Page 59 of 865 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, Invincible is a super fun read! You can tell that Kirkman has a lot of fun writing this series. It's a lot "brighter" (if that makes sense) than the gloom and doom awesomeness of The Walking Dead, but it can be just as violent at times. I've got all 8 and - with the exception of the more recent ones - I think I picked all of them up here and there for $10 or cheaper (not necessarily counting shipping).
    I already read some bits of Invincible so when I saw someone who sold the first 6 for €60 I couldn't say no. How are the books themselves? Normal OHC size? Good binding etc.?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Does anyone know why Valiant's deluxe books don't come out when they are solicited? Archer and Armstrong, Bloodshot were scheduled for release and on the day of they were unavailable or listed as OOS on both IST and CGN. Harbinger Wars was listed as coming out last week on CGN and it's not available. However, the date Amazon lists seems to be the real release date. It's just unusual for Amazon to have the earliest release date.
    I guess this is due to Valiant's size; they're, after all, a small publisher.

They're oversized. My bindings seem fine.

Incredible Member

Latest haul. I can't remember if I posted some of these already but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest haul. I can't remember if I posted some of these already but whatever.

How is Arkham Asylum? I was thinking of maybe picking that one up myself.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    How is Arkham Asylum? I was thinking of maybe picking that one up myself.
    Haven't read it yet but the production is nice. It's got that matte dj that Veryigo has been using a lot lately for their Deluxes. I'll probably read it after I get through Fear Agent. The art is pretty decent despite having three different artists. I put some interior photos up on the DC HC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Haven't read it yet but the production is nice. It's got that matte dj that Veryigo has been using a lot lately for their Deluxes. I'll probably read it after I get through Fear Agent. The art is pretty decent despite having three different artists. I put some interior photos up on the DC HC thread.
    Ok I'll go check 'em out. Thanks!
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

New today...

"Wat wij moeten weten" by Willy Linthout is available in English as of this week too as "What we need to know". The author was also nominated for an Eisner for his book "Years of the Elephant". "What we need to know" is published in hardcover by Conundrum.

After a week of vacation and a couple busy weeks at work, I had some catching up to do. Got 3 IST orders today with the last couple weeks worth of books.

Not pictured is the Annihilation Omnibus (which I am going to start reading tonight )

Still on the way are Batman (Nu52) vol. 4, Aquaman (Nu52) vol. 4, Iron Man (Marvel NOW!) vol. 4, Uncanny X-Men (Marvel NOW!) vol. 3, and The Trail of Jean Grey.

IMG_20140605_130141.jpg

IMG_20140605_130330.jpg

IMG_20140605_130520.jpg
    Last edited by mike1981; 06-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    After a week of vacation and a couple busy weeks at work, I had some catching up to do. Got 3 IST orders today with the last couple weeks worth of books.

Not pictured is the Annihilation Omnibus (which I am going to start reading tonight )

Still on the way are Batman (Nu52) vol. 4, Aquaman (Nu52) vol. 4, Iron Man (Marvel NOW!) vol. 4, Uncanny X-Men (Marvel NOW!) vol. 3, and The Trail of Jean Grey.

Attachment 3421

Attachment 3422

Attachment 3423
    None of your attachments work.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Attachment 2697

Just got my new Kallax shelf from Ikea! They didn't make 5x5 yet, so I'm hoping it'll be enough! Here's the before pic.. Will put in an after pic later!
    So my wife's going to be getting me one of these for Father's Day since her bookcase I stole from her isn't really cutting it anymore. About how long did it take to put together? Was it a real pain?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    So my wife's going to be getting me one of these for Father's Day since her bookcase I stole from her isn't really cutting it anymore. About how long did it take to put together? Was it a real pain?
    Nope everything was very easy to put together! I had help from my grandpa, but it took maybe 30 mins? Not difficult at all! I recommend having one helper, at least to help lift it lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Wow. And BTW if you're wondering where to put the Crawl space and Archer and Armstrong fotos - this is the place

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New today...
    Hey Martin, are you yet officially out of space?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Wow. And BTW if you're wondering where to put the Crawl space and Archer and Armstrong fotos - this is the place

Yeah I would also love some Archer & Armstrong and Crawl space pics! How is Crawl space btw? I really like Remender but have yet to try his horror stuff
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Nope, though I have moved all books to a separate room now and bought some new elements for my Ikea Bestå It's now 3 meters wide and about 2.5 meters high.