Page 525 of 865 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Jeez, I hope you didn't buy any of the add-ons on top of that, haha. But I hear you, Artist Edition-like books are going to put me on the street this year.
    Nope, no add-ons ... for the time being

I've finally found a Jonathan Hickman book that I actually like!

East of West is awesome. Just finished the first hardcover. It was slow going at first; I thought it was just another big idea and pretentious presentation book from Hickman, but then the Ranger was introduced and I all clicked.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Does anyone know if the Walking Dead Omnibuses are actually the size of the DC Absolute editions?

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

East of West is awesome. Just finished the first hardcover. It was slow going at first; I thought it was just another big idea and pretentious presentation book from Hickman, but then the Ranger was introduced and I all clicked.
    Ranger was probably my favourite part as well. Interestingly a friend of mine who usually have similar taste than me said he prefers Hickman's Avengers to EoW.
    Still, his avengers just consists of too many books so probably won't get them any time soon.

Incredible Member

Are there stories that are space based that aren't Star Wars? Maybe something like Firefly?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Ranger was probably my favourite part as well. Interestingly a friend of mine who usually have similar taste than me said he prefers Hickman's Avengers to EoW.
    Still, his avengers just consists of too many books so probably won't get them any time soon.
    I don't know how anyone can prefer Hickman's Avengers to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Does anyone know if the Walking Dead Omnibuses are actually the size of the DC Absolute editions?
    They are the dimension of a DC Absolute, with 24 issues collected.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

EoW is one of my favorite books right now. Top 5
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't know how anyone can prefer Hickman's Avengers to anything.

They are the dimension of a DC Absolute, with 24 issues collected.
    Thank you sir. I guess I'll stick with the OHCs. And welcome to the club on East of West. Currently the best series hands down (although his Avengers/Secret Wars story was a masterstroke).

Thank you sir. I guess I'll stick with the OHCs. And welcome to the club on East of West. Currently the best series hands down (although his Avengers/Secret Wars story was a masterstroke).
    I've only read what's been collected in OHC, so I have yet to read Time Runs Out and Secret Wars. Unless there is a huge uptick, I can't see it coming even close to a masterstroke.

I think the worst part of Hickman's Avengers is that it says "Avengers" on it. It might have worked better as a creator owned series, since he seemed to do everything he could to not actually write the Avengers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest haul:

I'm happy to have the complete Calvin and Hobbes in my collection. I'm reading few pages every evening and this is the most kind and nice comic book ever made.
    What did you think of the Gallery Edition for Usagi Yojimbo? I've been collecting the Saga Editions but I'm still on the fence about double-dipping for this awesomeness.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Are there stories that are space based that aren't Star Wars? Maybe something like Firefly?
    There are four Firefly/Serenity collected editions from Dark Horse Comics:

Serenity - Volume 1: Those Left Behind
    Serenity - Volume 2: Better Days and Other Stories
    Serenity - Volume 3: The Shepherd's Tale
    Serenity - Volume 4: Leaves on the Wind

Mighty Member

My v1 is a tad bit smaller, and the overall quality is unfortunately not quite as good

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Nexus by Mike Baron and Steve Rude. It's collected in five or six paperback digest sized omnibus from Dark Horse
    There is also Saga which is coming out currently, which definitely has a lot of space opera elements. It is the critical darling right now and most would recommend it.
    If you are an X-Men fan, I am a big fan of Ed Brubaker's Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. Fun stuff but requires quite a bit of context from other books.
    Also from Marvel, the cosmic series of books, predominantly by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, which include Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, a Guardians of the Galaxy solo series, War of Kings, and Thanos Imperative, among others.

Rick Remender's Fear Agent. It is available in two incredibly well-built Library Editions from Dark Horse. It is so good.
    Jim Starlin's Dreadstar. I'm not sure how available it is, but few told science fiction comics in the 20th century like Jim Starlin.

I've only read what's been collected in OHC, so I have yet to read Time Runs Out and Secret Wars. Unless there is a huge uptick, I can't see it coming even close to a masterstroke.

I think the worst part of Hickman's Avengers is that it says "Avengers" on it. It might have worked better as a creator owned series, since he seemed to do everything he could to not actually write the Avengers.
    Are you reading New Avengers and the Infinity event as well? Infinity was amazing IMO and New Avengers was consistently the better of the two sister titles. Idk, to each his own but I found it all genius in the end.

@awayne thanks for letting me know!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There are four Firefly/Serenity collected editions from Dark Horse Comics:

Serenity - Volume 1: Those Left Behind
    Serenity - Volume 2: Better Days and Other Stories
    Serenity - Volume 3: The Shepherd's Tale
    Serenity - Volume 4: Leaves on the Wind
    Anything that's an original story instead of being based on an established IP?