Page 512 of 865 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    If you're near a Barnes and Noble, they may have this in store for a clearance price of $35. I saw it about a week ago when I last stopped in.
    Yeah, I saw if for about $30 as well. It's a beautiful looking book, but I'm not really interested in reading some of those older stories. It's certainly seems to be a great deal, tho.

I didn't like the Definite Edition of The Boys so I stuck with the tpb's. The slipcase version (of volume 1 at least) had paper that was so thin you could see through it and felt like you would tear it every time you turned the page.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Somebody asked me few pages ago how's ABC Warriors. It was all right, very straightforward, it's mostly about past of characters but art is stunning, and I'm not a big fan of digitalised art. It's not for everyone thou.
    That was me, cheers lvizzz!

Mighty Member

Ok, just got the black science hc in and I gotta vent. Glued binding, glued page block to cover, not even a head or tail ribbon for Christ sake! They really cheaped out on this one. I sure hope it's not a sign of things to come cause I was super stoked for deadly class and possibly low in this format. Remender's other image releases were sewn as I recall, not sure what the thought process here was. Disappointing to say the least.

Amazing Member

I just got a haul so big (2 big boxes) from IST, that I'm not so sure it'll fit into my car to get home from work.

It'll be a tight squeeze with a baby seat back there.

I'll open it when I get home and post pics of everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JakeJarmel; 02-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Ok, just got the black science hc in and I gotta vent. Glued binding, glued page block to cover, not even a head or tail ribbon for Christ sake! They really cheaped out on this one. I sure hope it's not a sign of things to come cause I was super stoked for deadly class and possibly low in this format. Remender's other image releases were sewn as I recall, not sure what the thought process here was. Disappointing to say the least.
    Maybe it was a rush job since they had to reprint?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

that's...disappointing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Maybe it was a rush job since they had to reprint?
    That's what I thought initially. Still, it got pushed back several months, and that was supposedly a result of light print with text. I know a couple people got the first printing on here maybe they can speak for the initial build. I'd honestly rather take the printing issues over an inferior build.

Spectacular Member

I really wish there was a collected edition resource whereby you just type in a single issue and then you get a list of all the collected editions that single issue is available in.

Anyone else think that would be helpful and does maybe it exist but I don't know about it? Wikipedia is helpful sometimes but it doesn't really have that function. Comicvine neither.

Spectacular Member

That's what I thought initially. Still, it got pushed back several months, and that was supposedly a result of light print with text. I know a couple people got the first printing on here maybe they can speak for the initial build. I'd honestly rather take the printing issues over an inferior build.
    In general image is kind of all over the place with build quality, my first invincible ohc and chew ohc were both sewn no glue, but all others have glue. I heard the saga and east of West had a sewn hybrid where its separate from the block or something while others are just glued to the block. I dont think this is new, theyre just inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    In general image is kind of all over the place with build quality, my first invincible ohc and chew ohc were both sewn no glue, but all others have glue. I heard the saga and east of West had a sewn hybrid where its separate from the block or something while others are just glued to the block. I dont think this is new, theyre just inconsistent.
    I think with Image it's up to the creator what gets the HC treatment and who they use. They may have people they have deals with or recommend but I think I read that its basically up to them how it gets printed, hence the inconsistency.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I really wish there was a collected edition resource whereby you just type in a single issue and then you get a list of all the collected editions that single issue is available in.

Anyone else think that would be helpful and does maybe it exist but I don't know about it? Wikipedia is helpful sometimes but it doesn't really have that function. Comicvine neither.
    leagueofcomicgeeks.com is an attempt at this.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I think with Image it's up to the creator what gets the HC treatment and who they use. They may have people they have deals with or recommend but I think I read that its basically up to them how it gets printed, hence the inconsistency.
    Do they also choose the printer? I've found that the Korean printed books have always been really good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Do they also choose the printer? I've found that the Korean printed books have always been really good quality.
    the cheapest quote wins.

sadly, quality wise the only books worth getting now seem to be DH and Absolutes

the Absolute books themselves are nice, but the slipcases are terrible quality.