Page 605 of 865 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Try Smoke and Mirrors (if you want to give him another shot) which is a short story collection or Anansi boy which is a spin off to American gods but IMHO better and much more light hearted. Although I tend to like Gaiman's prose anyway and I think The Ocean at the End of the Lane was fantastic, it's not my favourite. Donno, I just like how he writes and love to listen to him reading his own work.
    Oh I could listen to Gaiman talk for hours. Maybe I should've bought the audiobook of The Ocean at the End of the Lane instead. I'll add Smoke and Mirrors to my wishlist. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Don't think that has been mentioned but he has also written at least one Doctor Who episodes (which was a pretty good one for me). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor%27s_Wife

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yup. I use an easel as well:

me too, thanks to lordjulius =)

see my signature link below.

these are the ones i use

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Don't think that has been mentioned but he has also written at least one Doctor Who episodes (which was a pretty good one for me). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor%27s_Wife
    he wrote two so far, The Doctor's wife which is a fantastic episode and Nightmare in silver which was a huge letdown especially after The Doctor's wife. Hopefully he will return for at least another one that will save his reputation as a DW writer (although The Doctor's wife is soooo good I kind of forgive Nightmare).

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I haven't read any new Gaiman novels but even his kids books are great. Coralline is such a creepy funny story with a terrific heroine. I remember loving American Gods and I think Smoke and Mirrors has a scary Snow White story. Oh my god and Sandman Overture somehow managed to be terrific!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 09-16-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Ok, got my copy, only 500 bookplates have been made. Let me know if somebody is interested for trade.

Also have visited FP and they have sale for The Boys. Had to get those two, at least I can continue my read with the series.

Hi Ivizzz.
    I have received my bookplate edition today from Gosh! (ordered in June), but the bookplate was absent . I have contacted them but while I wait for a response, I would like to know if you still got your copy, in case they will not be able to fulfill their engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I haven't read any new Gaiman novels but even his kids books are great. Coralline is such a creepy funny story with a terrific heroine. I remember loving American Gods and I think Smoke and Mirrors has a scary Snow White story. Oh my god and Sandman Overture somehow managed to be terrific!
    Yeah the Snow White story is called Snow, glass, apples and it is really good I think that was my favourite from the collection.

Incredible Member

Latest:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:

Would be interested in your opinion on The Wrenchies, once you'll have read it.

I bought it on release and somewhat enjoyed it, especially for the art and characters but I feel I missed something about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:

How's the Massive?

Spectacular Member

Guys, any strong feelings on Rachel Rising omni? Build of the book, etc.

Considering biting the bullet at around 100EUR... Thanks!

Latest:

The big Tintin book is amazing. It is almost 800 pages long, contains tons of articles, letters etc. from the whole run of the magazine and - most importantly - about 600 pages of short stories by some of the most famous European artists like Franquin, Herge, Herrmann, Vance etc. And it only cost €39.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Would be interested in your opinion on The Wrenchies, once you'll have read it.

I bought it on release and somewhat enjoyed it, especially for the art and characters but I feel I missed something about the story.
    Yeah the art really appealed to me. I'll definitely put my two cents in when done.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    How's the Massive?
    It's good... but it's a really really slow boil. Tell you the truth, after the first book... not really sure if anything happened lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Guys, any strong feelings on Rachel Rising omni? Build of the book, etc.

Considering biting the bullet at around 100EUR... Thanks!
    everyone is raving about it in the Omnibus collector FB group although someone here mentioned it that the book feels a bit cheap. It probably had a low print run and once it's gone it's gone and we will get a tpb edition later like with other Moore books.

100 euros might be a bit much though. I've preordered mine from Forbidden Planet 2 days before release day and it went on backorder but they just despatched it today and it was only 46.5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest:

The big Tintin book is amazing. It is almost 800 pages long, contains tons of articles, letters etc. from the whole run of the magazine and - most importantly - about 600 pages of short stories by some of the most famous European artists like Franquin, Herge, Herrmann, Vance etc. And it only cost €39.
    damn that upper row is impressive! Donno what the right hand side one is but based on the cover it looks intriguing.