Page 534 of 865 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 12974

New books:

"Tripoli" sounds immensely interesting. It recounts the story of the first ever foreign military expedition of the US back in 1805, when William Eaton led a group of marines and soldiers across the desert to Tripoli.

I am curious about this Gaston, is it an addendum from the Box set?

Just finished the Unity ohc from Valiant, typical excellent story (although why they would think Faith would be a good addition to the team is beyond me) but every time I turned a page the spine sounded like I was walking on gravel, does that mean the glued binding is giving way or the cover is not glued properly? This along with the poor wavy paper, grrrr, if only the stories weren't sold gold

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished the Unity ohc from Valiant, typical excellent story (although why they would think Faith would be a good addition to the team is beyond me) but every time I turned a page the spine sounded like I was walking on gravel, does that mean the glued binding is giving way or the cover is not glued properly? This along with the poor wavy paper, grrrr, if only the stories weren't sold gold
    Pretty much every valiant book I have that isnt that first group of #1 ohcs does this. Its a little annoying but they are all structurally sound. I used to haaaate the wavy paper, but as all the quality of all books goes down I guess I got used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I am curious about this Gaston, is it an addendum from the Box set?
    Yeah, it is. The box set forgot two strips and printed another one twice (weirdly, something similar happened in the French box set, afaik). Luckily the publisher stepped up immediately and printed this, which also includes other material they found in the meantime, some of which had never been printed in German before. And great costumer service, btw. I sent them an email with a screenshot of my invoice, and two days later it arrived, free of charge of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yeah, it is. The box set forgot two strips and printed another one twice (weirdly, something similar happened in the French box set, afaik). Luckily the publisher stepped up immediately and printed this, which also includes other material they found in the meantime, some of which had never been printed in German before. And great costumer service, btw. I sent them an email with a screenshot of my invoice, and two days later it arrived, free of charge of course.
    It is kind of a curse for this box set, but they are improving (15 strips were missing in the French box set)!

are we still on the glued binding version of Black Science with the bad gutter loss or has there been a 3rd printing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    are we still on the glued binding version of Black Science with the bad gutter loss or has there been a 3rd printing yet?
    Just curious, what books do you consider to be the standard in terms of build quality?

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Just curious, what books do you consider to be the standard in terms of build quality?
    I'm not that technical when it comes to binding, but I'm guessing something that is sewn as well as glued, and is able to lie flat when opened

Got the Usagi Yojimbo slipcase today, a thing of beauty. I'm going to read it and then re-read the saga volumes, can't think of much else that I could read a couple thousand pages worth in a row. Lone Wolf And Cub is probably the only other one I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Got the Usagi Yojimbo slipcase today, a thing of beauty. I'm going to read it and then re-read the saga volumes, can't think of much else that I could read a couple thousand pages worth in a row. Lone Wolf And Cub is probably the only other one I can think of.
    I've only read the first book in the slipcase but really liked it. Gonna continue at some point, just have t get in the mood. MY only problem with it that the paper feels a bit thin especially compared to other Fanta books I have. But, looking at the DH Usagi books I'm not sure it's necessarily a bad thing, those are really thick and take up so much shelf space.

I know where you're coming from. The saga volumes definitely have the better paper. Normally I wouldn't worry about space but considering there is the slipcase and 5 Dark Horse volumes so far it's got to be a factor lol.

I'm trying to decide on getting the next saga in the signed HC just to have the signature as it's a great series but then I'll have one volume that doesn't match. Not an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I know where you're coming from. The saga volumes definitely have the better paper. Normally I wouldn't worry about space but considering there is the slipcase and 5 Dark Horse volumes so far it's got to be a factor lol.

I'm trying to decide on getting the next saga in the signed HC just to have the signature as it's a great series but then I'll have one volume that doesn't match. Not an easy choice.
    I wouldn't break the tpb line. If it's the first or last volume, maybe but not in the middle.

Incredible Member

Latest. I just read The Hero. I thought it was a brisk but fun read. I enjoyed the art. Very much like Paul Pope lite. (Not surprising since Pope handpicked him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I wouldn't break the tpb line. If it's the first or last volume, maybe but not in the middle.
    If I find myself with a decent chunk of money and not much to buy I might get both versions of whatever the latest volume is. Considering the paperbacks are usually £12 I think that's a good compromise.