Page 527 of 865 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Actually an amazing book, bru and Phillips are perhaps my favorite tandem.
    Yeah, Brubaker is great. His worst work fo me was Captain America - I have only first omni - it was all right and had high standards for super hero book, but didn't deliver like Criminal, Incognito or Sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, Brubaker is great. His worst work fo me was Captain America - I have only first omni - it was all right and had high standards for super hero book, but didn't deliver like Criminal, Incognito or Sleeper.
    While Criminal and especially Sleeper are my favourites from him, I think his Cap is really good and held up really well after a reread too which some of the superhero books don't really do. The only book I was bored by from Brubaker was Immortal Iron Fist (and I really wanted to like it).

His Daredevil was pretty great. Picked right up where Bendis left off. And I know some people like to go after Bendis, but his DD was incredible.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    We are the same, you and me.

Cap is probably the only work from me I didn't care that much about.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I'd put Sleeper on top, then his other work and then Daredevil at the bottom. Still really enjoyable but not close to Bendis that it followed or his other work. It never had the cohesiveness that his other work had but still fun to read.

Waiting for an announcement of a hardcover containing all of The Fade Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    While Criminal and especially Sleeper are my favourites from him, I think his Cap is really good and held up really well after a reread too which some of the superhero books don't really do. The only book I was bored by from Brubaker was Immortal Iron Fist (and I really wanted to like it).
    I didn't enjoy his Daredevil to be honest but the Cap book is what got me into Cap and Brubaker's work.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I'm a huge Brubaker mark...I think all the majority of his work at Marvel is amazing (Captain America, Daredevil, Books of Doom and Iron Fist) with his only mediocre stuff being Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Men. He works much better with solo characters. And of couse all of his creator owned stuff has been brilliant in no small part thanks to Phillips and his other art collaborators. I aslo read that he was writing for the upcoming HBO show called Westworld which I thought looked pretty interesting in the teaser trailer. Unfortunately I also here it's been delayed so I hope that clears up.

Anyhoo, has Savage Dragon EVER been published in some nice editions? IIRC, the only collections out are black and white. Erik Larsen being on Spawn has also got me wanted some nice collected editions of the current run becuase the art looks stellar.

New this week.

Sadly, the Spirou book collects the last Franquin stories. But he sure as hell went out on a high note. QRN sur Bretzelburg and Bravo Les Brothers are among the top two or three funny books I've ever read. My gf kept saying "I've never heard you laugh so hard when reading a comic."

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    New this week.

Sadly, the Spirou book collects the last Franquin stories. But he sure as hell went out on a high note. QRN sur Bretzelburg and Bravo Les Brothers are among the top two or three funny books I've ever read. My gf kept saying "I've never heard you laugh so hard when reading a comic."
    Recently I realised I'm not really into funny books (sadly, Popeye didn't really appeal to me either, maybe later) but you keep praising Spirou and it makes me want to try it out. While there is no english hc the cinebook paperbacks are quite cheap and at least they are oversized.

Haul for this month, new Dredd books have arrived today, so they'd land in February.

Aquaman was enjoyable but nothing special, altthough Reims' art is amazing. Batman Earth One was okey-ish.

Got my hand on 30 Days of Nights slipcase, slipcase in not in very good condition but would do, I don't care that much like some people here when every small dinks is like a tragedy. What worries me is binding of books, you can hear pages crack when you flip thru albums, scarry. But my god, Templesmith's art in absolute size kills! So much evil and darkness. Same with Hellspawn but here binding is top notch.

Akira....Never been on my wishlist, it was random search, very low number and still can't believe I have 25 years old book for 20 quid. Now it's 'collect them all' mode.

ABC Warriors HC's 9 quid each with free delivery.

Art of Sean Philips with small bookplate and Art of Charlie Adlard signed.

And nothing from Marvel? Why? Because fuck Marvel!

And more

And those, have forgotten about them. Justice League wasn't as bad as I though it would be. First volume thou....

Incredible Member

Are American Western genre comics (cowboys, wild west, etc.) really popular in Europe? It seems like quite a few of you are buying non-American collected editions from that realm.

Must admit that 30 days is a thing of beauty, but I'm always scared the pages will fall out when I open it

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Must admit that 30 days is a thing of beauty, but I'm always scared the pages will fall out when I open it
    Yeah, binding is really awful in this edition.

BTW, wow, 96th copy of Akira! Congratulations! Do you want to collect all of them?

These Akira HCs are one of the most valuables books in my collection but I would like to upgrade them to the AP copies.