Page 530 of 865 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Say what?
    What did I hate on last time?
    Well, maybe a bit on the Green Lanter-Green Arrow absolute but come on!
    I love Annihilation and Conquest and GotG! I was crying in the cinema when Rocket got the big gun in the prison and started shooting!!!! I'm full of love!!!
    You know what? I am mistaken on that one. Apologies bud!! I got your name confused with the dude who has the hellboy avatar lol, not sure why.. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    You know what? I am mistaken on that one. Apologies bud!! I got your name confused with the dude who has the hellboy avatar lol, not sure why.. Sorry!
    no worries, people always say I'm a hater because I dislike a lot of popular stuff in media but they refuse to listen when I list the metric &>#@tons of stuff I actually like.
    I always felt like in this crowd I fall in the middle criticism wise. Not an unconditional fanboy but not really a hater.
    I think you are talking about Hellboydce.
    I would like to defend him and Ivizzz as well, they just have their preferences and have no patience for stuff that don't appeal to them. And the stuff they dislike happen to be mostly stuff other people like

I'm still for banning Balakin from the boards, just to set an example. Any mods around?

So what's wrong with healthy criticism and honest opinion? ..it can't be all awesomeness, not by a long shot
    Sure this thread should be about spines&bindings but if somebody has an opinion, bring it on, i won't call you a hater (err, well maybe for moebius art )

All-New Member

I am really interested in the hardcover versions of

Harley Quinn Vol. 1: Hot in the City (The New 52)
    Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Power Outage (The New 52)
    Harley Quinn Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab

However, does anyone think they will ever release an absolute, omnibus, or deluxe edition of these volumes grouped together in the near future? Would love to own a huge edition over separate volumes.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    So what's wrong with healthy criticism and honest opinion? ..it can't be all awesomeness, not by a long shot
    Sure this thread should be about spines&bindings but if somebody has an opinion, bring it on, i won't call you a hater (err, well maybe for moebius art )
    There's nothing wrong with a differing opinion....it's just a matter of having the right opinion, like me!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackybones View Post
    I am really interested in the hardcover versions of

Harley Quinn Vol. 1: Hot in the City (The New 52)
    Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Power Outage (The New 52)
    Harley Quinn Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab

However, does anyone think they will ever release an absolute, omnibus, or deluxe edition of these volumes grouped together in the near future? Would love to own a huge edition over separate volumes.
    It will probably happen eventually considering the popularity of the charecter and how good the sales have been on this title but It won't happen for at least another couple of years. The series is still on going with the same creative team and DC arn't very ...timely.. with putting out even normal sized collections. Oversized versions take even longer, for example the new 52 Swamp Thing series had its Snyder issues deluxed. That book came out in October 2015, Snyders last issue on the book came out in May 2013, thats almost a two and half year gap. So bearing that in mind if you interested then you can jump on board now or the wait is looking at being 2-3 years minimum for a bigger collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Annihilation is Marvel cosmic at its finest. You all are crazy
    If it's best I don't want to see how averange looks like. Or bad. Bought the omni because so many people here've been saying how awesome it is, and it was going OOP. As I said: it's terrible, mindless in a bad way.

Almost 600 pages in Sleeper and I LOVE this book. I don't believe I'm saying this but it might be better than Criminal.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Damn right!

Loved the whole Marvel Cosmic universe under DnA and I thought I'd give the Bendis GotG run a try ion MU and well... bring back the good old days!
    Agreed 100%
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    If it's best I don't want to see how averange looks like. Or bad. Bought the omni because so many people here've been saying how awesome it is, and it was going OOP. As I said: it's terrible, mindless in a bad way.

