Page 55 of 865 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    Has anyone ever considered turning their collection into a library? Or some form of comic-book lounge that would be available for people interested? Was just wondering. There's a new trend nowadays with 'cat-cafes', for city people who live in apartments and aren't allowed to keep pets, so these coffee houses have cats running around, thereby serving two purposes. I was just wondering if anyone thought of this, since comic books are too expensive for kids. Are there intellectual-property laws that would prevent you from starting your own library? I don't live in the US, so for all I know, this is probably already happening.
    My preferred LCS is building a coffee shop inside it's shop as we speak to basically do this. It's huge and they actually have couches strewn out about the store so you can just sit there and read whatever. Every time I am in there browsing I'm actually told to sit down and read whatever I want lol. Even though the place is huge and has a ton of comics, I think they make most of their money from gaming.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New Member

My latest purchase from tfaw. Happy as a kid. Looking forward for more reprints of classic comics.
    And please ignore the top book.

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    My latest purchase from tfaw. Happy as a kid. Looking forward for more reprints of classic comics.
    And please ignore the top book.
    I didn't knew about these Savage sword of Conan books, looks like they are the DH equivalents of a Showcase or Essential. I'm really curious about these, I've only read a few Avengers issues from Roy Thomas, and those were pretty painful (waaay too wordy) so I think I'm gonna try one of the latest volumes written by Dixon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I didn't knew about these Savage sword of Conan books, looks like they are the DH equivalents of a Showcase or Essential. I'm really curious about these, I've only read a few Avengers issues from Roy Thomas, and those were pretty painful (waaay too wordy) so I think I'm gonna try one of the latest volumes written by Dixon.
    I think that first volumes should be more appropriate for acquaintance with series because they are adaptation of Howard's himself books. Besides the art is much better due to such artists as Barry Windsor-Smith and John Buscema.
    Last edited by iRbos; 05-29-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    I think that first volumes should be more appropriate for acquaintance with series because they are adaptation of Howard's himself books. Besides the art is much better due to such artists as Barry Windsor-Smith and John Buscema.
    Sounds convincing, but only based on what I've read from Thomas and Dixon, Dixon was more of my cup of tea. but maybe a series like Conan suits Thomas' writing style more.
    edit: just googled volume one and it doesn't seem too wordy and the art is really gorgeous.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-29-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Is the Killer omnibus volume 1 only in trade? I see volume 2 coming out soon in hardcover.

Fantastic Member

The Red Sonja art edition vol.2 is now solicited:

FRANK THORNE'S RED SONJA ART EDITION VOL. 2 HC
    Written by Roy Thomas, Clara Noto, Wendy Pini, art and cover by Frank Thorne.
    Celebrate fantasy illustration's shining star with Frank Thorne's second Red Sonja Art edition! The consummate She-Devil artist shares his original storyboards from the first six issues of the acclaimed 1977 Red Sonja comic book series. Scanned in high-resolution color and printed at original size, this gorgeous hardcover collection preserves every detail of the artist's meticulous skill and hard work, while simultaneously presenting a complete storyline for all to enjoy. Limited to initial orders only.
    128 pages, $150. (Signed, $300).

Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
    Can anyone recommend Ennis's The Boys definitive editions? They are much pricier for the series as a whole, and I see an omnibus edition being released in july. There are many reviews on amazon for definitive vol 1 saying the paper quality is poor.

Any thoughts? I love Ennis as a writer, yet don't have any of this story collected yet. I generally prefer hardcovers if available, but those prices are keeping me away.
    I have the first print of volume one - didn't have any issues. And they're priced the same as any DC Absolute....also the same size as the Absolutes, so not really overpriced. That said, I've yet to pick the final volume up(but I've read the ending, it's great but nothing tops Preacher)

Incredible Member

Can someone post pictures of the True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys Limited Edition? I've seen that some people have received their copies..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Is the Killer omnibus volume 1 only in trade? I see volume 2 coming out soon in hardcover.
    Pretty sure col 1 is trade only and im pretty sure vol 2 is as well. Went looking on the archaia website and I think it was listed as tpb

so i finally broke down and just ordered the deluxe edition of the black incal. i wonder how long it will be until i get the rest of the volumes...
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Can someone post pictures of the True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys Limited Edition? I've seen that some people have received their copies..
    Check the first page of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    so i finally broke down and just ordered the deluxe edition of the black incal. i wonder how long it will be until i get the rest of the volumes...
    You should be able to get all of those for a decent price. I got mine for about 35-40€ each. The big question now is will you eventually also get that ultra deluxe Final Incal? For now I'm still going to get that regular slipcase edition, but I might get the ultra deluxe if speedy hen or sth puts a massive discount on it.

SelfMadeHero just put up their new USA catalogue for their Fall 2014 line-up. Check it out here: http://issuu.com/selfmadehero/docs/u...m_medium=email

New titles are:
    Aama vol. 2: The Invisible Throng by Frederik Peeters
    The Dream-Quest of unknown Kaddath an H.P. Lovecraft adaption by I.N.J. Culbard
    The Motherless Oven by Rob Davis
    The Best of Enemies - A History of US and Middle East Relations Part Two: 1953-1984 by David B. and Jean-Pierre Filiu
    The Man Who Laughs a Victor Hugo adaptation by David Hine and Mark Stafford (already read this one and it's great stuff!!)
    Rickey Rouse Has A Gun by Jörg Tittel and John Aggs

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Check the first page of this thread
    Hey Martin, fantastic job with that first page of the thread. I love how you've put all the links in. It must have taken some time.