Page 521 of 865 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Okay. So I finished Satellite Sam after weeks of trying. And I have to admit it did get better at the halfway mark. I enjoyed the last half. Would I read it again? I don't know. But I'm glad I liked it because it is such a nice collected edition. I think I'm on to some Scott Pilgrim next. I like to alternate with lighter fare after more dense stories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Received my copy of the Black Science Premiere Hardcover today. Now while it is obvious that it's glued and not sewn, in my opinion it's nowhere near as bad as some other people on this thread were claiming it to be. The gutter loss is minimal even on early pages, at least from what I've noticed. While I would've enjoyed it being sewn as it was originally intended to be, I have faith that second volume and further will all have that treatments, as long as there's no more printing errors. Worth the purchase for sure.
    Hey, some people think mcdonald's is the pinnacle of hamburgers.

This isn't really an "In my opinion..." issue. Thirteen years ago when I got back into buying collected editions, I didn't really mind tight glued binding either, because I didn't know any better. All I knew was that I had to strain to see all the art in New X-Men ohc, or read all the captions in Amazing Spider-man vol. 1 ohc. Now, of course, I know better, and that kind of stuff is not acceptable. Black Science hardcover is glued to the spine. Artwork gets significantly lost in the gutters throughout, and even captions get lost near the beginning/end. And we're all going to get screwed when the next printing comes out and the binding is back to being how it was in the recalled version, so this really wasn't worth the purchase except as a placeholder to then make you spend even more money to get a corrected version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I recently bought Incal, Before Incal, Final Incal as well as Metabarons. And IDK, should I worry about the sewing?

The pages comes across as a bit wobbly. It's as if they're stuck in a bend, a bit arched. It's possible to shut the covers, but if they're laying flat they don't close properly. My main worry is if I'll put them in a book case, that it'll stress the sewing.

Metabarons also had a couple of pages not properly cut (which I had to cut open), as well as being folded. I'm thinking of getting it replaced since seems easy enough to order more copies of it. But I'm not so sure the Incal books will be as easy, or if I'm able, to get them replaced.

Any ideas? Anyone who had similar experiences?

Attachment 32682
    Attachment 32683
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That's what my first printing of Black Science was doing. It's weird and I've never seen it before.
    Think there's any cause for worry?

I'm a bit bummed about the humanoid books since I've only read good things about Humanoids books, and the books themselves -I own- feels really nice otherwise. Great paper and a silk ribbon to use as a book mark.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Think there's any cause for worry?

I'm a bit bummed about the humanoid books since I've only read good things about Humanoids books, and the books themselves -I own- feels really nice otherwise. Great paper and a silk ribbon to use as a book mark.
    yeah really weird, none of my Humanoids books did that and I have like 17-20 (although I should get rid of a few)
    I would say definitely return Metabarons, that book is not properly produced, the others IDK, might just be the humidity. Worth a try though.

is Godzilla in Hell worth picking up?

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from Image's May solicitations:

CHRONICLES OF HATE, BOOK 2 HC
    STORY / ART / COVER: ADRIAN SMITH
    JUNE 22 / 112 PAGES / OVERSIZED / BW / M / $29.99
    An original hardcover graphic novel by internationally recognized painter ADRIAN SMITH! The story follows our hero who, evading the clutches of Tyrant, fled with one of the keys...

DEADLY CLASS, BOOK ONE HC
    STORY: RICK REMENDER
    ART / COVER: WES CRAIG
    JUNE 29 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99
    Collecting the first three arcs of REMENDER and CRAIG's twistedly humorous story of a group of damaged teens enrolled in a secret high school, training to become the world's greatest assassins.
    Presented in oversized hardcover format!
    Collects DEADLY CLASS #1-16

I'm glad I stopped at the first Deadly Class trade, now I can get the HC guilt free

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Hey, some people think mcdonald's is the pinnacle of hamburgers.

This isn't really an "In my opinion..." issue. Thirteen years ago when I got back into buying collected editions, I didn't really mind tight glued binding either, because I didn't know any better. All I knew was that I had to strain to see all the art in New X-Men ohc, or read all the captions in Amazing Spider-man vol. 1 ohc. Now, of course, I know better, and that kind of stuff is not acceptable. Black Science hardcover is glued to the spine. Artwork gets significantly lost in the gutters throughout, and even captions get lost near the beginning/end. And we're all going to get screwed when the next printing comes out and the binding is back to being how it was in the recalled version, so this really wasn't worth the purchase except as a placeholder to then make you spend even more money to get a corrected version.
    I believe that is "your opinion", which you are entitled to proclaim wherever you want. In my opinion, it's actually a great book build wise. Almost no gutter loss and nice heavy paper. It's very much on par with other quality deluxe releases.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I believe that is "your opinion", which you are entitled to proclaim wherever you want. In my opinion, it's actually a great book build wise. Almost no gutter loss and nice heavy paper. It's very much on par with other quality deluxe releases.
    But, as nice as it is, I do believe we can all agree, it could've and SHOULD'VE been as good as the original printing was meant to be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    This is pretty much my view too. But I don't think I'm going to convince anyone if they think differently. If people are willing to wait years for another copy that will appease their tastes, power to them. Me? I am very happy with my copy sitting on the shelf right now. It really does come down to one's opinion.

