Page 568 of 865 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    I highly recommend anything from the Brubaker/Phillips duo...Scene of the Crime, Sleeper, Criminal, Incognito, Fatale, Fade Out. If you can get your hands on Icon's OOP HCs Incognito and Criminal 1-2 I'd go that route. I imagine Image will eventually reprint Criminal HCs 1-2. As well from the duo is a one-shot called Gotham Noir as part of DC's Elseworlds.

Brubaker had some pretty amazing superhero runs as well: Gotham Central, Catwoman, Daredevil, Captain America/Winter Soldier.

I had the fortune to spend some time with him several years ago at SDCC; he signed some books early on then I ran in to him walking outside the convention center; he stopped and chatted for over 20 minutes. He's truly personable, who's passionate about the medium and takes time to discuss with his fans. He has a life-long pull from me for anything he puts out.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I've had Sleeper, Fatale and The Fade Out on my wish list for a while now. I bought a Criminal special recently, and it's made me want to read more. I'll check out the others you've suggested too. I do like the look of Gotham Central.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. I've had Sleeper, Fatale and The Fade Out on my wish list for a while now. I bought a Criminal special recently, and it's made me want to read more. I'll check out the others you've suggested too. I do like the look of Gotham Central.
    honestly, all of them are really good. The Sleeper omni is still in print and other than the baneofmyexistence black cardboard cover it's one of the best DC omnis (or I've heard, didn't upgrade my tpb-s for some reason, even though it's one of my all time favourite series).
    Criminal is fantastic too and Incognito and Fatale are also really freaking good.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Purchases from the past two weeks:

I was thinking about getting some Modesty books then I changed my mind for now, I don't really need a new line of books to collect.
    But let me know if it's good...

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was thinking about getting some Modesty books then I changed my mind for now, I don't really need a new line of books to collect.
    Sorry, but... so far it's awesome They can also be found quite cheap, apart from the OOP ones of course. I'm about to order a couple more.

Sorry, but... so far it's awesome They can also be found quite cheap, apart from the OOP ones of course. I'm about to order a couple more.
    well...damn...

How could you not collect Modesty Blaise!

latest

edit. i couldn't post 2 images, and after a while i discovered that smiles are counted as images as well, go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    How could you not collect Modesty Blaise!

latest

edit. i couldn't post 2 images, and after a while i discovered that smiles are counted as images as well, go figure..
    yeah, the image system is weird, donno why we need to limit them to 3 as well, but it is what it is.

I always knew about Modesty Blaise and was interested I just don't know if I need a new and very long line of books right now to collect. I just started to buy some MMW-s and the Epics got me hooked as well. Also there are some upcoming must haves like the Byrne Avengers omni (I'm a WCA fan) and probably gonna get some more like UXM and ASM. I'm weak.

Also Goon v3 and to connect it with your latest buys the upcoming english edition of Alec Sinner. I'm really interested in it. Seen some pictures of Mort Cinder somewhere and that got me intrigued as well and...hey! Is that written by the writer of Eternaut???

BANNED

You can order it directly from Graphitti or through your LCS, which is what I did. There's also several online stores that should carry it, just not Amazon, B&N and the likes.
    Thanks dude. I tried The Graphitti Designs site but they don't ship to Turkey... damn it... and the price of this thing is insane... but there's still hope lol I will have a LCS soon (: a comic book store will open here where i live. I still can't believe this, i have never had a LCS before, i'm super excited. (: I think i'll order the book from there (i hope with a more resonable price)

yeah, the image system is weird, donno why we need to limit them to 3 as well, but it is what it is.

I always knew about Modesty Blaise and was interested I just don't know if I need a new and very long line of books right now to collect. I just started to buy some MMW-s and the Epics got me hooked as well. Also there are some upcoming must haves like the Byrne Avengers omni (I'm a WCA fan) and probably gonna get some more like UXM and ASM. I'm weak.

Also Goon v3 and to connect it with your latest buys the upcoming english edition of Alec Sinner. I'm really interested in it. Seen some pictures of Mort Cinder somewhere and that got me intrigued as well and...hey! Is that written by the writer of Eternaut???
    I was kidding about collecting, but not about art and story, it's vintage fun.
    I was reading her adventures back in the days along side with Rip Kirby so there was always a connection between those two in my mind.
    Mort Cinder is written by Oesterheld yes, i haven't read it yet but looking forward too

You can order it directly from Graphitti or through your LCS, which is what I did. There's also several online stores that should carry it, just not Amazon, B&N and the likes.
    Batarang, from Turkey can you order from FP (£80, great packaging)? The signed/remarqued editions are only available through Graphitti (therefore at full cover price).

And I confirm that this TDKR GE is a bomb:

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ited.html#more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Batarang, from Turkey can you order from FP (£80, great packaging)? The signed/remarqued editions are only available through Graphitti (therefore at full cover price).

And I confirm that this TDKR GE is a bomb:

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ited.html#more
    Yeah, the FB sends it to Turkey but it's 161.99 Sterlins with the shipping cost.... i think i will try my LCS once it opens...i hope i can get a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Yeah, the FB sends it to Turkey but it's 161.99 Sterlins with the shipping cost.... i think i will try my LCS once it opens...i hope i can get a better price.
    £80 for shipping to Turkey ... (but yes these are the Royal Mail prices, I have just checked). And I bet that archonia doesn't ship to Turkey too.
    Last edited by vark; 05-28-2016 at 11:20 AM.

MCM Comic Con was awesome, so many people!!!

Managed to grab Ex Machina vol 1 for 2.80 on Amazon today, and found vol 4 for 25 quid in Forbidden Planet store.

I can post few pics from con, if you guys like.....

Fantastic Member

Hey guys, I have a problem: some of my books (especially the big ones, like the Sandman Gallery edition) are with a wavy pages now. But air in my home is very dry, so the problem is not because of humidity. Maybe I should store them horizontally?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a problem: some of my books (especially the big ones, like the Sandman Gallery edition) are with a wavy pages now. But air in my home is very dry, so the problem is not because of humidity. Maybe I should store them horizontally?
    considering the thickness of the paper in Gallery Edition I am surprised by what you have observed. I need to check mine! (and I don't know what is advised in that case).