Page 582 of 865 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 12974

And Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    usually adventure stories involve some kind of romance though. which one explores their past? Might get that next.
    So, finally found some time:

- the first ever stories (the three-part "Secret of the Swordfish") introduce the characters, but overall say little about their past.
    - the two-part "Sarcophagi of the Sixth Continent" has major flashbacks from Mortimer's past in India (IIRC a large part of the first album is taken up by this)
    - and: "The Oath of the Five Lords" is supposed to deal with Blake's past (though I haven't read this volume yet)

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So, finally found some time:

- the first ever stories (the three-part "Secret of the Swordfish") introduce the characters, but overall say little about their past.
    - the two-part "Sarcophagi of the Sixth Continent" has major flashbacks from Mortimer's past in India (IIRC a large part of the first album is taken up by this)
    - and: "The Oath of the Five Lords" is supposed to deal with Blake's past (though I haven't read this volume yet)
    thanks! Gonna look them up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    And Killing Joke.

Would love to meet Bolland one day.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Fantastic Member

From the Image solicitations:

ALEX + ADA: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION DELUXE EDITION HC
    STORY: JONATHAN LUNA & SARAH VAUGHN
    ART / COVER: JONATHAN LUNA
    NOVEMBER 16 / 376 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
    ADVANCE SOLICIT
    From JONATHAN LUNA (THE SWORD, GIRLS, Spider-Woman: Origin) and SARAH VAUGHN (Sparkshooter, Ruined) comes ALEX + ADA, a sci-fi drama set in the near future. The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids, but after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot and takes a huge risk to unlock Ada so she can think for herself and explore life as a sentient android. Can they survive the consequences?
    This oversized hardcover collects issues #1-15.

PLUTONA HC
    STORY: JEFF LEMIRE & EMI LENOX
    ART / COVER: EMI LENOX
    OCTOBER 5 / 144 PAGES / FC / T+ / $39.99
    Five kids discover the body of the world's greatest super hero, Plutona, in the woods after school one day. This discovery sends them on a dark journey that will threaten to tear apart their friendship and their lives. Collects PLUTONA #1-5 in a limited hardcover format edition.
    Collects PLUTONA #1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

ALEX + ADA: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION DELUXE EDITION HC
    STORY: JONATHAN LUNA & SARAH VAUGHN
    ART / COVER: JONATHAN LUNA
    NOVEMBER 16 / 376 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
    ADVANCE SOLICIT
    From JONATHAN LUNA (THE SWORD, GIRLS, Spider-Woman: Origin) and SARAH VAUGHN (Sparkshooter, Ruined) comes ALEX + ADA, a sci-fi drama set in the near future. The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids, but after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot and takes a huge risk to unlock Ada so she can think for herself and explore life as a sentient android. Can they survive the consequences?
    This oversized hardcover collects issues #1-15.

PLUTONA HC
    Five kids discover the body of the world's greatest super hero, Plutona, in the woods after school one day. This discovery sends them on a dark journey that will threaten to tear apart their friendship and their lives. Collects PLUTONA #1-5 in a limited hardcover format edition.
    Collects PLUTONA #1-5
    Alex and Ada I'm getting but the Plutona is really over priced. I was going to get it but I may just wait for a reasonably priced trade.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

PLUTONA HC
    Collects PLUTONA #1-5
    That's strange CGN has this released for order this week as well as a TPB. I was going to ask some opinions. Is this an ongoing? I don't really want to start another ongoing, but might consider a one and done if it's good.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    That's strange CGN has this released for order this week as well as a TPB. I was going to ask some opinions. Is this an ongoing? I don't really want to start another ongoing, but might consider a one and done if it's good.
    It's a 5 issue miniseries, but I would describe it more as adequate and unmemorable than good. Alex + Ada on the other hand is one of my favorite series in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    It's a 5 issue miniseries, but I would describe it more as adequate and unmemorable than good. Alex + Ada on the other hand is one of my favorite series in the last 5 years.
    Yeah it isn't worth the $40 for the HC maybe $10-15 for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Yeah it isn't worth the $40 for the HC maybe $10-15 for the trade.
    I second that.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised to see Plutonia announced as an HC. I can see enjoying it for the price of a trade; but would be disappointed with reading it after spending an HC price.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I'm a fan from Lemire's work, but i don't think Plutona is among his best work... there are better titles coverting the same ground. Descender deserves more a cool HC!

Incredible Member

Thanks all for the input.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but amazon has bloodshot reborn listed. Not a surprise in any way that it was getting deluxed. No info on the solicitation about issues and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    OK, I have something special to show you. Already limited to 250 copies, my Judge Dredd book has been signed by Bolland and McMahon, it might be the only copy like that.

And some other stuff.

Jealous for the Cursed Earth uncensored. They were only signing, not even a small sketch?

Haul from the past couple of weeks: