Page 613 of 865 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 12974
    Mighty Member

My Terminal City library hasnt been pulled for my order, and ist has removed the listing from the site. Seems like they have been having some issues with their supply the last couple of weeks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    My Terminal City library hasnt been pulled for my order, and ist has removed the listing from the site. Seems like they have been having some issues with their supply the last couple of weeks.
    I've had a couple kickstarter campaigns claim delays in deliveries because the shipping boats are caught up in some tropical storms at the minute. I know a lot of these books are printed in china and IDW have in the past said storm weather has delayed some books from release so it could be the cause behind at least some of ISTs stock issues lately.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've had a couple kickstarter campaigns claim delays in deliveries because the shipping boats are caught up in some tropical storms at the minute. I know a lot of these books are printed in china and IDW have in the past said storm weather has delayed some books from release so it could be the cause behind at least some of ISTs stock issues lately.
    Goon volume 4 is also suspiciously having issues and that just came out too

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Mine has not been picked either. I ordered late evening release day this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I emailed them about Goon and was told more should arrive in 1-2 weeks. The last time there was this many delays and supply problems was during the port workers strikes. Wonder if the bankruptcy of Hanjin shipping is having effects here.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest. Couple things:

- I really wish American Alien were deluxe. That said it looks like a nice standard HC.
    - First TMNT comic ever. Always been a huge fan of the cartoon, but for some reason I never got any comics. Figured this was a good a place as any to start.

You will not be disappointed with IDW's TMNT. I exactly the same back in 2013 when i picked up the first trade. It does an amazing job taking pieces of all the previous iterations of TMNT and blending them all into one excellent comic.

Roland: awesome stuff, as always. That Bone collection looks particularly good.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    What Moebius/Gir stories are featured in these volumes? I might have to bite the bullet if it's something that I'm missing ATM
    Cannot really say since I only have the first volume in which there is a Blueberry story that has at least been reprinted in the German complete Blueberry edition.

But speaking of Blueberry: you might like to know that Dargaud is going to publish two more of the oversized, pseudo- Artists's Edition b&w editions in December, "Geronimo l'Apache" (vol. 26) and "OK Corral" (vol. 27).

http://www.dargaud.com/bd/Blueberry/...-OK-Corral-N-B
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-13-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    You will not be disappointed with IDW's TMNT. I exactly the same back in 2013 when i picked up the first trade. It does an amazing job taking pieces of all the previous iterations of TMNT and blending them all into one excellent comic.
    That's good to know, thanks! I'd heard some good praise for it which got me to try it. I'm reading American Alien right now (which is fun) and will probably read TMNT next.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    yeah I heard about weather issues I think MArvel had them with their last few shipments too. Although with IDW it seems like EVERY ONE OF THEIR SHIPMENTS is in a constant hurricane zone (looking at L&K master ed v3, Samurai Jack tpb omnibus, the random TMNT deluxes, etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Mine has not been picked either. I ordered late evening release day this week.

I emailed them about Goon and was told more should arrive in 1-2 weeks. The last time there was this many delays and supply problems was during the port workers strikes. Wonder if the bankruptcy of Hanjin shipping is having effects here.
    Shit, I ordered the new Brubaker book and Goon 4. I was wondering why IST gave me a tracking number last week but still says it's processing.

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone, I've seen the Neat Stuff slipcase popping up here and there, and have been looking into. Any feedback from people who've already read it?

Has it aged well? in comparison to Eightball (of which I found some stories still great and others not so much) for example?

I'm a sucker for a a nice slipcase.

Thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nice.
    So Deluxe vol. 5 will collect the final 8 issues, #50 being an oversized issue, but that still makes for a small Deluxe. Any thoughts on what else might go in there? The 4001 A.D. XO one shot comes to mind, anything else?
    I know this is late as hell lol, but was looking at the last trade that was solicited for XO, and judging from that my guess is the last HC will collect 43-50, the annual, and the XO issues from BoD and 4001 AD. Still kinda skimpy though.

Hi guys, has something big happened when I've been on holiday? Came back 2 weeks ago, didn't have much time to catch up with things here, work is getting busier - stayed 14 hours Sunday - and would like to know what's cracking in our small world? Seen some posts in DC threat about feeling guilty when not buying in LCS. Wow is that really a thing?! Yeah I feel guilty every time when I leave Asda empty-handed, they don't have what I'm after, it's same thing, it's simple. First world problems I guess...

Noticed Amazon canceled WW vol 2 omni order, pre-order price was to small for them to swallow? If I rememeber it was 18 quid. Obviously it's available now with much bigger price.

Have bought few books, The New Mutants by Sienkiewicz looks awesome, my favourite artist since I've read Elektra. Got Black Dog limited and signed, 80 out of 400, would try to get a sketch on it as well. Pics will follow at the end of the month.

Has any of you been on those big signing events for 2000 AD? Couldn't attend it, was getting package with books I've sent to myself day before from Poland. Missed Alan Mrtin's signing of Tank Girl as well, goddammit.

So is anything good getting reprint? BPRD vol 3 and 4 - I'm so mad at myself I've missed that one - or The Boys Definitive vol 3? Or Usagi vol 1? Or....

Id really like to go to the 2000AD 40th Anniversary festival but aint sure ill make it yet.
    Im all paid out for Thought Bubble next month!

As for reprints, er... Strontium Dog Agency Files Vol. 1 got one. No Boys Vol. 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Cannot really say since I only have the first volume in which there is a Blueberry story that has at least been reprinted in the German complete Blueberry edition.

But speaking of Blueberry: you might like to know that Dargaud is going to publish two more of the oversized, pseudo- Artists's Edition b&w editions in December, "Geronimo l'Apache" (vol. 26) and "OK Corral" (vol. 27).

http://www.dargaud.com/bd/Blueberry/...-OK-Corral-N-B
    I think all of the Moebius stuff that originally appeared in Pilote has been reprinted in the various collections that appeared over time so I doubt there's anything I haven't seen yet out there. Thanks for the heads up on those Blueberry's BTW, I've immediately preordered them

hey, is The Fade Out anything to do with the other Image stuff that Brubaker and Phillips has put out or is it it's own thing?