Page 58 of 865 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I noticed that there was only one external pic of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Box Set in the thread, so here are a few internal shots (not amazing quality) that I took with my phone some time ago:

20140212_125833.jpg
    20140212_125714.jpg
    20140212_125626.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I noticed that there was only one external pic of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Box Set in the thread, so here are a few internal shots (not amazing quality) that I took with my phone some time ago:

20140212_125833.jpg
    20140212_125714.jpg
    20140212_125626.jpg

Can I ask your opinion on the book as a whole story wise? Does it offer anything over the movie as far as extra story or detail?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Can I ask your opinion on the book as a whole story wise? Does it offer anything over the movie as far as extra story or detail?
    It's vastly different than the film, much more expansive in story depth and character development. It's just as different as Akira is from the manga to the film.

Does anyone know why Valiant's deluxe books don't come out when they are solicited? Archer and Armstrong, Bloodshot were scheduled for release and on the day of they were unavailable or listed as OOS on both IST and CGN. Harbinger Wars was listed as coming out last week on CGN and it's not available. However, the date Amazon lists seems to be the real release date. It's just unusual for Amazon to have the earliest release date.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'd love to answer, but I haven't yet read it. It's near the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It's vastly different than the film, much more expansive in story depth and character development. It's just as different as Akira is from the manga to the film.
    Thanks ER

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Oh wow, thanks for the feedback. Now I'm motivated to get my hands on it.

Oh wow, thanks for the feedback. Now I'm motivated to get my hands on it.
    The two hardcover slipcase is also pretty awesome.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anybody got the Invincible Ultimate hc's? Got a chance of buying the first 6, are they any good
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The film is made up of about the first half of the first book. So 3/4 of it is stuff the film doesn't touch. Much like Akira.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anybody got the Invincible Ultimate hc's? Got a chance of buying the first 6, are they any good
    I only have the compendium, but I will buy the hc-s when I will have enough money. I love Invincible!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I only have the compendium, but I will buy the hc-s when I will have enough money. I love Invincible!
    Depends how much shelf space you want to take up really. My friend has all the Ultimate a Collections so far for Invincible and they take up a lot of shelf space. Been meaning to pick up the Compendiums myself.

image.jpg

Some new arrivals. I'm probably boring most of y'all with stuff you already have, but just in case there are guys out there who are looking for ideas on stuff to read.

This will commence my second reading of Y - The Last Man, which I've decided (after already going through Vol. 1) is probably in my top 3 favourite stories of all time.

It also looks like Marvel has finally done the impossible: created a truly easy jumping-on point for people who wanted to get into the convoluted X-Men universe. I think House of M was their first attempt, but this new effort is more doable for me.

[edit] Is it just me or is that Batman cape a little long?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Spectacular Member

Since we're talking about Speedyhen, I ordered Absolute Top 10 on Saturday through Amazon (36 pounds with delivery), shipped on Sunday and arrived today. Can't for them to start shipping from their own website!
    Package was of good quality as well, lots of newspaper and the book was inside another box.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah, Invincible is a super fun read! You can tell that Kirkman has a lot of fun writing this series. It's a lot "brighter" (if that makes sense) than the gloom and doom awesomeness of The Walking Dead, but it can be just as violent at times. I've got all 8 and - with the exception of the more recent ones - I think I picked all of them up here and there for $10 or cheaper (not necessarily counting shipping).