Page 510 of 865 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What are your thoughts on Crossed series? I see very different opinions online.

Just traded Annihilation omni for Martha Washington slipcase, super happy about it, another Miller in my collection.
    Have fun with the Martha Washington book. It's fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Have fun with the Martha Washington book. It's fantastic!!
    Thanks Martin, right now I'm thinking about trading some Marvel omnis for books I REALLY want to read and have in my collection rather than just have. All those X-Men omnis and OHC's, there's only nostalgia behind having them, nothing more. I'm not saying all X-Men is bad, love Dark Phoenix Saga, but right now I enjoy books like Usagi, Echo, stuff from 2000AD, comics for adults etc. rather than another story about Wolverine getting killed and getting back to life again and again and again.

Amazing Member

Huh, there are 2 different covers for the black science deluxe?

Thanks Martin, right now I'm thinking about trading some Marvel omnis for books I REALLY want to read and have in my collection rather than just have. All those X-Men omnis and OHC's, there's only nostalgia behind having them, nothing more. I'm not saying all X-Men is bad, love Dark Phoenix Saga, but right now I enjoy books like Usagi, Echo, stuff from 2000AD, comics for adults etc. rather than another story about Wolverine getting killed and getting back to life again and again and again.
    Excellent idea to buy what you think will really enjoy, rather than buying for completist sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    [IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12642564_10208239730461137_244930988337060053_n.jp g?oh=938d49a304e7860a0d813423ddee96ad&oe=573EF14A[/IMG
    [IMG]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/0DDCE06F-341C-4581-B92D-62DFE753405B_zpsoluca6ny.jpg[/IMG

Huh, there are 2 different covers for the black science deluxe?
    Probably to distinguish the new edition from the misprinted edition.

Just traded Annihilation omni for Martha Washington slipcase, super happy about it, another Miller in my collection.
    MW is a great book. I added the slipcase to my collection a few years ago and gave a friend my copy of the tpb

Gonna have a heart attack, found first HC of Akira for 20 quid. Only good condition but I don't give a damn.

Gonna have a heart attack, found first HC of Akira for 20 quid. Only good condition but I don't give a damn.
    good hunting for the rest! (probably. I assume they are quite oop).
    BTW if you want some quality hardcover manga I have 5 words for you: Mobile suit Gundam the Origin!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    good hunting for the rest! (probably. I assume they are quite oop).
    BTW if you want some quality hardcover manga I have 5 words for you: Mobile suit Gundam the Origin!
    Yeah, you can say that, second one costs around a grand.

It's on my wishlist, like 400 other books.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 02-06-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Yeah, you can say that, second one costs around a grand.

It's on my wishlist, like 400 other books.
    well, at least Gundam is not oop yet
    A grand is not even that horrible (still a lot), some of my oop wishlist items are over 200 hundred (Umbrella academy v1, Absolute promethea v1).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well, at least Gundam is not oop yet
    A grand is not even that horrible (still a lot), some of my oop wishlist items are over 200 hundred (Umbrella academy v1, Absolute promethea v1).
    A grand as a thousand dollars. One of the most expensive books I've seen but I remember some uber limited copy of From Hell for more than that. 200 is not that bad.

A grand as a thousand dollars. One of the most expensive books I've seen but I remember some uber limited copy of From Hell for more than that. 200 is not that bad.
    oops, my money related slang is not up to date apparently. That is a crazy amount of money.

Incredible Member

Damn. Black Science is so good. Only four issues in but I'm really enjoying it. The art is phenomenal in this format.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    O don't worry. You just need to buy the Crawl space omnibus, The last days of american crime HC and the upcoming Deadly class hardcover and maybe even the two Fear agent lybrary editions, so Black science won't be alone there. See, piece of cake But seriously though, I know what you mean, these independant publishers don't have particular siza standart for their books and sometimes this leads to some little differences. And still, Image have other books in this big format, that you might be interested in, so take a look:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post18548
    Never heard much of anything about Crawl Space...worth picking up?

The first volume by Ennis is excellent. None of the rest live up. There are two other Ennis arcs which are solid and probably the best of the rest, then a few David Lapham arcs that are good, but the rest are pretty crap, lazy wannabe shock value, lowest common denominator with none of the subtext that makes Crossed's extreme content worthwhile.

I've read four issues of Scalped and love it but why the hell isn't there issue numbers on the covers? Just a small number in the bottom corner so it doesn't affect the cover would be enough, don't know why they do it with some books. I like the paper too, makes a nice change from glossy and suits the art. Makes the imagery feel heavier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Never heard much of anything about Crawl Space...worth picking up?
    I bought it when it first came out and quickly sold it. Horror anthology series (although one particular story takes up at least a third of the book), not really my thing but gave it a shot cause it was Remender. Nice book and size for the price, just wasn't my cup of tea.