Page 565 of 865 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Wow I didnt realize how big those gallery editions are. What issues does it contain? Or is it the entire thing?
    donno about the issues it's probably the whole thing but they are as big as the original art was. That's the point of them being as close to the original art as possible.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hippy View Post
    No, first printing. Bought from IST the day it came out.

Attachment 35836 Attachment 35837
    That's frustrating. Now I'll probably have to track down a copy even though i know i really shouldn't. I just know how much it'll piss me off every time i look at it. Such a wonderful series though

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    To my knowledge there were two HC editions, the limited numbered Graphiti Designs edition, and the UK ("not for sale in the USA") Knockabout edition (2008 I think), the latter being also a limited edition (1500 copies "to date"). A Top Shelf US HC edition was solicited for a 2011 release (same cover than Knockabout http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/from-hell-hardcover?), but I am not sure it has been eventually released as there is no trace of it on amazon or ebay. Perhaps they have settled for the TPB edition.
    The IDW one will have the exact same size than the Knockabout one. And if you prefer the Knockabout cover, oddly it seems that they still have copies in stock http://www.knockabout.com/shop/?product=alan-moore (oddly because on ebay I have seen insane prices for that book).
    There actually is a Top Shelf HC, that's the one I have. I think that was some kind of limited version of the first reprint (indica say 2nd printing 2006), but I have no idea how limited it was. It has no title or author names on the front cover, just an illustration of Gull with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    There actually is a Top Shelf HC, that's the one I have. I think that was some kind of limited version of the first reprint (indica say 2nd printing 2006), but I have no idea how limited it was. It has no title or author names on the front cover, just an illustration of Gull with a knife.
    Thank you, that means that top shelf don't keep track of their OOP book in their catalogue. Strange that there are so few of these Top Shelf HC on ebay...

Not a collected comic edition, but for Alan Moore's fan, his Jerusalem novel will have a limited signed version only available at Gosh and knockabout webstores. Limited to 500 copies, no extra charge for that (£25 with additional P&P). Here are the links to preorder:

http://www.goshlondon.com/product/je...ion-pre-order/

http://www.knockabout.com/featured/a...res-jerusalem/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Thank you, that means that top shelf don't keep track of their OOP book in their catalogue. Strange that there are so few of these Top Shelf HC on ebay...
    Non Marvel or DC comics from almost every publisher are hard sells on eBay unless they're some of the new super hot Image ones. It's not worth the time to try to sell them for the most part. Top Shelf has some quality stuff but for the most part, none of it is really a hot commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Non Marvel or DC comics from almost every publisher are hard sells on eBay unless they're some of the new super hot Image ones. It's not worth the time to try to sell them for the most part. Top Shelf has some quality stuff but for the most part, none of it is really a hot commodity.
    I was not speaking of all Top Shelf HC, but the Alan Moore's limited From Hell one, but I see your point. Mine is that the From Hell Top Shelf/knockabout HC is even rarer than the limited signed Graphitti Designs edition on ebay.

Incredible Member

I'm beginning to realize how hard it is to be a new omnibus collector. It seems like purchase decisions can't just be about what series you want to read, it also has to be about what book you think may go OOP the fastest. Right now, I'm deciding between Spider-Man (Stern), fantastic Four 2 (Byrne), Iron Man (Michilenie), fantastic Four 1-3 (Lee), and Green Lantern 1-3 (Johns).

It's not so fun when your purchase decisions are based on trying to determine what book may go OOP the fastest.

I'm thinking of picking up the first Walking Dead Compendium. I've watched the first season of the show and while it was good the seriousness wasn't unique to me and I don't like zombies. Is the book of a different tone? Invincible has some obvious comedy but also a more subtle dark comedy to it sometimes. If Walking Dead has that black humour to it as well I'd be interested in trying it. Any views from people who don't really like zombies either that have read it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up the first Walking Dead Compendium. I've watched the first season of the show and while it was good the seriousness wasn't unique to me and I don't like zombies. Is the book of a different tone? Invincible has some obvious comedy but also a more subtle dark comedy to it sometimes. If Walking Dead has that black humour to it as well I'd be interested in trying it. Any views from people who don't really like zombies either that have read it?
    I haven't watched the show, but my reading of the first 48 issues of walking dead (some time ago) was that it wasn't particularly funny. Invincible happens to be my favorite comic book of all time. Walking Dead really shares no comparison with Invincible at all. So if you're looking to get Walking Dead hoping for something Invincible like, you may be disappointed. That said, it is a good book (this coming from someone who doesn't like zombies). If I were you, I'd pick up the first ultimate collection rather than the compendium. Try it out and see if you like it. Also, the ultimate collections I think are the best way to collect the series.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be similar to Invincible but that's the only Kirkman I've read so I was curious if he had that kind of bleak humour in everything he did. Are the ultimate collections HC? 1000+ pages for £20 might be too tempting either way lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be similar to Invincible but that's the only Kirkman I've read so I was curious if he had that kind of bleak humour in everything he did. Are the ultimate collections HC? 1000+ pages for £20 might be too tempting either way lol.
    The ultimate books are hardcovers with consistent spines. They look great on a bookshelf. They typically contain 12 issues. The only thing I don't like about them is that it is one continuous story. In other words, the issues are not separated by their covers (the covers are collected in the back of the book). Thus, it can be difficult to know where one issue ends and another begins without counting pages, though their is typically a splash page that will allow you to figure out where a new issue begins.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I haven't watched the show, but my reading of the first 48 issues of walking dead (some time ago) was that it wasn't particularly funny. Invincible happens to be my favorite comic book of all time. Walking Dead really shares no comparison with Invincible at all. So if you're looking to get Walking Dead hoping for something Invincible like, you may be disappointed. That said, it is a good book (this coming from someone who doesn't like zombies). If I were you, I'd pick up the first ultimate collection rather than the compendium. Try it out and see if you like it. Also, the ultimate collections I think are the best way to collect the series.
    seconded although can't comment on the hardcovers. But it's a good series and I don't like zombies either. No humor though whatsoever.

Incredible Member

Just snagged a recalled sewn version of Black Science off the shelf at my local B&N. Hate paying full price, but worth it this time!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Currently reading Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus. It's an interesting piece of history. The best parts are the outdated dialogue and Superman being a total jerk at times.