Page 61 of 865 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Just a heads up that the forum name has been tweaked to Classic Comics & Collected Editions, if you sub to the threads you may not notice but I reckon it's a lot better than just Classics & Collected.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I am! I have it pre-ordered through amazon since 10 November and it's price is locked now at < £42!
    Very nice! I'm excited for this release as I've wanted both Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron and Ghost World. Now I can have them in a nifty hardcover slip-cased edition. I can't wait until it gets released. I hope IST has a big discount on it when it comes out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Very nice! I'm excited for this release as I've wanted both Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron and Ghost World. Now I can have them in a nifty hardcover slip-cased edition. I can't wait until it gets released. I hope IST has a big discount on it when it comes out.
    I plan on getting it from IST too. That and witzend are the two big collections im most excited for this year.

Looks like Book Depository has come through on Metabarons Genesis: Castaka and they have some left in stock if anyone is looking. It's cheaper than when I placed my order too.

Anybody recommend the Invincible collections? Is it worth trying to track down the library editions vs. the ultimate editions?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Anybody recommend the Invincible collections? Is it worth trying to track down the library editions vs. the ultimate editions?
    I've ordered the ultimate collections 1-6 and it should arrive monday, I can give you some pics if you like
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

I highly recommend the ultimate editions.
    Good stories and good presentation.

it seems like that they won't put out any more Librrary editions of Invincible, so you won't have a complete collection. If you have a shelf ocd or something similar, I say go for the Ultimate collections.

New this week:

- Lots of Moebius. Gorgeous artwork - goes without saying
    - Nobrow 9 (to finally see what all the fuss is about)
    - "Auf den Spuren Rogers" - French BD about French POWs during WW II; based on the diary of (I think) the author's grandad
    - Ant Colony - also to see what everyone's been raving about
    - Vita Obscura - a collection of Sunday page- style comics about obscure historical persons and events by Simon Schwartz, one of Germany's best new comic artists/writers; he really experiments with the structure of the pages/panels here

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I've ordered the ultimate collections 1-6 and it should arrive monday, I can give you some pics if you like
    Yeah, that'd be awesome if you can post some pics. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    I highly recommend the ultimate editions.
    Good stories and good presentation.
    Over the library editions? Or, just in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it seems like that they won't put out any more Librrary editions of Invincible, so you won't have a complete collection. If you have a shelf ocd or something similar, I say go for the Ultimate collections.
    For sure? That would definitely sway which way I want to go if it's confirmed.

Was the Savage Dragon Ultimate Collection ever re-solicited?

For sure? That would definitely sway which way I want to go if it's confirmed.
    Hm, I was convinced that they won't do any more, because the last one was almost 3 years ago, but I started counting the pages and the issues collected in the library editions, and it is possible that they are just waiting for enough issues to be published so they can be collected in a library edition.
    But I would say, go for the ultimate collections. Invincible is a never ending soap opera and it could be frustrating to wait 2-3 years between Library editions.

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Was the Savage Dragon Ultimate Collection ever re-solicited?
    Yeah, then cancelled again, then resolicited, then cancelled, and so on...I'll believe it when i see it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Hm, I was convinced that they won't do any more, because the last one was almost 3 years ago, but I started counting the pages and the issues collected in the library editions, and it is possible that they are just waiting for enough issues to be published so they can be collected in a library edition.
    But I would say, go for the ultimate collections. Invincible is a never ending soap opera and it could be frustrating to wait 2-3 years between Library editions.
    The ultimate collections collect 12 issues, or two tpbs, and come out roughly a year after that last issue is released, the library editions collect 24 issues, or two ultimate collections, and come out way after that second ultimate collection is released.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah, then cancelled again, then resolicited, then cancelled, and so on...I'll believe it when i see it haha
    Pretty frustrating. If they can collect Spawn how hard is it to collect this?

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Pretty frustrating. If they can collect Spawn how hard is it to collect this?
    I think Larsen as said that some of the original art files for some of the early issues were corrupt/lost and that he had sold/gave away/lost some of the original art for some of those pages.

Don't quote me on that though.