Page 509 of 865 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    ive been waiting forever to read rachel rising, hoping it would come out in an omni format, because thats how i first experienced echo (via a signed\alternate cover from his comicon booth). excited!
    Chances are we'll get edition similar to SiP slipcase.

So the Black Science hardcover is bigger than the other Image deluxe hardcovers? Saga/East of West/Lazarus/Glory/etc? Why would they do that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    So the Black Science hardcover is bigger than the other Image deluxe hardcovers? Saga/East of West/Lazarus/Glory/etc? Why would they do that?
    It's probably the creative team's choice, especially if the creative team has money on the line per their contracts with Image. They'll want to release the book in a format that they think will sell and will do the work the most justice, in line with whatever their Image contract says they can get produced. Southern Bastards was just standard sized HC. The "I Kill Giants" by Joe Kelly "Titan Edition" by Image was also larger-than-deluxe. Remender has Crawlspace and Fear Agent in bigger-than-deluxe format at Dark Horse. Maybe he wants his Image HCs to be the same.

Amazing Member

Would one of you fine folks who have the Black Science hardcover be able to take a picture of the spine next to the Fear Agent Library edition? I'm wondering if they're the same dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    Would one of you fine folks who have the Black Science hardcover be able to take a picture of the spine next to the Fear Agent Library edition? I'm wondering if they're the same dimensions?
    These are not my images but rather somebody's on a Facebook group I'm on, but here you go. It's compared to The Goon Library Edition Vol. 2 but that is the same size as Fear Agent except a little thinner due to having fewer pages.

Incredible Member

They did it because Dark Horse released Remender's Fear Agent in Library format, then Image released the Crawl Space Omnibus with the same dimensions, it collects a bunch of mini series I believe, and now they're collecting Black Science in the same format, as I'm sure/hoping they will do with Low when it gets to the Hardcover phase lol so as kodave said, I assume Remender has some sort of say in the format.

Incredible Member

Black Science and Crawl Space are the same size, but just a bit smaller than Fear Agent.

Incredible Member

Yeah I think Remender likes this larger format. It really works for his stuff since the art is so good in most of his books.

ugh that's lame, would've kept my tpb's if I knew that was the case

Incredible Member

ugh that's lame, would've kept my tpb's if I knew that was the case
    Why do you not like the larger-than-deluxe format?

Standard comics are roughly 6.5 x 10 inches, the "standard" deluxe is around 7.5 x 11, and these even larger ones are around 8 x 12 (according to Image; I believe that's the same as DC's Absolute Editions without including the slipcase; IDW's larger-than-deluxe books like the TMNT Ultimate Collections are 8.5 x 12; Dark Horse ones vary but are generally in this range or bigger). In terms of area, that's about a 27% increase from regular to standard deluxe. 48% increase from regular to large deluxe. But just about a 16% increase from standard deluxe to large deluxe.

The book is only 16 issues. I don't think the small size increase from standard deluxe to larger deluxe would make the book that much heavier or unwieldy to hold if that's your concern. It might make it a little more difficult to shelve if your bookshelves max out under 12 inches. It might also make it a little bit more difficult to transport around, but I don't really think the deluxe format books are the type publishers foresee people taking on vacation or on public transport as opposed to TPBs or digital. Cover price is $50 which is still a better value than some of Marvel's oversized offerings like the Hawkeye Omnibus, and on par with the pricing and size of the Young Avengers Omnibus.

I'm just being ocd. All my Image hardcovers are regular deluxe size (save for the two original Mage hardcovers that came out years ago) and I wanted to add Black Science to their shelf. Instead it will have to go on my Absolute shelf along with the TMNT Ultimate Collections, Stray Bullets hardcovers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Oh, if you've been following that site then you should check out this great essay on The Comics Journal if you get the chance about not only Providence but The Courtyard and Neonomicon too and some of Moore's other works that compare to them.
    Thanks for the links, seems really interesting, will read it as soon as I have finished issue #7.

Fantastic Member

I'm just being ocd. All my Image hardcovers are regular deluxe size (save for the two original Mage hardcovers that came out years ago) and I wanted to add Black Science to their shelf. Instead it will have to go on my Absolute shelf along with the TMNT Ultimate Collections, Stray Bullets hardcovers, etc.
    O don't worry. You just need to buy the Crawl space omnibus, The last days of american crime HC and the upcoming Deadly class hardcover and maybe even the two Fear agent lybrary editions, so Black science won't be alone there. See, piece of cake But seriously though, I know what you mean, these independant publishers don't have particular siza standart for their books and sometimes this leads to some little differences. And still, Image have other books in this big format, that you might be interested in, so take a look:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post18548
    Last edited by Kalitarix; 02-06-2016 at 05:48 AM.

What are your thoughts on Crossed series? I see very different opinions online.

Just traded Annihilation omni for Martha Washington slipcase, super happy about it, another Miller in my collection.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 02-06-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What are your thoughts on Crossed series? I see very different opinions online.
    Over the top sex, rape and violence all around. I enjoye the first series by Ennis, but felt it really could have stopped there. The follow on volumes were ok, but not nearly as good as the first. I stopped about vol 8 I think. I was hoping the series would end and I could put my OCD to rest knowing I had the whole series, but it didn't and I just stopped collecting it. It was a different writer for the most part I believe, and it just seemed like a struggle to add anything new to the series.
    Last edited by Cozzster; 02-06-2016 at 08:18 AM.