Page 583 of 865 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 12974
    Mighty Member

I know I'm in the minority, but i enjoyed that 2nd thor hc as much as the first.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but i enjoyed that 2nd thor hc as much as the first.
    Agreed. The whole first run of Aaron / Ribic is enjoyable the whole way through.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Agreed. The whole first run of Aaron / Ribic is enjoyable the whole way through.
    Absolutely! Great read!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Haul from the past couple of weeks:

that just reminded me that I should get some Modesty Blaise. So I did. Always enjoy your hauls even when half of them are not available in english.
    Btw: do you have any Russ Manning Tarzan? Googled it and looked really freakin' good so I got a volume.

It was a great read. Not sure if I liked it more than the first but certainly it was a great follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that just reminded me that I should get some Modesty Blaise. So I did. Always enjoy your hauls even when half of them are not available in english.
    Btw: do you have any Russ Manning Tarzan? Googled it and looked really freakin' good so I got a volume.
    Great choice getting Modesty Blaise.

I got one volume of Manning's Tarzan. It is fun but a bit out there, i.e. there is a greater fantasy element than with Foster's or Hogarth's Tarzan. So if you don't mind that, you should be fine.

Good to know. Really enjoyed vol. 1.

Spectacular Member

Hey all,

How does Powers hold compared to Gotham Central? Considering pulling the trigger on the HCs, but don't know much about the series apart from praises here and there.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey all,

How does Powers hold compared to Gotham Central? Considering pulling the trigger on the HCs, but don't know much about the series apart from praises here and there.
    Thanks!
    Powers was sort of an inspiration to GC but I think GC is better but that doesn't mean Powers is bad. Really engaging ead but be prepared for Bendis talk (although it works much better with his own characters than with established ones).
    If you are going for the deal on cheap-comics I would say DO IT! that's a great price and the ohc-s are much better than the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Great choice getting Modesty Blaise.

I got one volume of Manning's Tarzan. It is fun but a bit out there, i.e. there is a greater fantasy element than with Foster's or Hogarth's Tarzan. So if you don't mind that, you should be fine.
    I don't think that would be a problem. I almost got all of them I liked the artwork so much based on some googling but I made the adult decision and just gt the cheapest volume I could find and read it as soon as it arrives to see if I should get the rest.
    So I spent the money on Modesty, Prince Valiant and Blake & Mortimer instead. So adult...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Powers was sort of an inspiration to GC but I think GC is better but that doesn't mean Powers is bad. Really engaging ead but be prepared for Bendis talk (although it works much better with his own characters than with established ones).
    If you are going for the deal on cheap-comics I would say DO IT! that's a great price and the ohc-s are much better than the omnibus.
    Thanks for the reply! Yep, read the anecdote about GC on the wiki page, which is why I really want to get these!

Never read anything by Bendis which is why I'm on the fence. Ultimately, I think the deal will be too enticing to passed, though!

Thanks for the reply! Yep, read the anecdote about GC on the wiki page, which is why I really want to get these!

Never read anything by Bendis which is why I'm on the fence. Ultimately, I think the deal will be too enticing to passed, though!
    It was either in this thread or in an other one maybe a day or two ago that some of us agreed Powers is among Bendis' best work along with DD and alias, I would say those two are better but Powers is a great introduction to his writing and a really solid series.
    But check the artstyle out first, Oeming isn't necessarily everybody's cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the rest of Aaron's run (I actually believe he may still be on the book)? Mainly curious about the Lady Thor stuff that has been solicited as an OHC.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the rest of Aaron's run (I actually believe he may still be on the book)? Mainly curious about the Lady Thor stuff that has been solicited as an OHC.

I do. I was ticked when they replaced the Odinson with a new Thor, but I tried it anyway and I really like it. It's good stuff. I would recommend it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I loved that initial run of Powers probably more so than GC, which I also think is great