Page 511 of 865 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I bought it when it first came out and quickly sold it. Horror anthology series (although one particular story takes up at least a third of the book), not really my thing but gave it a shot cause it was Remender. Nice book and size for the price, just wasn't my cup of tea.
    same here, i though it was crap

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Never heard much of anything about Crawl Space...worth picking up?
    If you can find it for cheap and are a bit interested in horror stuff, I'd say pick it up.

It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but Remender is having fun with different kind of stories.

Recent purchases. Lots of Westerns and a couple of Angouleme winners/nominees:

...wish i could read french. Or italian. Or german. Dutch. Japanese whilst im at it.

So many comics ill never get to fully enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    ...wish i could read french. Or italian. Or german. Dutch. Japanese whilst im at it.

Do a French course... I'll probably do that this year too. So many BD that stay untranslated (yes even to Dutch or German) that I really want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

Well, I don't speak French either, but I started to read French comics anyway - because I just had to, for the same reasons you amd Martin mention. You'd be amazed how many English words are derived from French. That helps me a lot. I did do half a year of French in school about 25 years ago, but basically nothing remains from that time. Of course I also use a dictionary app, which was a bit tedious at first, but I need it less and less (remember that the images also help with understanding).

So with a course, like Martin suggests, a good grasp of especially learned English words and a decent dictionary app, it should work after a while - as long as you don't start with something by Jodorowsky.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 02-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

Any star wars fans out there?

I found this I didn't know it existed. I missed out on the dark empire trilogy hardcover and I won't pay 100+ plus for it.

This includes dark empire 1 and a bunch of other stories. Good prices on some new and used versions.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Luke.../dp/1595821511

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    Any star wars fans out there?

I found this I didn't know it existed. I missed out on the dark empire trilogy hardcover and I won't pay 100+ plus for it.

This includes dark empire 1 and a bunch of other stories. Good prices on some new and used versions.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Luke.../dp/1595821511
    If you're near a Barnes and Noble, they may have this in store for a clearance price of $35. I saw it about a week ago when I last stopped in.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    If you're near a Barnes and Noble, they may have this in store for a clearance price of $35. I saw it about a week ago when I last stopped in.

Im not but thanks for the heads up. Great value per page. I am a big Dark Horse SW fan as well so its right up my alley.

Incredible Member

I just finished Black Science. Wow. So good. It has everything you'd want in a great sci-if story - big ideas, crazy stuff and a strong human narrative, which in this case is about family and consequences. So good. And the art... It is an absolute pleasure to turn each page. I know 2016 has just started but I find it hard to believe I will read a better book this year.

All-New Member

Hey there, I've mostly lurked on these forums for a while now. I've slowly been collecting the Marvel Omnibus line, although obviously some are much harder to find than others. I have now started collecting some Image comic hardovers (Invincible Library Collection, Saga Book One). I just started collecting The Boys by Garth Ennis. I have the Definitive Edition, Volumes 1 & 2. 4 & 6 are easily available on Amazon at low prices, but Volumes 3 & 5 are virtually impossible to find. Any idea on why certain volumes go OOP when the rest of the series is available? Any idea where I could try to find them? They're not even on Ebay except for extremely high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I just finished Black Science. Wow. So good. It has everything you'd want in a great sci-if story - big ideas, crazy stuff and a strong human narrative, which in this case is about family and consequences. So good. And the art... It is an absolute pleasure to turn each page. I know 2016 has just started but I find it hard to believe I will read a better book this year.
    Glad to hear it, I look forward to this book, if it's half as good as Fear Agent I'm sure I'll love it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Glad to hear it, I look forward to this book, if it's half as good as Fear Agent I'm sure I'll love it
    FA and BS definitely share that Remender balls to the wall sensibility. It's more polished and I guess a bit more serious, but it's still fun.

Somebody asked me few pages ago how's ABC Warriors. It was all right, very straightforward, it's mostly about past of characters but art is stunning, and I'm not a big fan of digitalised art. It's not for everyone thou.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dames View Post
    Hey there, I've mostly lurked on these forums for a while now. I've slowly been collecting the Marvel Omnibus line, although obviously some are much harder to find than others. I have now started collecting some Image comic hardovers (Invincible Library Collection, Saga Book One). I just started collecting The Boys by Garth Ennis. I have the Definitive Edition, Volumes 1 & 2. 4 & 6 are easily available on Amazon at low prices, but Volumes 3 & 5 are virtually impossible to find. Any idea on why certain volumes go OOP when the rest of the series is available? Any idea where I could try to find them? They're not even on Ebay except for extremely high prices.
    I'm in a similar boat with The Boys (just missing volume 5). Noone can really tell you why some volumes go OOP quicker than others, I know with The Boys definitive editions Volume 1 and (maybe) Volume 2 got a reprint which explains why their so easy to come by.

As for where to buy the stickied introduction thread has a few ideas but when it comes to OoP books there is never any easy place to get them it just comes down to lots of looking and paitence.