Page 579 of 865 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 12974

Stuff I got last week

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Stuff I got last week

Excellent stuff there. Have yet to get Bruno Brazil and Barbe Rouge. I also see that you Dutch got lucky as well having the nice new Tanguy et Laverdure collection. Sadly we only have the old edition over here.

Incredible Member

Latest:

Mighty Member

^Nice. Im debating getting the dcbs variant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:

Sewn binding???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Sewn binding???
    For those who hated the Black Science binding after the printing error fix, this should make them happier.

For reference: Black Science

Deadly Class

Incredible Member

Couple more. It is a very nice book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Nice. Im debating getting the dcbs variant or not.
    I think the standard cover looks cooler. The variant isn't the same as the first TPB cover, but it reminds me a lot of it so it makes it feel less interesting to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I think the standard cover looks cooler. The variant isn't the same as the first TPB cover, but it reminds me a lot of it so it makes it feel less interesting to me.
    Yeah I'm leaning towards that one. I like how the tiltle is more pronounced down the side as well. Although all the kids being on the other is nice.

Deadly Class is a blind buy for me. I do not like Remender's Marvel, but I really, really dig his independent stuff. I wrapped up the Black Science book a few weeks ago (another blind buy) and loved it. Can't wait for Vol. 2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Deadly Class is a blind buy for me. I do not like Remender's Marvel, but I really, really dig his independent stuff. I wrapped up the Black Science book a few weeks ago (another blind buy) and loved it. Can't wait for Vol. 2.
    Yeah his own stuff is amazing. I'll always buy whatever he creates. The Marvel stuff I can live without. But then, that's how I feel about most of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Excellent stuff there. Have yet to get Bruno Brazil and Barbe Rouge. I also see that you Dutch got lucky as well having the nice new Tanguy et Laverdure collection. Sadly we only have the old edition over here.
    I don't know how the old editions are but these new Tanguy and Lavadure collections are indeed very nice. I have to say that my appreciation of Jije has risen quite a bit after reading the Tanguy and Barbe Rouge stories he drew. His art is way more expressive than what I remembered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Deadly Class is a high quality comic book that I don't particularly care for. I see the craftsmanship in it. I don't deny that the character work and action are terrific. I just don't like any of the characters or the overwhelming sense of depression. I stopped reading the series after 7 or 8 issues, but I am tempted to give it another shot. Problem is, there are so many books on my list that I think I would rather get first (Sixth Gun, Fear Agent, JSA Omnis, Valiant hardcovers, Morning Glories, etc.) that it will be a long time before I do get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Deadly Class is a high quality comic book that I don't particularly care for. I see the craftsmanship in it. I don't deny that the character work and action are terrific. I just don't like any of the characters or the overwhelming sense of depression. I stopped reading the series after 7 or 8 issues, but I am tempted to give it another shot. Problem is, there are so many books on my list that I think I would rather get first (Sixth Gun, Fear Agent, JSA Omnis, Valiant hardcovers, Morning Glories, etc.) that it will be a long time before I do get it.
    all excellent choices. (I haven't read the others you cited.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Deadly Class is a high quality comic book that I don't particularly care for. I see the craftsmanship in it. I don't deny that the character work and action are terrific. I just don't like any of the characters or the overwhelming sense of depression. I stopped reading the series after 7 or 8 issues, but I am tempted to give it another shot.
    I am 4 issues in and I can see what you mean. It is relentlessly dark. Very different than Remender's other recent work. Main character is very unlikeable especially after his first assignment - completely wiped out any sympathy I may have felt for his plight. That said, I do enjoy it. It has a very Paul Pope feel to it. The entire thing - writing, art, tone - is very Pope inspired. Probably why I like it.