attachment 31992

Attachment 31993
    Thank for these pictures and review Endsville. can't wait to receive my copy

There is a dedicated thread on the forum here, http://community.comicbookresources....kstarter-etc-), but I will also post the info here as some of the perks feature collected edition of vol 1 of Providence. It is a Kevin O'Neill/Alan Moore/Avatar Kickstarter campaign launched two days ago (finishing the 17th of February but already funded) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...orio?ref=email

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    There is a dedicated thread on the forum here, http://community.comicbookresources....kstarter-etc-), but I will also post the info here as some of the perks feature collected edition of vol 1 of Providence. It is a Kevin O'Neill/Alan Moore/Avatar Kickstarter campaign launched two days ago (finishing the 17th of February but already funded) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...orio?ref=email
    Can't wait for Cinema Purgatorio. They are saying books will be shipped in April, so we won't have to wait long.

Arrived this week:

Also read The Tipping Point last night. Very nice anthology. As with every anthology some stories work better than others, but overall pretty good read. I loved the book for there was a nice mix of Western and manga writers/artists. Strongest works imo are Hanako's Fart by Taiyo Matsumoto for the funny first words and great art, The Awaking by Emmanuel Lepage for his intimate story and amazing art, John Cassaday's Huckleberry Friend also for the fantastic art and the excellent solution of a dilemma and finally Bastien Vives' The Child, or is it? Quite haunting that last one. I also loved Paul Pope's and Frederik Peeters' art a lot, but did't really see the point of their stories.

A couple of pages to show you why I'm so excited:

Paul Pope

John Cassaday

Emmanuel Lepage

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Also read The Tipping Point last night. Very nice anthology.
    Wow. Dammit, now I gotta buy that.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Really wish Dark Horse would release more of Hermann's work. I've adored everything they've put out from him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Seen it couple days ago and immediately though about you. You don't have to answer but did you order most expensive edition? Not sure should I get 65$ version, don't even know what Providence is but this shipping cost is stupid.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Seen it couple days ago and immediately though about you. You don't have to answer but did you order most expensive edition? Not sure should I get 65$ version, don't even know what Providence is but this shipping cost is stupid.
    Providence is the, so far, prequel to Neonomicon, a horror comic based on the Lovecraft mythos. By comparison to that Providence has been more slow-building so far but I personally think it'll be even better by the end. If you're uninterested in the Lovecraft mythos, though, then I wouldn't bother with that tier or the one below if you're thinking of pledging unless you really want those art prints. Looking at the comments of the page, I noticed vark asked if the highest tier will be possible to purchase after the Kickstarter has ended on the 17th if the 26 places aren't taken, so I'm guessing he's fighting against himself very hard not to buy the most expensive edition. :P Alas, I have no right to make fun because I went with the third highest tier to get a signed copy of the already limited alternate cover of Providence Act 1 to match my similarly limited Neonomicon hardcover like the mad fool that I am.
    Last edited by Endsville; 02-04-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Wow. Dammit, now I gotta buy that.
    You sure gotta!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Really wish Dark Horse would release more of Hermann's work. I've adored everything they've put out from him so far.
    Yeah I know right. His Station 16 was excellent, though his book before Old Pa Anderson wasn't very good to say the least. I wish DH would pick up the Jeremiah Omnibus collection. They made a bog mistake in only releasing such few copies of the first volume and then taking too long in between volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Also read The Tipping Point last night. Very nice anthology. As with every anthology some stories work better than others, but overall pretty good read. I loved the book for there was a nice mix of Western and manga writers/artists. Strongest works imo are Hanako's Fart by Taiyo Matsumoto for the funny first words and great art, The Awaking by Emmanuel Lepage for his intimate story and amazing art, John Cassaday's Huckleberry Friend also for the fantastic art and the excellent solution of a dilemma and finally Bastien Vives' The Child, or is it? Quite haunting that last one. I also loved Paul Pope's and Frederik Peeters' art a lot, but did't really see the point of their stories.
    Have you read any of Matsumoto's other work? If you haven't, his "Tekkon Kinkreet" and "Sunny" are definitely worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Have you read any of Matsumoto's other work? If you haven't, his "Tekkon Kinkreet" and "Sunny" are definitely worth checking out.
    No I haven't... I've always steered clear of Manga (are these considered manga's?). But I might have to check Matsumoto's books out based on this short story here.

Incredible Member

Latest. Had to go to two different comic shops for Black Science. First one didn't even have it, second one looked like they didn't have it but I thought I would ask and they had a huge box of them. Dude thought it was just a reorder because of what happened late last year with those misprinted ones. They actually had it cheaper than at Chapters online surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest. Had to go to two different comic shops for Black Science. First one didn't even have it, second one looked like they didn't have it but I thought I would ask and they had a huge box of them. Dude thought it was just a reorder because of what happened late last year with those misprinted ones. They actually had it cheaper than at Chapters online surprisingly.

Never heard of Black Science. Any good? (I'm assuming it is, if it's by Remender)