Almost 600 pages in Sleeper and I LOVE this book. I don't believe I'm saying this but it might be better than Criminal.
    At least we agree on Sleeper
    My favorite Brubaker/Phillips book. Just so intense
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

It's cool that you have such a strong opinion about it; it's just that I and many others out there don't share it. It's NOT terrible and mindless in a bad way, in fact it adds quite a bit to the cosmic lore that Marvel has currently so I'm not sure where "mindless" comes from. It's a cosmic super hero book so one should expect some Kirby crackle and fighting intertwined. To each his own though. I'm sure many would love to have that omni so be an omnibro and pawn it off! I bet you could get some nice loot out of it

And yes Sleeper is stellar. It's Brubaker and Phillips...how could it not be?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    New this week.

Sadly, the Spirou book collects the last Franquin stories. But he sure as hell went out on a high note. QRN sur Bretzelburg and Bravo Les Brothers are among the top two or three funny books I've ever read. My gf kept saying "I've never heard you laugh so hard when reading a comic."

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/A14391AD-FBC9-4AE4-9D03-9051D4BAD3C0_zpsn9j1uhbw.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/3DD5B51C-5BDF-4F07-8682-37D8C4A8347A_zpsyrk4w9dr.jpg[/IM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Have you seen the stand-alone volume they did of Bravo les Brothers a few years ago? It has the story rescanned and recoloured (which i suppose they're using in these new integrales as well) and all the original pages in facscimile with a lot of background information about the story. There's probably some overlap with the special features in the new integrales but if you love Bravo les Brothers (and who doesn't ) it's definitely worth checking out.
    Oh yes, I have. Been looking at it online for the past couple of days. However, whereas the other single story collections of that line are around €16-18 on Amazon.de, this one actually costs €32. And ordering it from a different site comes down to basically the same price if shipping is included. So for now I'm waiting for a price drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    It was the first of that line, so maybe it's OOP or very close to going OOP? There's also a Dutch edition, and that one seems to be OOP at the moment...
    Never bought any Spirou since it looked quite kiddy, but with you guys loving it so much I suppose I have to give it a try. Tomorrow there's a new hardcover collection starting in Dutch.

Do you know Aalto if those 'dossier uitgaven' editions, of which Bravo les Brothers is the first volume, are also collected in this new hardcover collection, or will it just be the stories (I've read the SSZ.be article)? What else is in the 'dossier uitgaven' and why should I get those (or not)?

So far, there have only been four books of the French edition that in NL are the "dossier uitgaven's" and I'm not sure if they are going to publish the whole series in that format. However, Bravo Brothers is one of the best Franquin Spirou books when it comes to art and humour.

The new Dutch collection, which collects two albums plus extras each, if I understand correctly, starts off chronologically with the earliest Franquin stories in the first volumes. I haven't got the first Integral (which collects 1 1/2 of the new Dutch books), but the art in there is a far cry from that of later albums. I have also found that the albums become funnier as the series progresses.

So: if you get the dossier's, you will get some of the best stories right away, but maybe only a few albums of the series. Whereas if you get the new edition, you might have to wait for vol. 2 or 3 until the art and stories become really good.

So far, there have only been four books of the French edition that in NL are the "dossier uitgaven's" and I'm not sure if they are going to publish the whole series in that format. However, Bravo Brothers is one of the best Franquin Spirou books when it comes to art and humour.

The new Dutch collection, which collects two albums plus extras each, if I understand correctly, starts off chronologically with the earliest Franquin stories in the first volumes. I haven't got the first Integral (which collects 1 1/2 of the new Dutch books), but the art in there is a far cry from that of later albums. I have also found that the albums become funnier as the series progresses.

So: if you get the dossier's, you will get some of the best stories right away, but maybe only a few albums of the series. Whereas if you get the new edition, you might have to wait for vol. 2 or 3 until the art and stories become really good.
    Thanks for all that... I'm sorry to inform you though that there have been 6 of those dossieruitgaven, both in Dutch and in French Vol. 5 is Vacances sans histoires, and vol. 6 is La Quick Super.

Looks like Dupuis is in a hurry to publish these new editions, since all 11 volumes will be published in 2016. Two volumes tomorrow and two more in April or May... oh my poor wallet, but at least I won't have to wait that long then till the really good stuff in volume 11.