Page 553 of 865 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Ninjak! There isn't a hardcover yet, but i would bet on there being one by the end of the year. I like most of the Valiant books out right now, but Ninjak by Kindt has risen to the top for me. A close second is Lemire's Blooodshot.
    Yeah, been thinking about Bloodshoot, just because it's Lemire.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    If you had to recommend one book from Valiant what would it be? I'm not crazy about typical super hero stuff, more like sick of it, the weirder the better, crazy ideas, good characters and awesome storytelling. Sell me one title.
    So that's going to largely rule out X-O Manowar and Ninjak. Those two are great but they also skew more "typical super hero" type story telling.
    Weirder--perhaps Archer & Armstrong, Ivar Timewalker or even Doctor Mirage.
    Crazy Idea -- Divinity. Black Soviet Cosmonaut returns to Earth after lost on a team mission from the 60's. The sequel mini just started, came out yesterday & features another team member.
    Good Characters -- Imperium. Imagine chronicling how Dr.Doom built Latvia into his own personal Kingdom. What if any obstacles were there? It wraps up next month with #16 so I expect a Deluxe Hardcover by years end collecting the whole run.

I feel both Bloodshot Reborn and RAI are good character stories but might straddle the "super hero stuff" depending on how you view them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just bought the Doctor Strange MMW vol1. The omnibus will cost twice as much but dn't have twice as many pages and while it's oversized the MMW's quality is obviously superior so I think that's a better deal.
    Although the 2nd MMW is oop so after that I don't know what else to buy if I wan't to move forward with the story. But I doubt we will have further omnis either.
    Thank you, I'll be getting the MMW then. The Shadow rules!!!

Fantastic Member

Yeah, been thinking about Bloodshoot, just because it's Lemire.
    Bloodshot Reborn is easily their best title. I don't like superhero books at all.

Watched Future Shock! Story of 2000 AD on 4oD, still available UK guys and loved it. Best documentary about comics industry. It's anarchistic, has punky spirit, some of those guys swear a lot, like Pat Mills. They show lots of insight about industry, how much bullshit exists there - we have examples even now, Shelley Bond fired from Vertigo, when some guy is still there with few sexual harassment accusations - but also what creative people can achive when they're given freedom. For all of you readers of Marvel and DC: watch this movie, 2000AD deserves a huge recognition in our hobby, Vertigo is pretty much extension of their ideas, guys like Moore, Morrison, Bolland had started careers there. I don't want to look like I'm a hater of Big Two, but when I see guys like DiDio laughing during their last event with this artificial corporate laugh all the time, it makes me sick.

Read collection of Judge Death stories yesterday, Brian Bolland's art is incredible, and it's 35 years old. Amazing artist.

Watched Future Shock! Story of 2000 AD on 4oD, still available UK guys and loved it. Best documentary about comics industry. It's anarchistic, has punky spirit, some of those guys swear a lot, like Pat Mills. They show lots of insight about industry, how much bullshit exists there - we have examples even now, Shelley Bond fired from Vertigo, when some guy is still there with few sexual harassment accusations - but also what creative people can achive when they're given freedom. For all of you readers of Marvel and DC: watch this movie, 2000AD deserves a huge recognition in our hobby, Vertigo is pretty much extension of their ideas, guys like Moore, Morrison, Bolland had started careers there. I don't want to look like I'm a hater of Big Two, but when I see guys like DiDio laughing during their last event with this artificial corporate laugh all the time, it makes me sick.

Read collection of Judge Death stories yesterday, Brian Bolland's art is incredible, and it's 35 years old. Amazing artist.
    second that of course!

tnx, i missed that one, really looking forward to it
    And agreed, if it weren't' for Vertigo & British authors i would probably lost interest back than
    From last ones i watched, i must recommend American Splendor, one of the finest American storytellers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just bought the Doctor Strange MMW vol1. The omnibus will cost twice as much but dn't have twice as many pages and while it's oversized the MMW's quality is obviously superior so I think that's a better deal.
    Although the 2nd MMW is oop so after that I don't know what else to buy if I wan't to move forward with the story. But I doubt we will have further omnis either.
    If there is a second Dr.Strange movie I'd wager a second Dr.Strange Omni will also follow. Frequently the two go down the path together. Not every time I know but unlike Spiderman(when we should've gotten ASMvol.3 w/TASM) there aren't as many options for collected Omni material for Strange so another Silver Age vol.2 would be a much more sure bet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If there is a second Dr.Strange movie I'd wager a second Dr.Strange Omni will also follow. Frequently the two go down the path together. Not every time I know but unlike Spiderman(when we should've gotten ASMvol.3 w/TASM) there aren't as many options for collected Omni material for Strange so another Silver Age vol.2 would be a much more sure bet.
    by that logic I think a 2nd MMW can follow as well since the reprint of the first MMW came around the announcement of the movie or the casting of Cumberbatch or something like that I'm pretty sure.
    We are also getting a vol 7(?) of the MMW too.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thank you, I'll be getting the MMW then. The Shadow rules!!!
    hope you won't regret it but at least the MMW-s usually have a pretty great resale value.
    The Shadow is the best! (still makes me said he doesn't have any movies coming since that one and no fancy collections either).

If you had to recommend one book from Valiant what would it be? I'm not crazy about typical super hero stuff, more like sick of it, the weirder the better, crazy ideas, good characters and awesome storytelling. Sell me one title.
    I would recommend Harbinger, followed by Imperium. Ivar is great, too. Also, Bloodshot Reborn tends to have some pretty spectacular art.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Spectacular Member

I was looking to buy the 6 MIND MGMT hardcovers and was wondering if there's any chance that Dark Horse release Library Editions for that series ?

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    I was looking to buy the 6 MIND MGMT hardcovers and was wondering if there's any chance that Dark Horse release Library Editions for that series ?
    You might want to ask them via Twitter, at least that's what I do. I don't know how popular series is but I'd doubt it. BTW, New Mutants slipcase would be published closer to SDCC, according to Sienkiewicz.

Fantastic Member

Matt has said they wont.

Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out for sure!