Page 587 of 865 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah i was hoping we'd see one by now. I think v3 came out last Nov. With the series finished i expected them to release the hc's more quickly. As a side note, i spoke to the guys at heroescon and they will be collecting the mini's in the hc's as well, starting with the next volume, which would give us 7 volumes (I think) when it's all said and done.
    Volume 4 probably won't come Out until all the trades or small hardcovers come out. I'm fairly certain volume 4 will be the final volume.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I read the first lot of Crossed. What goes through Ennis' head and how does he make me enjoy it?!

I think the most effective thing is how it switches from hilarious (all the people jumping out of the airliner landing in the car park of a shopping centre) to the absolute most horrific, violent and disgusting stuff I've ever seen. A few issues in to the second volume by David Lapham. Who knew it could get more repulsive? Ha ha.
    I've heard the stuff after Ennis isn't so great. Let us know your thoughts as you finish them!

Ennis makes it work by drawing compelling characters and finding the very real human drama in his absurdly ridiculous, over-the-top horrific and disgusting scenarios. Preacher is a love story. So is The Boys. That's their secret.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Jealous for the Cursed Earth uncensored. They were only signing, not even a small sketch?
    oops, I have mixed up the cursed earth uncensored with your picture of the special edition of complete case file. Both are really nicely built books. Here is a full description of the special edition of the cursed earth uncensored (not signed by Bolland nor McMahon ):
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ored.html#more

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Volume 4 probably won't come Out until all the trades or small hardcovers come out. I'm fairly certain volume 4 will be the final volume.
    Well in order for that to happen it would mean a) they go against what they've been doing by collecting two trades per hc and b) they straight up lied to my face. I'm not sure what makes you so "fairly certain", but it would take 5 hc's (or an unusually large 4th) to collect just the main series at the rate they're going even if they didn't inform me of their plans to collect all the related material.
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-03-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I've heard the stuff after Ennis isn't so great. Let us know your thoughts as you finish them!

Ennis makes it work by drawing compelling characters and finding the very real human drama in his absurdly ridiculous, over-the-top horrific and disgusting scenarios. Preacher is a love story. So is The Boys. That's their secret.
    What I've read so far is just as uncomfortably disgusting but I'd say the characters are developed a little better in Lapham's volume. I saw on some Amazon reviews that the second volume is just nasty for shock value in comparison to Ennis' issues but I don't feel that way at all. It's kind of like they're giving Ennis the benefit of the doubt because they know he's done extreme stuff before.

Got my Rachel Rising omni and print today. Kind of not sure if I want to open and get fingerprints all over it!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Got my Rachel Rising omni and print today. Kind of not sure if I want to open and get fingerprints all over it!
    OMG, my copy is on my US warehouse already. It's a pity I'll get only in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I think the second trade is ok, but what comes after is a bit repetitive (and the levels of gore and weirdness in Wish You Were Here are absurd haha). The Alan Moore Crossed+100 is interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I think the second trade is ok, but what comes after is a bit repetitive (and the levels of gore and weirdness in Wish You Were Here are absurd haha). The Alan Moore Crossed+100 is interesting!!
    Gotta say, I really don't see how the gore and weirdness has more levels than what the first volume set up for the rest. I don't think I really want to discover another level to be honest lol.

Mighty Member

For those interested, i just came across this quote from Oni press online from 2015 in regards to the sixth gun hc's:

@Seeleyone Direct from the folks at Oni:
    "The Sixth Gun creators and folks at Oni Press are hard at work on the hardcover editions - The Sixth Gun series is still coming out monthly, with a projected end at issue #50 in early 2016. In total, there will be 6 hardcover collections, in both standard and limited edition Gunslinger varieties, and so far, Oni Press has released the first two hardcovers, with the third being released later this year in November. They're hoping to have all 6 hardcovers [covering all 50 issues of the series and mini-series, alongside a veritable treasure trove of extras] done and released by the end of 2017"

Fantastic Member

does anybody know when the paperback edition will be released? i kinda cannot afford the hardcover, and i have SiP and Echo in paperback anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    does anybody know when the paperback edition will be released? i kinda cannot afford the hardcover, and i have SiP and Echo in paperback anyway.
    I'd say send him a tweet and you'll get a response quite fast; Moore is super active. I remember seeing a picture of both versions side by side, though no mention of price nor availability.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    I'd say send him a tweet and you'll get a response quite fast; Moore is super active. I remember seeing a picture of both versions side by side, though no mention of price nor availability.
    oh, thanks, didn't think of that

I found this on my comixology app today, I didn't even realise I had bought it. Two issues in and it is very good! I didn't really enjoy SiP but this is very much my type of book. I'm hoping that there is a hardcover collected edition soon. One on general release that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I found this on my comixology app today, I didn't even realise I had bought it. Two issues in and it is very good! I didn't really enjoy SiP but this is very much my type of book. I'm hoping that there is a hardcover collected edition soon. One on general release that is.
    there is it's just didn't really reach the UK yet. Like the Byrne Avengers omni -_-

Did you finish SiP btw?