Page 549 of 865 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 12974

Hell yes to more Jodo Metabarons...and WOW at that art!

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    Do you think they start making silver age as well when they get that far?
    Does Batman have a complete silver age collected collection?
    Batman & Superman in World's Finest V1: Superman 76, World's Finest 71-116
    JLA V1: Brave and Bold 28-30, JLA 1-30,
    JLA V2 in Jun: JLA 31-76, Mystery in Space 75
    Flash V1: Showcase 4/8/13-14, Flash 105-132
    Flash V2 in Dec: Flash 133-161
    Supergirl in Jun: "stories from Action Comics 252 onwards"
    Teen Titans in Oct: <details not yet available>

I'm considering trying out some of Will Eisner's The Spirit as I've never read any of it before. Would the "Will Eisners The Spirit A Celebration of 75 Years HC" be a good choice to start with? Or are there better choices out there?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Whoever recommended me Scud I'd like to say thank you, thank you, thank you. It's awesome book, pure craziness and it has this independent vibe. Not even independent, it's more like underground, because of the art style, I can see it published in some 'zine in strip form. Reminds me of 2000AD stuff but also Tank Girl, but in TG story is just an excuse to show all that craziness of the world and stupid ideas and doesn't really matter while in Scud it's a very important element. Great characters as well, likeable and real.

I know it might be not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it was very refrenshing and new, specially loved the characters.It's pure anarchy but with logic. Kinda. Art might be the biggest problems, sometimes there are soo many things going on one page its hard to keep up and follow every panel.

One of the most crazy comics I've read, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Batman & Superman in World's Finest V1: Superman 76, World's Finest 71-116
    JLA V1: Brave and Bold 28-30, JLA 1-30,
    JLA V2 in Jun: JLA 31-76, Mystery in Space 75
    Flash V1: Showcase 4/8/13-14, Flash 105-132
    Flash V2 in Dec: Flash 133-161
    Supergirl in Jun: "stories from Action Comics 252 onwards"
    Teen Titans in Oct: <details not yet available>
    There are also two Silver Age Green Lantern volumes. But this would belong in the DC thread, I guess.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Whoever recommended me Scud I'd like to say thank you, thank you, thank you. It's awesome book, pure craziness and it has this independent vibe. Not even independent, it's more like underground, because of the art style, I can see it published in some 'zine in strip form. Reminds me of 2000AD stuff but also Tank Girl, but in TG story is just an excuse to show all that craziness of the world and stupid ideas and doesn't really matter while in Scud it's a very important element. Great characters as well, likeable and real.

I know it might be not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it was very refrenshing and new, specially loved the characters.It's pure anarchy but with logic. Kinda. Art might be the biggest problems, sometimes there are soo many things going on one page its hard to keep up and follow every panel.

One of the most crazy comics I've read, love it.
    Not sure if it was from one of my posts but I've always pushed everyone to read it! Scud is life! Couldn't agree more with your comment about the art, while it's great, readability is sometimes an issue.

Fantastic Member

My latest March's haul:

So finally I have the first 3 volumes of the Moebius Graphitti Designs (first volume is even signed as AP copy), and the Virtual Meltdown hardcover. And these books are... just WOW. One of the rarest and the most beautiful editions in my collection.

And I'm a little bit disappointed of the Big Kids size, by the way (even if the story is good).

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest March's haul:

So finally I have the first 3 volumes of the Moebius Graphitti Designs (first volume is even signed as AP copy), and the Virtual Meltdown hardcover. And these books are... just WOW. One of the rarest and the most beautiful editions in my collection.

And I'm a little bit disappointed of the Big Kids size, by the way (even if the story is good).
    Wow you got Virtual Meltdown (big spender!). Yeah Big Kids is tiny and I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not. I definitely found DeForge's previous work "First Year Healthy" a much better read. Big Kids is quite obnoxious, where FYH was much deeper.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest March's haul:

I thought that the Guardians solo book wasn't out till the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    I thought that the Guardians solo book wasn't out till the end of the year.
    That's the Bendis book. The solo classic was last year.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Wow you got Virtual Meltdown (big spender!). Yeah Big Kids is tiny and I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not. I definitely found DeForge's previous work "First Year Healthy" a much better read. Big Kids is quite obnoxious, where FYH was much deeper.
    By the way, I have paid only about 130 for the new and sealed copy of Virtual Meltdown. I love eBay!

You know, I really liked Big Kids: this is a nice metaphorical story about growing up and all this age stuff. But this format is extremely small. Even Ant Colony was much bigger.

that metabarons art is awesome! i'm really looking forward to these editions
    formerly 'weeks'

Balakin has asked me what do I think about WicDiv and I just finished reading first volume, have only all extras. I liked it, a lot more than YA. Don't get me wrong, it's not groundbreaking but it's sexy as hell. All designs, letters, pages, panels have this slick super sexy look, like from some posh magazine about fashion.I'll tell ya, this book got style, man!

And action takes place in London, so it changes my perspective and how I digest story a lot; same thing happened when I came to UK and watched V for Vendetta few weeks later. I love how people look, what they wear, how they act. I like, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Balakin has asked me what do I think about WicDiv and I just finished reading first volume, have only all extras. I liked it, a lot more than YA. Don't get me wrong, it's not groundbreaking but it's sexy as hell. All designs, letters, pages, panels have this slick super sexy look, like from some posh magazine about fashion.I'll tell ya, this book got style, man!

And action takes place in London, so it changes my perspective and how I digest story a lot; same thing happened when I came to UK and watched V for Vendetta few weeks later. I love how people look, what they wear, how they act. I like, yes?
    cheers! Probably gonna get it next time, just placed an orer this morning and I was thinking about it but went with the Sweet tooth deluxes.
    I like stories set in the UK too, liked it before I lived here and like them now even more.

Incredible Member

The latest full Image solicits have the Black Science hardcover as "available again" (even though it's availability has never gone away), so I assume that means they're doing a second (official) printing. So first, it'll be interesting to see if the new printing is sewn binding or another rush glue job. And if it's an improved printing, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for those to circulate into the wild because I assume retailers and distributors have plenty of first printings to burn through first.