Page 548 of 865 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Got in the mail today, Moore's Kickstarter.

can't wait to have mine in hands!

Is Nailbiter the murder edition worth a purchase? I remember having on my list of to buys, but for some reason I took it off the list and I can't remember why? Is any good? Is it oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Btw, "La Tour" by Schuiten/Peeters: I wasn't aware of the fact that the protagonist was based on Orson Welles, let alone that he actually sat for them, as a model, when they made the book back in the early 80s. According to the interview in the back of the book, they were the last people to have worked with him before he died.
    Les Cités obscures present everything i like about comic books, i wonder what those 2 are doing these days..

MartinNL, art looks great, and i'm sure Esad Ribic will be bad ass too
    Have my doubts about the story thou, we'll see
    Last edited by maeda; 04-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    i wonder what those 2 are doing these days..
    Publishing more Obscure Cities books? "Revoir Paris" is the latest installment, published in 2014 and the first part of 2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is Nailbiter the murder edition worth a purchase? I remember having on my list of to buys, but for some reason I took it off the list and I can't remember why? Is any good? Is it oversized?
    Yes it's good, and yes it's oversized. I wouldn't expect Shakespeare, if you know what I mean, but it's fun. You probably did what I did: It was solicited last year, but then it got re-solicited for this year and I took it off my list, but then forgot about it when it got re-solicited. I walked into my LCS and there it was. So that suprised me. Here's a minute review I wrote a few pages back:

Few quick comments on some books I recently finished:

Nailbiter - Lots of fun. Probably one of the best horror comics I've read in a while. It has your usual horror tropes, (eg: Look out behind you!) but I guess I just felt like this did it better than most. I've read some pretty bad horror books, but this was fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, as evidenced by an issue with a cameo from a certain real life crime fiction comic writer who comes to the town to research a serial killer book. This was a blind buy for me, and it was pretty great.

The Hero book 1 + 2 - Again, lots of fun. A sort of Flash Gordon-style retelling of Hercules' story. First book is a coming of age story, second book is a tragedy. I read a lot of reviews where people loved the first book, but loathed the second due to a particularly graphic rape scene. Maybe it's the Metabaron fan in me, but within the context of the story, I had no problem with it. Eh. If you're squimish, don't read. The art is fantastic. Another great blind buy. (I seem to have good luck lately with blind buys. eg: Nailbiter, iZombie, The Hero, etc. All great!)

Crisis on Infinite Earths - The last time I read this book was three years ago, so I decided to revisit it again after seeing the brief nod to Crisis in Batman v Superman. It got me all excited to re-read this book. But I forgot how tedious this book gets. They really could have done the same story in half the page count. I seem to remember it being easier to read the last time, but this time I probably skimmed a couple issues to get to the end. Ugh.

March book 2 - Loved this. I am a bit ashamed that my knowledge on the civil rights movement isn't as deep as it should be. I mean, of course I know the major events and players, but it's been so interesting reading this series and having some of the blanks filled in for me. Such a valuable book and an excellent way to introduce readers to some of the smaller, but equaly as important details of the civil rights movement, albeit from one person's perspecive. I was worried this series might come across like a social studies text book, but it's totally not. It's very much a comic.
    Last edited by pud333; 04-09-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    In case anyone missed it, there will be new Metabarons material by Jodorowsky. Pre-order possibilities have appeared on amazon. What to expect:

There will be eight volumes in total (in French), but Humanoids seems to collect them in 4 European sized hardcovers. Which sounds perfect since each 2 volumes will have art by the same artist. Volume 2 will appear in June (in France). With the first slipcased edition in English planned for an October release.

The overall story is written by Jodorowsky, with scenario's by Jerry Frissen. The art will be by:

Vol. 1+2: Valentin Sécher (see some pages below)
    Vol. 3+4: Niko Henrichon (Noah and Pride of Baghdad)
    Vol. 5+6: Mukesh Singh (All-New Invaders)
    Vol. 7+8: Esau Ribic (Thor - God of Thunder, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer: Requiem)
    So looking forward to this! What I recall when these were originally announced was Humanoids would publish English deluxe version approx every 8 months: V1 Sécher $30 112p deluxe 10/16, V2 Henrichon 2/17, V3 Singh 10/17, V4 Ribic 6/18

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Its same size as Image Deluxe editions (Saga, East of West, Fatale, Lazarus HCs). Extras include covers, #1 script, original pitch, art process, and sketches.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by comicfiend; 04-09-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Yes it's good, and yes it's oversized. I wouldn't expect Shakespeare, if you know what I mean, but it's fun. You probably did what I did: It was solicited last year, but then it got re-solicited for this year and I took it off my list, but then forgot about it when it got re-solicited. I walked into my LCS and there it was. So that suprised me. Here's a minute review I wrote a few pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Its same size as Image Deluxe editions (Saga, East of West, Fatale, Lazarus HCs). Extras include covers, #1 script, original pitch, art process, and sketches.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Cheers for the info, I'll put it back on my list

Saw the DC Batman golden age omnibus is due out in August. Do you think DC plans to roll these out every year for a while? I'd LOVE to have all these old Batman pre 1980 in glorious omnibus format!

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    Saw the DC Batman golden age omnibus is due out in August. Do you think DC plans to roll these out every year for a while? I'd LOVE to have all these old Batman pre 1980 in glorious omnibus format!
    Batman V1 came out last Fall: Detective Comics 27-56, Batman 1-7, World's Fair Comics #2, World's Best Comics #1, World's Finest Comics 2-3
    Batman V2 comes out Aug: Detective Comics 57-74, Batman 8-15, World's Finest Comics 4-9

Other Golden Age Omni's:

Wonder Woman V1 comes out Oct: All Star Comics 1, Sensation Comics 1-24, Wonder Woman 1-7

Superman V1: Action Comics 1-31, Superman 1-7, World's Fair Comics 1-2
    Superman V2 comes out Jul: Action Comics 32-47, Superman 8-15, World's Best Comics 1, World's Finest Comics 2-4
    Last edited by comicfiend; 04-09-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Question about the quality of these golden age stories:

I think the first volumes are probably interesting for the historical aspects and seeing some major first appearances and whatnot. But do the second volumes of the Superman and Batman Golden Age Omnibuses really have stuff worth reading? Any key issues or appearances or storylines? Or do these second Omnibuses sort of get into the repetitive tales and general early comics cheese?

That is some beautiful Metabarons art.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Publishing more Obscure Cities books? "Revoir Paris" is the latest installment, published in 2014 and the first part of 2.
    huh, you made me realize i have exactly 7 books to catch up, nice!

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the limited Wicked and Divine is still available on forbidden planet.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Batman V1 came out last Fall: Detective Comics 27-56, Batman 1-7, World's Fair Comics #2, World's Best Comics #1, World's Finest Comics 2-3
    Batman V2 comes out Aug: Detective Comics 57-74, Batman 8-15, World's Finest Comics 4-9

Other Golden Age Omni's:

Wonder Woman V1 comes out Oct: All Star Comics 1, Sensation Comics 1-24, Wonder Woman 1-7

Superman V1: Action Comics 1-31, Superman 1-7, World's Fair Comics 1-2
    Superman V2 comes out Jul: Action Comics 32-47, Superman 8-15, World's Best Comics 1, World's Finest Comics 2-4

Cool gotta pre order that Supes Vol. 2

So safe to say we see one each year maybe. When do you think they stop? Do you think they start making silver age as well when they get that far?

Does Batman have a complete silver age collected collection?