Page 57 of 865 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Has anyone here read the Cape? I'm pretty interested and the deluxe edition looks nice
    I read it a few weeks ago. It's a pretty fast read and it hooked me. I also think that it's quite a good story. The end is satisfying, the art is good. I wouldn't say it's one of the best stories I read recently but I'd give it 3.5/5 Stars.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

What a great Saturday. Met up for lunch and some Belgian beer with Aaltomuoto at the comics festival in Haarlem today. Such a great festival that takes place on the Big Market square of the city with lots of stands with both European Comics and US/UK comics and also inside where most publishers have a stand and where artists sign their books and put drawings in them. I bought so many books it's insane, but most at very good prices. I even bought a second copy of White Cube so Brecht van den Broucke could put a drawing in there. Great guy btw and I encourage you all to buy that book that D&Q published earlier this year. Anyway this is what I got...

This batch is all in English

The Andreas' Arq books are not translated, but the Moebius books are.

White Cube here was published by D&Q like I said. Snow has no words but looks fantastic, you should get it! Joost Swarte's Bijna Compleet was published by Fantagraphics as Is That All There Is? and De maagd en de neger was published by SelfMadeHero as Dancing In The Light Of The Moon.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    What a great Saturday. Met up for lunch and some Belgian beer with Aaltomuoto at the comics festival in Haarlem today. Such a great festival that takes place on the Big Market square of the city with lots of stands with both European Comics and US/UK comics and also inside where most publishers have a stand and where artists sign their books and put drawings in them. I bought so many books it's insane, but most at very good prices. I even bought a second copy of White Cube so Brecht van den Broucke could put a drawing in there. Great guy btw and I encourage you all to buy that book that D&Q published earlier this year. Anyway this is what I got...

This batch is all in English

The Andreas' Arq books are not translated, but the Moebius books are.

White Cube here was published by D&Q like I said. Snow has no words but looks fantastic, you should get it! Joost Swarte's Bijna Compleet was published by Fantagraphics as Is That All There Is? and De maagd en de neger was published by SelfMadeHero as Dancing In The Light Of The Moon.
    Nice! I'm going tomorrow, hope it's nice, it's my first time
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

IMG_20140601_010525.jpg

Latest Amazon haul. Took about three weeks to arrive to Peru.

Daytripper is such a gorgeous book.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-31-2014 at 11:09 PM.

De maagd en de neger was published by SelfMadeHero as Dancing In The Light Of The Moon.
    Well that's the lamest translation I've ever heard of hah
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

May purchases : Volume #1

SAM_0232.jpgSAM_0233.jpgSAM_0234.jpg

Amazing Member

and Volume #2

SAM_0230.jpg SAM_0237.jpg

Criminal, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen & Dragonalce Chronicles are Spanish editions.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Well that's the lamest translation I've ever heard of hah
    Yeah I guess if they'd literally translated that to English it'd cause quite the controversy. Picked up anything nice in Haarlem? I went back with my dad today and got a couple more books. I'll post them later...

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    and Volume #2

Criminal, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen & Dragonalce Chronicles are Spanish editions.
    Pretty awesome selection. Well done! Daytripper is amazing!!

Yeah I guess if they'd literally translated that to English it'd cause quite the controversy. Picked up anything nice in Haarlem? I went back with my dad today and got a couple more books. I'll post them later...

I did! It was great, never knew there was a con this big in Holland. I was able to restrain myself a bit so I only bought a few books, The Squadron supreme omnibus (from Chris from Cheap-comics.com, very cool guy), Wildcats vol 2 vol 2 (2nd trade from vol 2, also from Chris), Zero vol 1 and Suicide squad vol 1 by Ostrander (really excited I finally got this for a good price). I'll post some pics later. I'm definitely going again in 2 years and clear up my budget the month before so I can buy more. It's like comic book heaven there. And Daytripper is indeed amazing.

Fantastic Member

Some new Dark horse HCs ina Amazon.com:

The new Gallery edition book
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Time...k+horse+comics

http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Kurtzma...k+horse+comics

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Logic-DA...k+horse+comics

And btw did somebody picked up the second Tanpopo book from BOOM! and if yes - opinion and pictures would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    and Volume #2

You obviously have great taste! A fine selection of stories!

My comic con score:
    2014-06-01 21.12.17.jpg
    20140601_210847.jpg
    And I met someone who wants to sell me his Age of Apocalypse omnibus for 60 euros so that will be also be added to the list soon

My Haarlem con loot: An "A suivre" special (exclusive stories by Moebius, Bess and Maruo), The two original Sandman hardcovers that I was still missing to complete the set, three "Franka" signed deluxe editions, new Philemon by Fred, "Snow" with a dedication, Extra copy of "White Cube" with a dedication, new edition of Schrauwens "Old Boy" and a copy of his minicomic "Greys".

I also got a new The Tjong Khing book with a dedication which I forgot to put in the photo pile, plus a dedication by Joost Swarte in one of his old books that I had with me

I see you got the entire 2nd ARQ cycle in one go, they were a steal at that price

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    My Haarlem con loot: An "A suivre" special (exclusive stories by Moebius, Bess and Maruo), The two original Sandman hardcovers that I was still missing to complete the set, three "Franka" signed deluxe editions, new Philemon by Fred, "Snow" with a dedication, Extra copy of "White Cube" with a dedication, new edition of Schrauwens "Old Boy" and a copy of his minicomic "Greys".

I also got a new The Tjong Khing book with a dedication which I forgot to put in the photo pile, plus a dedication by Joost Swarte in one of his old books that I had with me

http://i61.tinypic.com/rjpb82.jpg

I see you got the entire 2nd ARQ cycle in one go, they were a steal at that price
    Not entirely... but fixed volume 7 today.... Also went back to the Bries stand to get the new books by Wide Vercnocke en Dominique Goblet signed. Also grabbed Olivier Schrauwens The Man Who Grew His Beard. My Boy is next. That hardcover looks great. Can't wait for Fantagraphics' kickstarter by Olivier Schrauwen (Arsene Schrauwen) to get published, especially since CBR was raving about that book some time ago. Also got the new Okko, which makes me sad since there is only one more volume after this one...

Amazing Member

Thank you Martin. I'm looking forward to read it

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You obviously have great taste! A fine selection of stories!
    Yes,this forum has helped me to have this "great taste"