Page 575 of 865 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625675 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Heres a tricky one that I'm sure nobody would be able to help me with but I'll give it a shot.

Sonic The Hedgehog, in america, there was (and still is) the Archie sonic the hedgehog comic but over here in the UK we had a differet Sonic the Comic (STC) which had its own charecters, storylines and motivations (Super Sonic in the UK version was a dangerous beast like-being that Sonic was in a constant inner turmoil about letting loose, think a Bruce Banner/Hulk relationship) It stop general circulation probably around 15 years ago, some dedicated fans have been continuing the series online though. As far as I can tell theres no collected editions of the StC UK, plenty of the archie series, but none of the UK stuff. Does anyone know why? Is it a rights issue? Does the old publisher not have distribution rights to sonic comics in the UK anymore? Has the ownership of these comics transfered to another entity? Who do I need to contact to ask if there are any plans to publish collections of this material!

The Beano, Asterix and Sonic the Comic were my childhood years in comic book form and everytime I get a nostalgia pain for some of the old StC stuff theres nothing I can do about it

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Heres a tricky one that I'm sure nobody would be able to help me with but I'll give it a shot.
    Yes! So annoying!
    I'd totally buy that stuff.

Fantastic Member

Wow! Look what I've found. After all this time - Spawn Origins collection Book 10

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Wow! Look what I've found. After all this time - Spawn Origins collection Book 10
    Well it's about time. That story is horrid, but that art...man.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Soooo close to Hines run now...

Incredible Member

Not sure if this has been discussed, but a deluxe hardcover for The Fade Out by the Brubaker/Phillips team was solicited for October. Great news! I would urge anyone who has not read it to pick up the deluxe edition this fall!

All-New Member

what do you guys think is a better reading experience for the first time: animal man omnibus by morrison or uncanny x-men omnibus by claremont

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

X-Men. Awesome run by Claremont
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlow View Post
    what do you guys think is a better reading experience for the first time: animal man omnibus by morrison or uncanny x-men omnibus by claremont
    Claremont's X-Men by far

All-New Member

Oh damn good to know

Amazing Member

Claremont by a longshot.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

I love both BUT:
    -Claremont is really wordy which is not necessarily a bad thing but it can be a slog sometimes when the stories are not that good because...
    -...because some of the stories are just not that good. Nothing unreadable but not every issue is a Dark phoenix saga.
    -Morrison mostly tells one big story and the storytelling is more modern, so it's up to you which one you prefer. Also he experimented a lot with what he can do with the story and the character.
    -Cockrum and Byrne's art is amazing
    - Chaz Truog on the other hand... well, he tells the story, it's easy to follow and let's not talk about the rest

I honestly think it depends on what you are looking for. Animal Man is basically the beginnings of the Vertigo style storytelling, lots of personal stuff, family drama but it sort of feels a bit "been there done that" because since that book came out lot of other writers and titles did the same. Not saying it doesn't hold up but don't go into it expecting something mindblowing and revolutionary that can still blow you away in 2016.

That said, X-men is even more dated but as far as bronze age superhero books go it's one of the bests but in my humble opinion it is just that (social messages included), a damn good superhero book.

I love Morrison and read Animal man twice and enjoyed it the second time more. And I could start reading it right now and enjoy it just as much.
    X-men, I've read it since I was 7 or 8 and can't look at it without nostalgia but I think it is objectively a good book but can't really say "oh Claremont for sure" especially without knowing what YOU like.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I love both BUT:
    -Claremont is really wordy which is not necessarily a bad thing but it can be a slog sometimes when the stories are not that good because...
    -...because some of the stories are just not that good. Nothing unreadable but not every issue is a Dark phoenix saga.
    -Morrison mostly tells one big story and the storytelling is more modern, so it's up to you which one you prefer. Also he experimented a lot with what he can do with the story and the character.
    -Cockrum and Byrne's art is amazing
    - Chaz Truog on the other hand... well, he tells the story, it's easy to follow and let's not talk about the rest

I honestly think it depends on what you are looking for. Animal Man is basically the beginnings of the Vertigo style storytelling, lots of personal stuff, family drama but it sort of feels a bit "been there done that" because since that book came out lot of other writers and titles did the same. Not saying it doesn't hold up but don't go into it expecting something mindblowing and revolutionary that can still blow you away in 2016.

That said, X-men is even more dated but as far as bronze age superhero books go it's one of the bests but in my humble opinion it is just that (social messages included), a damn good superhero book.

I love Morrison and read Animal man twice and enjoyed it the second time more. And I could start reading it right now and enjoy it just as much.
    X-men, I've read it since I was 7 or 8 and can't look at it without nostalgia but I think it is objectively a good book but can't really say "oh Claremont for sure" especially without knowing what YOU like.
    Good summary.

I decided to buy Doom Patrol omnibusand Uncanny X-men omnibus vol.1 that way I can get the best of both worlds. Will pick up animal man later this year

Spectacular Member

Just finished the first volume of Prince valiant on Balakin and LordJulius' recommendation, and I loved it! Anyone that wants to try it bit is worried about it being like silver age comics needs to understand that is was in a newspaper, and probably aimed at an older audience. It reads like a novel, so if you are OK reading the hobbit or something similar youll be fine.

On a side note I was looking into the ec archives by dark horse, but some of the books are published by gemstone only, I was curious how they look together on the shelf.

Finally, John Byrne gets a Alpha Flight Omnibus!

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Flight-...2FJ3916GN73J4A