Latest. My first HC manga. I don't ever buy them since most are paperback, but HOTD is actually a nice hardcover. Regular trade size too, only a tad bit wider. Thick, heavy volume. Secret Identity, however, is probably the lightest deluxe I've bought in some time.

Fantastic Member

And some HCs from the BOOM! May solicitations:

ADVENTURE TIME MATHEMATICAL EDITION VOL. 7 HC
    *****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2016*****
    Retail Price: $24.99
    Writer: Ryan North
    Artist: Shelli Paroline & Braden Lamb
    Cover Design: Kelsey Dieterich
    Synopsis:
    This deluxe hardcover collects Adventure Time issues #30-34. Finn is about to fall headfirst into an adventure so intense, he’ll never remember it! He tries to take on the Mnemonoid only to wake up in the future with no recollection what has happened in the time jump! With his pals Jake, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline, Finn must remember how to beat this mean dude before he forgets everything else!

ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 5 ENCHIRIDION EDITION HC
    Retail Price: $49.99
    Writer: Ryan North
    Artists: Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb
    Cover Artist: Zachary Sterling
    Synopsis: Princess Bubblegum only wants what is best for her kingdom…most of the time. After an experiment of hers goes wrong, Ooo is under attack and this time, Finn and Jake won’t be able to help. Princess Bubblegum must stand up and fight her own creation, but with the help of Marceline and…Lemongrab? It shouldn’t be too hard to save the day, right? Collects Adventure Time issues #20-24 in a deluxe, leather-bound hardcover featuring a die-cut cover.

CRIMSON VOL. 2 HC
    *****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2016*****
    Retail Price: $34.99
    Writer: Brian Augustyn
    Artist: Humberto Ramos
    Cover Artist: Humberto Ramos
    Synopsis: Alex Elder's destiny is now! From Batman: Gotham by Gaslight's Brian Augustyn and Amazing Spider-Man's Humberto Ramos, return to the world of Crimson with the beloved final chapters to Alex Elder's ascension. Collecting issues 13-24, witness the conclusion to this visionary series with all the horror and fantasy imaginable. Presented for the first time ever in prestigious hardcover format, featuring a brand-new cover illustrated by Humberto Ramos.

HACKTIVIST VOL. 2 HC
    Retail Price: $29.99
    Writers: Alyssa Milano, Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing
    Artist: Marcus To
    Cover Artist: Marcus To
    Synopsis: Nate Graft and Edward Hiccox were the young, brilliant co-founders of the social networking company YourLife while secretly running ​.sve_urs3lf​, a hacker collective enabling revolutions around the globe. It’s been six months since Ed was killed by a drone on national television while fighting for freedom. It's been six months since Nate lost his company, his best friend, and his mission. Now in charge of the government organization VIGIL, the front line of America’s ongoing cyber operations, Nate has started to pick up the pieces of his life when the government comes under attack from a new breed of hacker… working under the name .sve_urs3lf. Collects the complete limited series.

IRREDEEMABLE PREMIER EDITION VOL. 2 HC
    Retail Price: $29.99
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artists: Peter Krause, Diego Barreto, Paul Azaceta, Emma Rios, Howard Chaykin
    Cover Design: Michelle Ankley
    Synopsis:
    We continue with collecting one of our most popular and critically acclaimed series, Irredeemable, into oversized, deluxe hardcovers. This volume collects issues #9-15 as well as the Irredeemable Special #1. The members of Paradigm continue their search for Modeus, The Plutonian’s nemesis, who they think may have the key to stopping the former superhero. But new players enter into the fray, some who may stand to gain with the destruction of The Plutonian. An apocalyptic superhero tale by the author of Empire and multiple Eisner Award winner Kingdom Come, Mark Waid! Includes the special issue featuring art from Paul Azaceta, Emma Rios, and Howard Chaykin.

Been reading The Boys 2 first definitive books by Ennis in last coupla days and liked it . Not the best Enis I've read, but it's there. I want vol 3 now!

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    This is pretty much my view too. But I don't think I'm going to convince anyone if they think differently. If people are willing to wait years for another copy that will appease their tastes, power to them. Me? I am very happy with my copy sitting on the shelf right now. It really does come down to one's opinion.

Latest. My first HC manga. I don't ever buy them since most are paperback, but HOTD is actually a nice hardcover. Regular trade size too, only a tad bit wider. Thick, heavy volume. Secret Identity, however, is probably the lightest deluxe I've bought in some time.

]
    It may be the lightest Pud, but it is an amazing book. Buisek is such a great writer he makes you care for Superman!

As for HOTD if the anime is anything to go by you are in for a gratuitously pervy ride mixed with a really dark story... but also really unnecessarily pervy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    It may be the lightest Pud, but it is an amazing book. Buisek is such a great writer he makes you care for Superman!

As for HOTD if the anime is anything to go by you are in for a gratuitously pervy ride mixed with a really dark story... but also really unnecessarily pervy.
    Tell me about it. As soon as I open the book, there's a centrefold spread on the inside of the dust cover. Yeah. The wife won't be impressed with this one haha. It's fun though. Definitely too pervy though.

I've read SI before and I agree it's great. I was just surprised at the paper stock and how light it was. Got to get rid of my TP now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post

HM, I might need to start reading manga