Page 603 of 865 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 12974
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Has anybody seen the new From Hell HC somewhere? Is there any increase in quality regarding binding, reproduction, etc? It might be the right time to upgrade my paperback.

I mainly ask because IDW's stuff is usually top notch, but am not sure if the "old" Top Shelf HC was also made by IDW.
    Also interested in this, but mainly if the paper quality is better than the previous hardback, which is basically tissue paper (like actually, though) and totally sucks.

Don't think I would find The Boys definitive editon vol 3 for decent money. What editions should I get to fill this gap and just read missing isssues, I believe 31-38.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Don't think I would find The Boys definitive editon vol 3 for decent money. What editions should I get to fill this gap and just read missing isssues, I believe 31-38.
    Yes as well as 1-4 of Herogasm which was a limited series.

Damn, didn't realize this was asking so much. Try calling a few local comic shops, they may have one, especially near bigger cities

What's the best/most complete way to read Zot! nowadays?

Hello guys, I will be in Amsterdam in the end of the week, could you recommend me any comicbook stores?Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Damn, didn't realize this was asking so much. Try calling a few local comic shops, they may have one, especially near bigger cities

What's the best/most complete way to read Zot! nowadays?
    either the complete tpb or the hc version. Haven't checked prices in like 2-3 years but the hc is probably more expensive while back then I got the tpb for like 5-6 quid.
    There were a series that's not collected in the chunky trade but honestly you don't need it. While Zot! is great as a whole the best stuff is in the second half of the trade and I honestly don't need anything written before this book.
    Not saying the first half is bad but it is fairly standard fun superhero silliness which gets slapped in the face by real life halfway through. The issue about one of the characters dealing with being gay is beautiful.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    Hello guys, I will be in Amsterdam in the end of the week, could you recommend me any comicbook stores?Thanks a lot!
    CIA Comics.
    They have 2 stores, which are both worth a visit.
    Zeedijk 31 (Mostly new stuff) & Keizersgracht 190 (New stuff & back issues)

No question...Lambiek

https://www.lambiek.net

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    either the complete tpb or the hc version. Haven't checked prices in like 2-3 years but the hc is probably more expensive while back then I got the tpb for like 5-6 quid.
    There were a series that's not collected in the chunky trade but honestly you don't need it. While Zot! is great as a whole the best stuff is in the second half of the trade and I honestly don't need anything written before this book.
    Not saying the first half is bad but it is fairly standard fun superhero silliness which gets slapped in the face by real life halfway through. The issue about one of the characters dealing with being gay is beautiful.
    Thanks, I'll look into them. I'm kind of a completionist though....

Somebody's planning to get Jerusalem by Aan Moore? Gosh is selling HC with stricly limited bookplate from today, no mail orders, and I think I'm gonna grab it. Don't want to read it, but I might trade it for soemthing OOP in future.

I got my copy a few days ago. Its about the size of the biggest Harry Potter so I wasnt that taken aback by its supposed huge size. Then I noticed the pages are almost like tracing paper thickness, so yeah... thats a lot of words. :/
    Looking forward to cracking into it once Ive got through my to read pile though.

Aside from Lambiek I'd recommend "Het beeldverhaal". It's a bit more out of the way than the other stores but well worth the time.

edit:

The American Book Center on Spui als has a large collection of TPB's & HC's on the second floor.
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 09-13-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I got my copy a few days ago. Its about the size of the biggest Harry Potter so I wasnt that taken aback by its supposed huge size. Then I noticed the pages are almost like tracing paper thickness, so yeah... thats a lot of words. :/
    Looking forward to cracking into it once Ive got through my to read pile though.
    My copy is on its way. It will be a big challenge for me to read it as Morre litterary English can be rather difficult at times (in France the chosen translator has planned one year to do the translation).

Ok, got my copy, only 500 bookplates have been made. Let me know if somebody is interested for trade.

Also have visited FP and they have sale for The Boys. Had to get those two, at least I can continue my read with the series.

Last edited by lvizzz; 09-13-2016 at 09:56 AM.

All-New Member

I have been on the hunt for this for forever. I finally found it, but the guy would only sell it as a set. So I ended up getting doubles of a few definitive editions. Now, not only do I have 1-6, but I also have a duplicate 1,2,4,5,& 6. 5 was just as hard to find for a while.