Page 562 of 865 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 12974
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got these books this past week:

Nice haul, just a wild guess, you're Dutch XD I also speak dutch (Belgian here). I was wondering which one is next to Robbedoes en Kwabbernoot. The dude on the cover looks cool

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Nice haul, just a wild guess, you're Dutch XD I also speak dutch (Belgian here). I was wondering which one is next to Robbedoes en Kwabbernoot. The dude on the cover looks cool
    Hey, great to find another Belgian on the thread!

If I'm not mistaken, it's a super deluxe version of the sixth gun (don't know what volume), which is super pricey but from what people have posted here, it's great quality.

You guessed right. Us Dutch speakers are taking over the boards mwhuahaha... (before we take over the world in our masterplan but shhhhh)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey, great to find another Belgian on the thread!

If I'm not mistaken, it's a super deluxe version of the sixth gun (don't know what volume), which is super pricey but from what people have posted here, it's great quality.
    It's indeed a Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition, and vol. 1 to be more exact. Found it on eBay for 60$, but with shipping and (import) tax around that same amount added to that. Still cheaper than retail price. On the next pic you can see what's contained:

Fantastic Member

Story wise I've only read the first arc I think when the single issues were first published. Loved the stuff. Production quality wise, the book has laminated covers and a dust jacket. Furthermore it has sewn binding, excellent paper quality and its size is that of Fear Agent LE's and Colossal Conan. It contains issue #1-15, but no extra's whatsoever.
    OK, thank you! Ordered

BTW, that's a real pity second Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition is not that good as the first one. As I remember, second volume has only an odinary slipcase and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    OK, thank you! Ordered

BTW, that's a real pity second Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition is not that good as the first one. As I remember, second volume has only an odinary slipcase and that's all.
    That is indeed correct. However the print run was reduced to 500 copies and the price lowered from 120$ to 80$. The slipcases are also well produced for vol. 2 en 3 and both contain signed and numbered tip-in prints, the faux leather with gold foil cases and dust jackets. Those packages are worth the price too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Thanks Balakin and LordJulius for both your responses, Im going to pull the trigger on one or two volumes of Prince Valiant, Terry and the Pirates and Dick Tracy. I Have my eye on X-9 as well, if there are any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!
    cool! Let us know what you think of them. Btw, be prepared, the Prince Valiant hc-s are taller than absolutes (love those books, it's just so nice to held them in your hand and stare at the beautiful illustrations, and the restoration is top notch as well)

Have started reading the FB Usagi Yojimbo books and although I am enjoying it more than I thought I would it is getting a bit repetitive, I'm just wondering if this is just the series finding its feet? I don't want to start getting the DH HC's if it is just more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Have started reading the FB Usagi Yojimbo books and although I am enjoying it more than I thought I would it is getting a bit repetitive, I'm just wondering if this is just the series finding its feet? I don't want to start getting the DH HC's if it is just more of the same
    I read the first three Saga volumes first and loved them. With the exception of the Samurai story arc I really didn't enjoy either of the slipcase books. It normally wouldn't be my kind of thing regardless of it's quality but the Dark Horse stuff I read really is exceptional. Discovering Lone Wolf And Cub, which is now my all time favourite story and highly realistic, combined with the slipcase feeling pretty average really put me off.

I probably won't read any of it again but I really did love the Saga's I read the first time.

Geoff Johns Green Lantern Ombinus #3 question, according to websites it contains: GREEN LANTERN #53-60, LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.

Why would it not include Green Lantern #61-67 and the War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1-2? Those are important parts of the War of the Green Lanterns storyline which leads to the New 52 Green Lantern PLUS, the omnibus contains Green Lantern Corps #58--60 which are Parts of the War of the Green Lantern storyline?

Is this a misprint? I am confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Geoff Johns Green Lantern Ombinus #3 question, according to websites it contains: GREEN LANTERN #53-60, LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.

Why would it not include Green Lantern #61-67 and the War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1-2? Those are important parts of the War of the Green Lanterns storyline which leads to the New 52 Green Lantern PLUS, the omnibus contains Green Lantern Corps #58--60 which are Parts of the War of the Green Lantern storyline?

Is this a misprint? I am confused here.
    It does actually include #61-67 but not Aftermath (which was not written by Johns).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If you make it all the way through the Fantagraphics book and still don't like it then the series might not be for you. I love it and have read most of the series twice in the past 7 years.

The dark horse material start around book 9 or 10 (about half way through Saga book 10) and i think its gets better than the early stuff. Both in art and story. I think Stan does a good job of doing 1 shot stories while at the same time building up an arc in the background. Like he did with the Dragon Below arc.

If you make it to the Grasscutter story (halfway through Saga book 2) and still don't like it, then i would say its not for you and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    It does actually include #61-67 but not Aftermath (which was not written by Johns).
    So I guess it was a misprint on the websites?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    So I guess it was a misprint on the websites?
    It was a mistake in the solicitation by DC which they never corrected before the book came out but it was pretty obvious that it was a mistake all along. It didn't really make sense to include the GLC & GLEW issues of War of the Green Lanterns and leave out the GL ones.

This kind of mistake is pretty common with their classic collected editions to the point where I'm pleasantly surprised when they get it right. If you're not already doing it I strongly recommend you follow the DC Hardcover Collections thread where issues like this are usually discussed.

All-New Member

You guessed right. Us Dutch speakers are taking over the boards mwhuahaha... (before we take over the world in our masterplan but shhhhh)

It's indeed a Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition, and vol. 1 to be more exact. Found it on eBay for 60$, but with shipping and (import) tax around that same amount added to that. Still cheaper than retail price. On the next pic you can see what's contained:

Nice to see that there are also dutch collectors don't know anyone in my area that collects comics or manga :-)

A more general question for everyone here:
    Which hero is the most collectable. I mean which hero, has the most issues (in, in print) omni's and sewn hardcovers (hate that glued stuff) want to get more in the superhero genre, but there's just so much to catch up to (Hellboy and Deadpool are allready on my wishlist, as I know a lot of their issues are collected) Thank you for your answer

Nice to see that there are also dutch collectors don't know anyone in my area that collects comics or manga :-)

A more general question for everyone here:
    Which hero is the most collectable. I mean which hero, has the most issues (in, in print) omni's and sewn hardcovers (hate that glued stuff) want to get more in the superhero genre, but there's just so much to catch up to (Hellboy and Deadpool are allready on my wishlist, as I know a lot of their issues are collected) Thank you for your answer
    Hellboy is the best with the 6 LE-s.
    I would say MArvel's ohc-s are pretty good with the binding and yes they lowered the quality in recent years but the ohc-s open pretty well if that's a dealbreaker for you.
    Invincible is collected in ohc-s as well, great series.
    Buffy.