Page 536 of 865 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I might do German one day, I have the basics since I studied it for 10 years I just hated it so much I subconsciously refused to properly learn it.
    Lol, I had the same with German. Hated it in high school, especially because of the ridiculous grammar. But because it's such an easy language for Dutch people I have been buying some German books too lately and have been enjoying them lots! French omg, that is so difficult, but I have learning French sitting on my bucket list for a few years now, just so I can read the comics that interest me that have not been translated to Dutch, English or German...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Lol, I had the same with German. Hated it in high school, especially because of the ridiculous grammar. But because it's such an easy language for Dutch people I have been buying some German books too lately and have been enjoying them lots! French omg, that is so difficult, but I have learning French sitting on my bucket list for a few years now, just so I can read the comics that interest me that have not been translated to Dutch, English or German...
    hey martin, i am curious, what would be on your french reading list, like in the top3?

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    hey martin, i am curious, what would be on your french reading list, like in the top3?
    To be honest there isn't a whole lot that pops to mind, but I really want to read:
    1. Temudjin
    2. Lupus
    3. Dorian Gray
    4. Kililana Song (available in German though)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its the same thing, just a limited edition with a white cover and a signed mini print.
    Ah okay. 10CL

Fantastic Member

Sorry guys but I haven't seen anything about The Patience here. Is it good?! I'll have to wait for a 3-4 weeks until it will be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Sorry guys but I haven't seen anything about The Patience here. Is it good?! I'll have to wait for a 3-4 weeks until it will be delivered.
    Here you go... is what I wrote about the Dutch edition that was published in January on goodreads and on the 1000 books in 2016 thread

Warning there are some very mild spoilers!!

It's 2012 when Jack and his wife Patience are ecstatic when they find out Patience is expecting. Their faces look rather worried though. But this is a book by Daniel Clowes so what else could be expected? How will they be able to afford this baby? Patience is jobless and Jack's lousy excuse for a job doesn't pay much either. Fast forward a couple of months when Jack comes home to find his wife murdered on the floor. His world collapses and on top of that he is the main suspect too. When the police discover not the murderer, but that Jack couldn't have done it, they release him. Jack swears revenge... This is really where Jack's story starts.

We fast forward to 2029. Jack is still stuck in his thoughts about wanting to solve his wife's mysterious murder. His life has been stuck ever since 2012, but all of a sudden he finds a possible opportunity to not only find out whodunnit, but also to get both his wife back as well as his unborn child. A prostitute Jack got friendly with tells him she has a customer that knows how to travel in time. Back and forward to the past and future. Jack of course is skeptical, but the idea gives him hope. Will this help Jack discover who murdered his wife? And will he be able to prevent the murder from happening at all, so that he can grow old with his wife and child? And what else will he discover about himself and his wife's past.

End of mild spoilers...

I enjoyed reading this book very much. It's Clowes weirdness, the characters are funny, down to earth and melancholic. We get a sci-fi, a thriller and a love story all wrapped into one story, with those first two being quite unusual themes for Clowes. But he succeeds very well. This book is comics at its best!!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 03-14-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    To be honest there isn't a whole lot that pops to mind, but I really want to read:
    1. Temudjin
    2. Lupus
    3. Dorian Gray
    4. Kililana Song (available in German though)
    thanks martin. i just glanced over some bds at a comic shop today, but my school french wouldn't really get me through it, i suppose. not that there aren't enough english- or german-language comics in print, anyway...

Guys, guys, guys!

Guyssss!!!!!

Pre-orders for Rachel Rasing Black Cover omni start next Monday on Terry Moore's website. 90 $. Save some money or don't eat for a week. 750 copies only.

You frekkin' welcome you beautiful bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Guys, guys, guys!

Guyssss!!!!!

Pre-orders for Rachel Rasing Black Cover omni start next Monday on Terry Moore's website. 90 $. Save some money or don't eat for a week. 750 copies only.

Dang, I dont have the money to get one. Atleast theres gonna be another version comming out later. I wonder if the only difference is the cover. You picking up one ivizzz?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Dang, I dont have the money to get one. Atleast theres gonna be another version comming out later. I wonder if the only difference is the cover. You picking up one ivizzz?
    Would love to, but just found out my card has been declined - already sorted, my bank has issued me a new one but it may take up to 3 working days, sooo.

Also I don't know how much I'll get charged for shipping, if its another 90 bucks, I'll pass. That's why I don't get Bone collection, shipping to UK is like 100, don't remember.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Guys, guys, guys!

Guyssss!!!!!

Hope this gets distributed to online retailers like echo did. Love the story but I'm not paying $90 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Hope this gets distributed to online retailers like echo did. Love the story but I'm not paying $90 for it.
    Dosnt sound like its going to

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...xcept-belgium/

Although there will be a normal version of the omni comming out later on, hopefully the only difference is the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not this version, it's only available thru his website.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Dosnt sound like its going to

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...xcept-belgium/

Although there will be a normal version of the omni comming out later on, hopefully the only difference is the cover.
    Thanks for the link. I did realize this was such a special edition, think I'll wait for the latter, as being signed and numbered etc doesn't really matter to me.

Agh, reeeeally wanna get it but shipping is gonna cost almost as much as the book