Page 546 of 865 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 12974

I just got Lone Sloane. Content of course is great, but I'm disappointed that Titan used glue binding; do they do this with all their hardcovers?!

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

bummer i really wanted to get into skullkickers but just kept putting it off. i recently finished vol 1 of rat queens and thought it'd be kinda the same thing so i wanted to pick up all 3 vols. sucks.. maybe it'll get a reprint?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

btw not sure if this has been posted already? pretty excited about it though. i read the first trade and loved it. hopefully the build quality turns out better than black science

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Class-D...N6R1GV73XC37GC

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    no loss then

Question: Do I need the Nikopol Trilogy?
    Can't decide, got burned with Quest for the time bird and haven't read anything european since then.
    Great euro comics, art is fantastic, but story might be not your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Great euro comics, art is fantastic, but story might be not your cup of tea.
    thanks, gonna get something else now, maybe later. I'm still intrigued since it's critically acclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    I just got Lone Sloane. Content of course is great, but I'm disappointed that Titan used glue binding; do they do this with all their hardcovers?!
    I only have Snowpiercer and Universal War but both of those are sewn. Weird that they opted for a lesser quality for the Druillet books, especially since they have a bunch of beautiful splash pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks, gonna get something else now, maybe later. I'm still intrigued since it's critically acclaimed.
    It's worth it for the Bilal art alone if you ask me, but it might indeed not be quite your thing story-wise (although it is a completely different kind of book than Peter Pan).

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    It's worth it for the Bilal art alone if you ask me, but it might indeed not be quite your thing story-wise (although it is a completely different kind of book than Peter Pan).
    Peter Pan I liked, Time bird I didn't. I know it's sci-fi stuff, it's just the way the story told sometimes doesn't click with me in european books. The art alone doesn't sell anything for me, Loisel is a great artist but the QftTB was a slog.

Ah, mixed up my Loisel books there

What are the odds on the Dynamite James Bond series coming out in hardcover? Does Dynamite have a hardcover line? I have only bought one of their trades before and the paper quality was awful so I'd rather not go for the tpb.

Hey, trying to get thoughts on "The Massive"
    Library Ed coming out next month.

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ma...vol-01-hc.html

I like some of Brian Woods' other stuff, so I figured I might like this.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hey, trying to get thoughts on "The Massive"
    Library Ed coming out next month.

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ma...vol-01-hc.html

I like some of Brian Woods' other stuff, so I figured I might like this.

Thanks in advance.
    The Massive is a great book.

The Library Editions is a great format.

It's a win win!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Guy's, I'm excited! I don't usually buy enough books to post a haul pic but the last 6 weeks or so have been kinder to me than usual so I can fiiiiinally post one.

Pretty happy with this, C&D, Punisher MAX and God of Thunder are some of my most favourite books published by Marvel so I'm happy to get my hands on them.

Up until this point, the only Vertigo book I own was We3 so I'm happy to start checking out some more.

Oh, that Banana Shake book has a banana scented sticker on the front, though, that definitely wasn't the reason I bought it!

What's living in the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    What are the odds on the Dynamite James Bond series coming out in hardcover? Does Dynamite have a hardcover line? I have only bought one of their trades before and the paper quality was awful so I'd rather not go for the tpb.
    wasn't there some news a week or two go that Ellis's second story will get published the day the Vargr hc comes out?
    I have some Dynamite hc-s ,they are okay, nothing special, like DC or Marvel but their Archives are really good, old Marvel omnibus quality.