Page 551 of 865 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    What does batshit insane mean in this context? I've been thinking of getting the 40th anniversary edition even though I'm not really a sci-fi fan. I feel like I should own something by Jodorowsky and the book and art looks beautiful. I also love all things to do with warrior culture but if it's really out there I'd pass on it.
    It's really out there. Honestly, I rarely read something with so many bizarre ideas but I did enjoy ir a lot. Plus that art is almost orgasmic.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    What does batshit insane mean in this context? I've been thinking of getting the 40th anniversary edition even though I'm not really a sci-fi fan. I feel like I should own something by Jodorowsky and the book and art looks beautiful. I also love all things to do with warrior culture but if it's really out there I'd pass on it.
    As victorxd1999 said, it is out there.

bit spoilery:

one of the characters gets his had blown off but then he lives because....because metabarons....

But it's not insanity for insanity's sake, it has it's own logic and really, REALLY epic. I can't even compare it to anything, sometimes it's bizarre and maybe disgusting as well but at the same time it's brilliant. Probably my favourite from Jodo so far but haven't read Bouncer or White Lama yet.

New this week:

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    New this week:
    never heard about Rio but based on some googleing looks beautiful. Got me intrigued.

Fantastic Member

hi guys

i feel it's kind of my patriotic duty to let you know about this kickstarter project. The Eloquent Silence is a graphic novel by a fellow Azerbaijani Farrukh Selimkhanli. i only know what's on that KS project page, but it looks interesting (personally, i'd prefer a story dealing with something closer to home, something more, i don't know, ethnic maybe, but hey if the story is good, it doesn't really matter where it's set or what's the subject). shipping is a bit much for backers outside Azerbaijan, but if you can afford it, please consider giving it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    As victorxd1999 said, it is out there.

bit spoilery:

one of the characters gets his had blown off but then he lives because....because metabarons....

But it's not insanity for insanity's sake, it has it's own logic and really, REALLY epic. I can't even compare it to anything, sometimes it's bizarre and maybe disgusting as well but at the same time it's brilliant. Probably my favourite from Jodo so far but haven't read Bouncer or White Lama yet.
    If I didn't dig the Incal is there any chance I will like this?

Also just finished the wicked/divine, didn't really like it but the last couple of pages may force me to get the next vol

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If I didn't dig the Incal is there any chance I will like this?

Also just finished the wicked/divine, didn't really like it but the last couple of pages may force me to get the next vol
    the art is completely different, google it, it's good stuff.
    Also the Incal follows an incompetent and not too likeable main character while Metabarons follows the ultimate badasses in the universe. I would say give it a shot. Last time I checked you could get the 40th anniversary hc for like 20-25 quid.

I'm going to get Metabarons on my next order. I need more quality books to go next to my Hellboy and Fear Agent Library Editions anyway. <--- comic reader logic

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    never heard about Rio but based on some googleing looks beautiful. Got me intrigued.
    It's the kind of book that you can spend ages on looking at every single page. If you can find it cheap, heck, even if not, get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    It's the kind of book that you can spend ages on looking at every single page. If you can find it cheap, heck, even if not, get it.
    exactly what I was worried about

????1944.jpg
    I think we realy need blanck covers for our hard stuff-omnibus,absolute, deluxe, etc

Is Pixu by Gabriel Ba with Cloonan's art any good? I can see very mixed reviews on Amazon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Movie prep time Could anybody point me in the direction of trades/HCs for the Lee&Ditko, Roy Thomas runs?

-Doctor Strange Omnibus?
    -Marvel Masterworks Doctor Strange?
    -Steve Ditko Archives?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Is Pixu by Gabriel Ba with Cloonan's art any good? I can see very mixed reviews on Amazon.
    I thought it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Movie prep time Could anybody point me in the direction of trades/HCs for the Lee&Ditko, Roy Thomas runs?

-Doctor Strange Omnibus?
    -Marvel Masterworks Doctor Strange?
    -Steve Ditko Archives?
    Just bought the Doctor Strange MMW vol1. The omnibus will cost twice as much but dn't have twice as many pages and while it's oversized the MMW's quality is obviously superior so I think that's a better deal.
    Although the 2nd MMW is oop so after that I don't know what else to buy if I wan't to move forward with the story. But I doubt we will have further omnis either.